Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink blinking yellow light was fixed...

Technically sense Cars Land is set between the two movies and after the first movie Radiator Springs was fixed up, with new working neon, cleaned up exteriors, and a newly paved street... so technically along with this whole neighborhood clean up, the traffic signal was fixed and no longer blinks yellow.It can be seen fixed multiple times during the ending of the movie. Though I think it is a nice touch to the land and wouldn't want it to go, there's definitely nothing fun about an actual traffic light.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: blinking yellow light was fixed...

you wanna tell John Lasseter this?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

It's a cute nod to the movie that I am super glad was added. I'm glad it blinks yellow.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

agreed

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Watch it closely. There's a fun easter-egg with the light that relates to one of Fillmore's lines in the first film.
    -Monorail Man

• I am not a Krusty Krab

every third blink is slower

• Dive ..... Dive.....

A good solution would to make it blink yellow during the day and have it work like a traditional signal at night when the neon comes on.

• Minion

It's not necessarily that it was broken and then fixed, in small rural towns it is common to set the traffic signal to blink yellow when there is little traffic. Usually, they are in normal operation during the day and blinking yellow at night. The point in the film was not fixing broken things but restoring the town to how it was in it's heyday when there was traffic. In Cars Land there are mostly people walking around, not cars driving around, so no need for a traffic signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    It's not necessarily that it was broken and then fixed, in small rural towns it is common to set the traffic signal to blink yellow when there is little traffic. Usually, they are in normal operation during the day and blinking yellow at night. The point in the film was not fixing broken things but restoring the town to how it was in it's heyday when there was traffic. In Cars Land there are mostly people walking around, not cars driving around, so no need for a traffic signal.
    What he said!

• "What? What?"

I have come to the conclusion that they took artistic licenes with Cars Land and pick and choosed what they wanted regardless of timeline. We all need to accept that.

Just like the Beast is still the Beast and all the villians who have been destroyed and still running around the park.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that they took artistic licenes with Cars Land and pick and choosed what they wanted regardless of timeline. We all need to accept that.

Just like the Beast is still the Beast and all the villians who have been destroyed and still running around the park.
    But... the light was never broken in the first place...

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
    But... the light was never broken in the first place...
    I think the point was... in Cars 1 it only blinks yellow, and in Cars 2 it shown fully working... and in Cars Land it has only been seen blinking yellow.

Personally, I think they are going to need to use it for real to move the human traffic through the area.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    Personally, I think they are going to need to use it for real to move the human traffic through the area.

I think Cars 1 is blinking, Cars 2 is not blinking, and Carsland is blinking because, if you think about it, they don't really show Radiator Springs in Cars 2. Carsland is supposed to capture the essience of Radiator Springs and it's cute-little-town factor from the first movie. The yellow blinking light was a part of that factor and a part of the movie (Fillmore ). You know that Imagineers are very detail oriented and had to add that in. Carsland wouldn't be the same without it.

I still like Ron W's response best. There's no need to debate if the light is broken, not broken, flashing in Cars, not flashing in Cars 2 or the continuity of any of that.

Small towns will set the light to flash yellow when there's no traffic. When there's more traffic, it will operate as a normal traffic signal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast