Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

I can't remember who or where I saw this from, but I remember someone mentioned this, so I'd thought I would give it some light.

So, what do you all think?

I personally would love to see an AA of that bear in the first movie with todays technology, man they could make that thing look scary, just like how was in the movie.

Dark ride?

Thoughts?

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

That's actually a terrific idea, and I don't actually feel like it would be too much an intrusion of characters due to it being some lesser known ones. Let's have some original rides first, though.

Photo Via jdhilger

• -

I would rather see a restaurant there named Amos Slade's. Since he was a hunter, they could feature different types of small game meat like rabbit, pheasant... etc.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would rather see a restaurant there named Amos Slade's. Since he was a hunter, they could feature different types of small game meat like rabbit, pheasant... etc.
    So looking at how much space there is alone in the area, would you take out Hungry Bear for "Amos Slade's"?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    So looking at how much space there is alone in the area, would you take out Hungry Bear for "Amos Slade's"?
    I would leave Hungry Bear where it is. I see Amos Slade's as more of a table service type of restaurant considering the types of game dishes that I envision.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

As long as it makes me cry!

• Nutty about Disney parks

I don't think the movie is entertaining enough to warrant a ride. It's an emotional and dark movie yet but I don't see how you can make a compelling ride out of a film that many considered to be weak or dull.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Are you talking about in addition to Pooh, or instead of Pooh?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
    Are you talking about in addition to Pooh, or instead of Pooh?
    In addition meaning expand CC for the ride, then yes.

Instead of Pooh? Sure.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I don't think the movie is entertaining enough to warrant a ride. It's an emotional and dark movie yet but I don't see how you can make a compelling ride out of a film that many considered to be weak or dull.
    Its considered weak and dull?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Instead of Pooh? Sure.

lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

I can't remember who or where I saw this from, but I remember someone mentioned this, so I'd thought I would give it some light.

So, what do you all think?

I personally would love to see an AA of that bear in the first movie with todays technology, man they could make that thing look scary, just like how was in the movie.

Dark ride?

Thoughts?
    I believe this was me. Fox and the Hound is my favorite Disney cartoon and a perfect fit for critter country. I've thought it would be a great idea for years. I really think there's a lot you can do with this story.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I really think there's a lot you can do with this story.
    I think an animatronic of the dude shooting the gun and his pants falling down would be hilarious.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think an animatronic of the dude shooting the gun and his pants falling down would be hilarious.
    they could add that to Pirates lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

I believe Disney actually planned this when the movie first came out in order to lure more crowds into Critter Country, if I remember right. Don't remember exactly why it was cancelled, maybe because of the movie not doing as expected in the box office or something.

But I think it's a good idea. The Fox and the Hound is under-represented in the parks and really in Disney "mythology" or whatever in general. Also Critter Country needs something, the only thing there is Splash and Pooh... (and it's been that way for over 20 years...)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Corn View Post
    I believe Disney actually planned this when the movie first came out in order to lure more crowds into Critter Country, if I remember right.
    The land wasn't called Critter Country when the movie came out. It was still known as Bear Country. It didn't become Critter Country until 7 years later in 1988.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Corn View Post
    But I think it's a good idea. The Fox and the Hound is under-represented in the parks and really in Disney "mythology" or whatever in general.
    While I am in favor of restoring the balance of character vs non-character attractions, I believe this property should have some representation in the parks due to its historical significance of serving as a transition from the "Nine Old Men" to the error of the modern Disney animators.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast