•   
    • Minion

The New DCA my Take on it an some photos to go with it.

Hi everyone here is my take on the new offerings at the DLR. We got to the resort on Saturday and decided to check out the Matterhorn Bobsleds new vehicles. i haven't read much on here about them but all I can say is i really dislike them a lot. The seats are just plastic with no padding. What is up with that? It felt more bumpy than ever because of the seats IMO. I am pretty disappointed in these seats that I will barely go on this attraction which used to be one of my favorites. Harold looked great like he got a shower and some new eyes. The seats though they totally ruined the attraction for me.

After that disappoint we decided to go over and check out BVS and Carsland. BVS looks great and the crowds helped proved that this was a great idea from WDI. It felt like a entrance for a change rather than just something to walk through. I love the way it looks. The red car trolley really adds that movement to a busy place that Tomorrowland is missing. The citizens of BVS are great as well. I do encourage you to stop and talk with them. Also the news paper they hand out is a great add. i wish Disneyland still had a news paper. The stores seemed a bit bare but I am guessing they will improve over time. I managed to get some photos in BVS but not as many as I wanted. there is always next time I will post my thoughts on Carsland tomorrow with my photos.

Last edited by biggsworth; 06-20-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: grammer

•   
    • Minion

Re: The New DCA my Take on it an some photos to go with it.

We also checked out the new nighttime club thing. I have to say I wasn't impressed with this one. I enjoyed the Tron one the best so far. I don't mind the night parties but this one seemed too loud and out of place for some reason to me. I think we spent maybe 15 mins there and decided to move on. I got a couple pictures but not many.

•   
    • Minion

Ok so my photos from Carsland. i have to say I am totally impressed with this area. The size is nice and the details are exceptional. The three attractions fit nicely in it as well. There were times I was in this section and forgot it was even tied to Cars the movie so any worries of it not lasting pretty much went away as far as I am concerned. One of our favorite areas that wasn't a attraction/ride would be the cozy cone. The special drinks were pretty awesome. My favorite was the Ramone's pear a dice soda. I got about 3 of them Red's apple freeze was a close second. We also ate at Flo's for breakfast and lunch which was pleasant. I like sitting there watching RsR

Mater's was a great surprise we ended up riding on it 6 times when the lines weren't bad. i really like this ride a lot. The music is great and the theming is very well done. this ride will carry itself for a long time I feel. We liked the muci so much we bought the cd and listened to it a couple times driving home. Below are my pictures from Mater's junkyard jamboree.

Luigi's flying tires was a neat attraction. I listed out my concerns in oher threads so I won't rehash that here. Overall I like it a lot just the line needs to be dealt with. The times we waited for it was 10 mins when it first opened. and 40 mins when the park closed. If you go to the park put this on the top of your list so you don't have to deal with the line. Below are some photos of the attraction.

Last edited by biggsworth; 06-20-2012 at 02:26 PM.

• Banned User

Great photos!

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

Thanks for sharing! I will be sure to visit Luigi's first when I visit next week.

and they lived happily ever after

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Fun times! Thanks for sharing!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Minion

Here are some random shots Storytellers statue.

Here are some shots I got of Radiator Springs.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 06:52 PM ----------

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 06:54 PM ----------

Last edited by biggsworth; 06-20-2012 at 05:56 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Fun times! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Green View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I will be sure to visit Luigi's first when I visit next week.
    Good choice then go get your RsR FP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fott the LEMON View Post
    Great photos!
    TY!!!

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 08:58 PM ----------

Ok here are the rest of my photos. Most of these are of RsR. What a great attraction. This one combines all of the elements that make a Disney attraction. The queue is awesome, the attraction itself is awesome. It all goes together so well. I would put this in the top 5 at the whole resort. My favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion and this attraction is right there with it. You get such a feeling waiting in the queue that there is this whole story in the area you are in. The music and the ambiance of the area as a whole. I got to go on it multiple times and every time I loved it more. IMO this is such a great edition to the park!!!! I know there are threads on comparing Carsland to WWoHP or transformers to this ride. IMO you can't compare any of these attractions they are all so different. But Carsland overall and BVS are pure awesomeness I can't wait to go back already!

I am currently processing some of my raw photos I will post them later on.
    Last edited by biggsworth; 06-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them with us! I also loved hearing about your experiences in Carsland.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them with us! I also loved hearing about your experiences in Carsland.

Here are some of my raw photos that I have processed. hopefully you all enjoyed my TR!!! until next time!!!