Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: How long do you think Toon Town will last?

Toon Town is actually pretty busy. I went there and it was PACKED. I think it's going to stay for quite some time, but I think that they should change it a little bit. Walt Disney said that Disneyland is a park where both parents and kids could have fun and although little kids have bucketloads of fun in Toon Town... the parents and older brothers and sisters aren't enjoying themselves as they would in other areas in the park. There is probably something that, if added into Toon Town, would make it a lot more popular. Maybe an attraction that both parents, teens, and kids could have fun in but still keeping the Toon Town theme. Any ideas?

• Insomniac

Toontown is the land that should get TSMM and Buzz Lightyear style rides! The land is interactive, RR is interactive, why can't they add a new ride to compete with TSMM? The land is the most interactive area in the resort. Why can't it have a ride in line with the most interactive rides they have created?

If I was in charge, I would annex the entertainment building (the one behind toon town) to make a new ride. Relocate the entertainment building to a multi-story building farther back. Then remove Donald's boat and C&DTH and place a boat ride that weaves under the Rollercoaster and through caverns with animatronics that respond when guests squirt targets with water pistols attatched to the boats. Jolly Trolly would then be finally removed completely. The JT stop would be demolished and replaced by a new much larger C&DTH in the vein of the tree of life at Animal Kingdom.

Add multiple path ways, large over reaching branches to bring shade to the area, a meet and greet area near the top, a sound system that makes it sound like chip and dale are chasing each other around the tree, and interactive elements. Then the area where C&D's house is now would make way for a path to the Frontierland expansion. Then build Mickey Mouse's club house (from the tv show) where the ice cream stand next to Goofy's house is (or whatever that thing is). Inside would be a small theater that would host a Monsters Inc Laugh Floor style interactive show.

These additions would vastly expand the areas appeal to not just 5 year olds, increase capacity, improve an area that has been low on energy since JT, Goofy's bounce house, and Chip and Dale's slide went away. You ask how long it will last? With similar additions to this I would see it lasting as long as Cars Land if not longer.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I think ToonTown is a land that just has SO much potential! It's so well themed and really a feast for the eyes - I just wish there was more going on, more rides!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Roger Rabbit is my favorite. Therefore, toon town must stay ... well, at least keep roger rabbit. everything else can go

• враг народа

Blog Entries

This has come up a few time and I'm not sure why. Toon Town Faire was not at all close to Toon Town in its level of execution.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I've heard imagineers say several times that Walt never wanted a circus. I don't just make things up to backup posts. I've heard them say that anything related to that gets a lot of debate to make sure it's themed well enough to justify it being there, because he never wanted the park compared to that or a fair ground. Dumbo would obviously be one of those things.
    Again, just pull up old drawings of Disneyland. A circus was something Walt wanted at Disneyland for years.

The kids that grew up watching Transformers have grown up and their kids have probably become fans thanks to the movies. They can go to Universal and both generations will be interested in Transformers the Ride. Why doesn't Disney do the same with their Disney Afternoon properties? You already have Gadget's Go-Coaster right there. They could do a couple of dark rides based on Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin, etc. With the exception of Darkwing Duck, all of these series have characters that kids will recognize, but will also interest parents that grew up watching these shows.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    This has come up a few time and I'm not sure why. Toon Town Faire was not at all close to Toon Town in its level of execution.

Again, just pull up old drawings of Disneyland. A circus was something Walt wanted at Disneyland for years.
    Repeating yourself doesn't change anything. sorry.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

ToonTown won't nor should it go anywhere. The land needs help, not removal. I'm strongly against removing any entire land. No one suggests getting rid of Adventureland or New Orleans, yet for some reason people put this area in a temporary category that isn't warranted. The land is one of the best designed/themed areas they ever done, and Roger Rabbit alone is reason enough to keep it, but they haven't maintained it. Maintenance was one of Walt's core values, and they neglected this land horribly. It reflects painfully on the entire creative team.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 07:35 PM ----------

