Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Original '55

How long do you think Toon Town will last?

aaaaa As much as is pains me to say but with the removal of Toon Town in Walt Disney World, and the issue with the early closure and late opening of the area, how long do you guys think it will last?

aaaaa Now im not saying that Toon Town will be removed in the Same way that it was in Disney World but I wouldn't mind it if Disney updated the area because of the emptyness of the area, Chip and Dale's tree house hasn't been used in ages and many other landmarks remain empty. If Disney was to update the area then maybe the fireworks could be pushed back so that Fantasyland could remain open through the night. Also maybe a path could be made between Big Thunder Ranch and the Toon Town Area or possibly a new expansion area!!!
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: How long do you think Toon Town will last?

yes!!!!!!!!!! get rid of pooh and move him near toontown and frontierland, and a circus area too

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Toontown will be here for a long time. GO there at the height of the day and seee how busy it is there

I don't think the fireworks can be moved, so to keep that area "open", I would turn it into show buildings, with entrances to them under the DLRR tracks, a la IASW. Moving Pooh there and making it spectacular would be great.

A connection from the Theater area to BTR, inside the berm, works for me. Create a smaller FL theater, a new show building/attraction backing up to Casey Jr/Storybookland and then the rest of the area is walkable space.

So, yeah, ToonTown becomes home to show buildings and the fireworks don't close the area.

• Parking Lot > DCA

WTP needs to stay in Critter Country. If the ride were to get re-vamped (unlikely) it would bring more people into that ghost town of an area.

• Banned User

ToonTown won't nor should it go anywhere. The land needs help, not removal. I'm strongly against removing any entire land. No one suggests getting rid of Adventureland or New Orleans, yet for some reason people put this area in a temporary category that isn't warranted. The land is one of the best designed/themed areas they ever done, and Roger Rabbit alone is reason enough to keep it, but they haven't maintained it. Maintenance was one of Walt's core values, and they neglected this land horribly. It reflects painfully on the entire creative team.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    yes!!!!!!!!!! get rid of pooh and move him near toontown and frontierland, and a circus area too
    No. Pooh would make no sense in either space, and Walt expressly said to never make a circus.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    and Walt expressly said to never make a circus.
    Completely false.
    Disneyland had a temporary circus years ago and plans for a Dumbo Circus themed land was on the drawing boards. Even a three dimensional model was created.

• Minion

In the past rides were removed to make room for new rides, and now in the wake of the Fantasyland expansion in FL whole lands are being replaced. OY VEY!!

But seriously, if TT were ever to get the boot, I could only imagine Disney replacing it with something that would generate profit for years to come, ie a franchise. The only likely candidate would probably be that new Wizard of Oz movie....And that's a stretch.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    ToonTown won't nor should it go anywhere. The land needs help, not removal. I'm strongly against removing any entire land. No one suggests getting rid of Adventureland or New Orleans, yet for some reason people put this area in a temporary category that isn't warranted. The land is one of the best designed/themed areas they ever done, and Roger Rabbit alone is reason enough to keep it, but they haven't maintained it. Maintenance was one of Walt's core values, and they neglected this land horribly. It reflects painfully on the entire creative team.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 07:35 PM ----------

No. Pooh would make no sense in either space, and Walt expressly said to never make a circus.
    Walt never said to not make a circus. He had a circus at DL and it wasn't very popular so he took it out. At the time he said he realized the circus didn't work because DL was the show. I never cease to be amazed by the made up things Walt supposedly said or believed. Also, a circus themed area and a circus are not the same thing. Dumbo and Casey Junior have a circus theme and they work, you could easily expand on that if you wanted to. A further expansion of the circus theme withing FL has been proposed numerous times by both many of Walt's original imagineers and Tony Baxter.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

I agree that the land is pretty dead but I would be upset to see it go. It would be nice to see them spice it up some but to get rid of it would be a mistake.

and they lived happily ever after

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    So, yeah, ToonTown becomes home to show buildings and the fireworks don't close the area.
    Fireworks close Fantasyland since the castle and dark rides are one continuous building so Toontown would still close. RRCS is still a very popular ride with long wait times and sold-out Fastpasses so I doubt it's going anywhere.

I have to admit that at first I used to hate Toontown but after a few trips to Disneyland my view has taken a 180 degree turn. It's one of my favorite lands and I would be really sad to see it go. Maybe it needs a little work but I think they should be concentrating on Tomorrowland before Toontown. Just look at all the little kids having the times of their lives! I love showing kids all the cute little gags if they're near them and seeing their faces light up like a Christmas tree. I hope that Toontown is here to stay.

• Disneyland Original '55

I agree with the thought of revamping Toon Town and I too would be sad to see it leave, i was very sad when Mickey's Toon Town Fair left in Walt Disney World, but now that I've seen Storybook Circus, I like the freshness that comes with a greener atmosphere. I wouldn't mind changing Toon Town from the busy Metropolis to a small suburban area, like the left half already is. Another thought i want to throw out into the mix is Roger Rabbit, what is the fate of the beloved character that themed Toon Town to begin with, the lower generation has no idea who he is. Either Disney starts bringing the character back some way, or we might see him be removed from the park. Another idea I've had for years that might bring the land back into shape could be Mickey's Philharmagic. If Disney replaces the Town hall or Five and Dime with Mickey's Philharmagic the area would attract more guests and maybe Disney might think of putting in a park to bring some shade into the area because Toon Town gets really hot and Disney had similar problems with Sunshine Plaza.

My final thought about Toon Town i have is this........

........................... I miss the Jolly Trolly!!!!
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Banned User

I've heard imagineers say several times that Walt never wanted a circus. I don't just make things up to backup posts. I've heard them say that anything related to that gets a lot of debate to make sure it's themed well enough to justify it being there, because he never wanted the park compared to that or a fair ground. Dumbo would obviously be one of those things.

•   
    • Minion

I think Toontown is adorable, and it does seem to get very busy during the day. Roger Rabbit is a great ride, and the entire land is so richly themed that it would be a shame to let it go.

I think that instead of removing it, they should revamp it. They could turn Goofy, Donald and Chip & Dale's areas into some sort of wonderful family ride or minor thrill. Maybe something else based on Toontown, or one of the old cartoons...perhaps an Oswald ride (he's retired and lives in Toontown!).

I really hope the circus theme doesn't come to DLR. For one thing I don't want DLR to be a clone of WDW; for another, our park has a different vibe than WDW; for a third, a lot of people are no longer keen on animal circuses and it wouldn't work. If they were to expand Fantasyland it should be into the Fantasy Faire area, not Toontown.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast