Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    I can't remember who or where I saw this from, but I remember someone mentioned this, so I'd thought I would give it some light.


    So, what do you all think?


    I personally would love to see an AA of that bear in the first movie with todays technology, man they could make that thing look scary, just like how was in the movie.

    Dark ride?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2

    • 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    242

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    That's actually a terrific idea, and I don't actually feel like it would be too much an intrusion of characters due to it being some lesser known ones. Let's have some original rides first, though.

    Photo Via jdhilger

  3. #3

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,607

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    I would rather see a restaurant there named Amos Slade's. Since he was a hunter, they could feature different types of small game meat like rabbit, pheasant... etc.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  4. #4

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would rather see a restaurant there named Amos Slade's. Since he was a hunter, they could feature different types of small game meat like rabbit, pheasant... etc.
    So looking at how much space there is alone in the area, would you take out Hungry Bear for "Amos Slade's"?

  5. #5

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,607

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    So looking at how much space there is alone in the area, would you take out Hungry Bear for "Amos Slade's"?
    I would leave Hungry Bear where it is. I see Amos Slade's as more of a table service type of restaurant considering the types of game dishes that I envision.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    As long as it makes me cry!

  7. #7

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,640

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    I don't think the movie is entertaining enough to warrant a ride. It's an emotional and dark movie yet but I don't see how you can make a compelling ride out of a film that many considered to be weak or dull.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Posts
    91

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Are you talking about in addition to Pooh, or instead of Pooh?

  9. #9

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by peagreen View Post
    Are you talking about in addition to Pooh, or instead of Pooh?
    In addition meaning expand CC for the ride, then yes.

    Instead of Pooh? Sure.

    ---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I don't think the movie is entertaining enough to warrant a ride. It's an emotional and dark movie yet but I don't see how you can make a compelling ride out of a film that many considered to be weak or dull.
    Its considered weak and dull?

  10. #10

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post

    Instead of Pooh? Sure.

    lol


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    947

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I can't remember who or where I saw this from, but I remember someone mentioned this, so I'd thought I would give it some light.


    So, what do you all think?


    I personally would love to see an AA of that bear in the first movie with todays technology, man they could make that thing look scary, just like how was in the movie.

    Dark ride?

    Thoughts?
    I believe this was me. Fox and the Hound is my favorite Disney cartoon and a perfect fit for critter country. I've thought it would be a great idea for years. I really think there's a lot you can do with this story.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

  12. #12

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,607

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I really think there's a lot you can do with this story.
    I think an animatronic of the dude shooting the gun and his pants falling down would be hilarious.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  13. #13

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think an animatronic of the dude shooting the gun and his pants falling down would be hilarious.
    they could add that to Pirates lol


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    102

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    I believe Disney actually planned this when the movie first came out in order to lure more crowds into Critter Country, if I remember right. Don't remember exactly why it was cancelled, maybe because of the movie not doing as expected in the box office or something.

    But I think it's a good idea. The Fox and the Hound is under-represented in the parks and really in Disney "mythology" or whatever in general. Also Critter Country needs something, the only thing there is Splash and Pooh... (and it's been that way for over 20 years...)

  15. #15

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,607

    Re: Fox & The Hound Ride In Critter Country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Corn View Post
    I believe Disney actually planned this when the movie first came out in order to lure more crowds into Critter Country, if I remember right.
    The land wasn't called Critter Country when the movie came out. It was still known as Bear Country. It didn't become Critter Country until 7 years later in 1988.

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander Corn View Post
    But I think it's a good idea. The Fox and the Hound is under-represented in the parks and really in Disney "mythology" or whatever in general.
    While I am in favor of restoring the balance of character vs non-character attractions, I believe this property should have some representation in the parks due to its historical significance of serving as a transition from the "Nine Old Men" to the error of the modern Disney animators.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did anyone pick up the Fox and the Hound yesterday
    By kcnole in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
  2. 25th Anniversary The Fox and the Hound
    By aimster in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 02:46 PM
  3. Fox and the hound
    By tassie in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 07:06 PM
  4. The Demise of Bear/Critter Country
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:38 PM
  5. Brother Bear Ride In Critter Country or The Golden State in DCA
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 04:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •