Vegitarian and Allergy Options in Disneyland

Two years ago, when I went to Disneyland I was a vegetarian. Obviously, there aren't as many food options. I know vegetarians who go to Disneyland and just eat pizza and I really don't want people to be limited to that. I'm opening this Thread so people can share their vegetarian experiences. Feel free to include gluten free foods and other allergies/ limitations (soy, lactose, ect.) I stuck to veggie burgers (Rainforest cafe has the worst veggie burgers, they're mushy. The Pilot Grill has the best, they're kind of like hash browns) and the vegetarian breadbowl chilli (love it!).

So, places to eat, foods, and more?

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: Vegitarian and Allergy Options in Disneyland

Well, back in March I went with a friend who is a vegetarian and is also allergic to: gluten, potatoes, and sugar. We did just fine: she eats egg whites, so the breakfast buffets and made-to-order omelettes worked for us in the mornings. At DL we ate at Rancho del Zocalo where she got rice and beans and at Blue Bayou, where the chef prepared a meal especially for her. At DCA we ate at the Lucky Fortune Cookery where she got the tofu bowl, and at Ariel's Grotto, where, once again, the chef prepared a dish for her. At both Blue Bayou and Ariel's Grotto she loved her food, and I must admit it looked delicious! yAy Disney for being so accommodating!

• "What? What?"

Most of the places are really good with accomidating, as long as it's not pre-made food there. Like chili in new orleans is in a huge crockpot, they can't really whip you up a fresh one. But places where there are chefs and kitchens, they can do anything.

A Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta last weekend, my wife was able to order the mushroom pesto pizza without mushroom. It was ready in about 10 minutes and the cook perosnally brought it out.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

i'm vegetarian and my husband is vegan... we've been able to find a few blogs that list a ton of vegan options while we prepare for our trip...

at WDW it looks like they have a lot more options... which would be nice at DL especially vegan ice cream! I was hoping that with the new ice cream spots at DCA they would bring it in... but so far from the pics i've seen of the menus... no luck.