No. Pooh would make no sense in either space, and Walt expressly said to never make a circus.
    pooh makes no sense in his current area. Critter country is supposed to be the back woods of america. which is why splash mountain and country bear jamboree were perfect for this area. and pooh is a brittish not from the american south

and for the no circus thing, walt loved the circus and planned to have a circus area put in the park, he even turned main street in a circus once. a dumbo circus area behind the casey jr area would be great. somehow relocate the loading area of casey jr to the fantasyland theater area and turn the train station into a circus themed area. redo toon town somehow and where the treehouse is make an entrance to a winnie the pooh mini land that will connect to whatever the replace Big Thunder Ranch. it will blend right in

if you want proof walt wanted a circus in disneyland read these:
    The Neverland Files: Dumbo's Circusland

January 8 disneydetail

A Look Back: November 24, 1955, Mickey Mouse Club Circus Debuts Disney Parks Blog

Daveland Disneyland Mickey Mouse Club Circus Photo Page

sorry im a nerd

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

So disappointing. Can't believe my favorite place once supported the very animal acts I'm against. Glad it's no longer there. Sorry, just had to put that out there.
    Because Bert Said So!

• Closed Account

Repeating yourself doesn't change anything. sorry.
    And continuing to rely on false information to support you point that Walt said he didn't want a circus doesn't change the fact that not only did he never say that, he in fact actually HAD a circus at Disneyland.

Daveland Disneyland Mickey Mouse Club Circus Photo Page

• Parking Lot > DCA

I've heard imagineers say several times that Walt never wanted a circus. I don't just make things up to backup posts. I've heard them say that anything related to that gets a lot of debate to make sure it's themed well enough to justify it being there, because he never wanted the park compared to that or a fair ground. Dumbo would obviously be one of those things.
    Are you possibly confusing your claim with this quote? Because like others have stated, your claim is not true.

"A word may be said in regard to the concept and conduct of Disneyland's operational tone. Although various sections will have the fun and flavor of a carnival or amusement park. There will be none of the pitches, game wheels, sharp practices, and devices designed to milk the visitor's pocket book." - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planetsix View Post
    So disappointing. Can't believe my favorite place once supported the very animal acts I'm against. Glad it's no longer there. Sorry, just had to put that out there.
    As with all popular entertainment forms, one needs to look at the content of 1950s circuses in light of the cultural sensibility of that time, not our time. Circuses with animal acts were very popular then, as was the Mickey Mouse Club TV show. Walt combined them in the Mickey Mouse Club circus, a quality show that failed to bring in audiences -- as some of his imagineers had warned.

It wasn't the show, it was the location: Disneyland. No matter how much kids loved circuses and were Mickey Mouse Club fanatics (as I and my siblings were), there was no way we wanted to sit in that tent while the wonders of Disneyland were just outside. We could go to circuses anytime they were in town, and could see the Mousekateers every day on TV.

The Mickey Mouse Club Circus lasted less than a year before it closed. No one missed it when it was gone.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-21-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Are you possibly confusing your claim with this quote? Because like others have stated, your claim is not true.
    No. I'm not confusing anything. I heard a fan ask several imagineers if Walt not wanting a Circus ever placed in the park hindered their plans for future attractions. They all said that yes is does come up in creative discussions, so anything themed like one would have to be extremely well justified within the theme of the land. So either all of those people working in WDI are wrong, or I'm just making this up to support a silly argument. Pick one. :/

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

No. I'm not confusing anything. I heard a fan ask several imagineers if Walt not wanting a Circus ever placed in the park hindered their plans for future attractions. They all said that yes is does come up in creative discussions, so anything themed like one would have to be extremely well justified within the theme of the land. So either all of those people working in WDI are wrong, or I'm just making this up to support a silly argument. Pick one. :/
    Well they're backing up their claims with proof and links, while you're relying on hearsay.

Most are inclined to go with facts.

Though on the topic of the thread, Toontown still has plenty of appeal to it, and also sometimes serves as a nice quieter area of the park to get away from more crowded areas at select times.

But other times is also quite busy as well.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Well they're backing up their claims with proof and links, while you're relying on hearsay.

Most are inclined to go with facts.
    Hearsay, from Imagineers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast