Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: How long do you think Toon Town will last?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Hearsay, from Imagineers.

Links? Quotes? I see plenty from those claiming that Walt actually had a circus, but none from your point of view.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Parking Lot > DCA

The proof is in the pudding my friend. It's hard to support or back up a claim with no evidence.

• Closed Account

Is it too much to ask which "Imagineers?"

Not that it really matters. They could just as easily have said Walt hated trains, but there's a bit of evidence out there that shows such a statement might not be entirely accurate.

(Of course, we'd then have to deal with folks stating Walt must, in fact, have hated trains, because an Imagineer said it. ).

• Senior Minion

You don't have to know anything about Disney history to become an Imagineer. If one said that, he or she didn't know what they were talking about.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

It was more than one (which I've said), and it was a response to a question from a fan who was referencing something they had heard (which I've also said). So not only had the fan heard this, but they all responded accordingly. Now it's true they could all be mistaken, but that seems awfully strange.

ANYWAY....back to ToonTown.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwowzer View Post
    aaaaa As much as is pains me to say but with the removal of Toon Town in Walt Disney World,
    More or less, they didn't remove it in the MK. They rethemed it into....a circus.

The area which was Toon Town Faire had circus tents that housed meet and greets a train station and Goofy's Barn Stormer a Gadget's Go Coaster equivilent.

This same area is now Storybook Circus. Using circus tents for meet and greets, a rethemed coaster, train station and new location for a dual Dumbo ride.

The exapnsion is over their closed sub ride and back stage area. Only fully removed was Ariel's Grotto the meet and greet location. Pooh's tree was moved closer to its attraction and Dumbo was moved over to the Storybook Circus.

• Parking Lot > DCA

It was more than one (which I've said), and it was a response to a question from a fan who was referencing something they had heard (which I've also said). So not only had the fan heard this, but they all responded accordingly. Now it's true they could all be mistaken, but that seems awfully strange.
    Not to keep beating a dead horse, but without a proper source it's hard to maintain a claim like this. I don't doubt that it was said and I don't think you're lying by any means but not having anything other than the "he said, she said" argument makes the claim almost invalid.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    More or less, they didn't remove it in the MK. They rethemed it into....a circus.

The area which was Toon Town Faire had circus tents that housed meet and greets a train station and Goofy's Barn Stormer a Gadget's Go Coaster equivilent.

This same area is now Storybook Circus. Using circus tents for meet and greets, a rethemed coaster, train station and new location for a dual Dumbo ride.

The exapnsion is over their closed sub ride and back stage area. Only fully removed was Ariel's Grotto the meet and greet location. Pooh's tree was moved closer to its attraction and Dumbo was moved over to the Storybook Circus.
    Exactly. They never really had Toon Town to begin with. It was clearly a temporary thing that overstayed its intended lifespan. Toon Town is not the kind of thing though.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

proof:
    http://jimhillmedia.com/cfs-filesyst...2D00_500x0.jpg

look at where Space Mountain currently is.

ok now back onto toontown

the area needs a major paint job as well as more interactive areas. the roger rabbit area is perfect. Mickey's house is fine but needs a paint job, Goofy's house should be a maze or a fun house. and there should be more trees
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

im shocked that they didnt clone toontown in DHS

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

I think they should remove toontown, or update it a lot. Since it would be more costly to remove it and dream up a whole new land, I suggest they update it majorly.

This part of the park reminds me of Marine World, it's just not as awesome as the rest of the park. It is very cutely decorated and immersive and all, but it just has never said "Disney" to me.

And no, I'm not one of those people who were alive before it existed and hate it with a passion, I'm only 20, so it has been there as long as I can remember. So naturally, I should like it because it's nostalgic, right? Not the case here. When I think of great childhood memories and memories more recently of Disneyland, Toontown is not a part of them.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    im shocked that they didnt clone toontown in DHS
    They had the TT Fair in MK. It wouldn't have made sense to have two Toon Towns in WDW.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    proof:
    http://jimhillmedia.com/cfs-filesyst...2D00_500x0.jpg

look at where Space Mountain currently is.

ok now back onto toontown

the area needs a major paint job as well as more interactive areas. the roger rabbit area is perfect. Mickey's house is fine but needs a paint job, Goofy's house should be a maze or a fun house. and there should be more trees
    umm....I never said you were incorrect.

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    It is very cutely decorated and immersive and all, but it just has never said "Disney" to me.
    Um...

• I am not a Krusty Krab

umm....I never said you were incorrect.
    ummm... haha... i knew that

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    They had the TT Fair in MK. It wouldn't have made sense to have two Toon Towns in WDW.
    toontown fair was supposed to be temporary

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    You don't have to know anything about Disney history to become an Imagineer.
    You don't have to know anything about Disney history to become a Disney executive. Just the opposite: expressing too much knowledge of Disney history, especially pre-1985 Disney history, was looked upon with cynicism and derision during the Eisner years -- an attitude that remains very much alive in many areas of the Company.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123