Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still Dizzy

Question Citizens of BVS? Your Thoughts?

I'm curious if anyone has had any interesting interactions with any of the Citizens? I only ran into one when I went Sunday, (the girl on the messenger bike) and although I tried to seem open to interaction (big smile, nice hello), she just said Hi and looked away.

Do they just randomly decide to interact with people? Do you have to initiate it? I've never done disneyworld so I've never dealt with the Citizens idea before.

• Minion

Re: Citizens of BVS? Your Thoughts?

I thought that they were my favorite aspect in this new land. I especially loved the lady with the stuffed animal dog. Yes they do randomly interact with you even if it is for a split second.

• Minion

I talked to the officer in blue and we had a nice conversation. About the same level as meeting a face character not at a meet and greet. We talked about how "neato" his outfit was and he told us he was given it from the city. And I asked about the messenger girl on the bicycle and he said her name is Molly and she'd be out and about throughout the day. Then we took our picture and went on our way.

TL;DR: feel free to initiate interaction with them!

• MaliBOOMer

The citizens of Hollywood at Disney World are awesome! When I was there they did multiple different skits and such, it was awesome! And really funny, they did one where they pulled someone from the crowd and played "the hollywood matchmaking game". I hope the Citizens of BVS have similar "performances".
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Here is a Tourist Lady taking photos with her Kodak folding camera. She was outragious, and approached nearly everyone. "So glad to see you again". "Just one photo for my album, please."

She spent a long time with one 5 year old girl, who posed like a dancer. She went on and on about what wonderful moves she had and she must be a star like Shirley Temple.

She had a Disney Photopass Photographer with her.

• Minion

I'm sure they're cool and popular, as are the ones at DHS. But personally I'm painfully shy and don't like being randomly "interacted" with in that way, so I'll probably be on the lookout and trying my best to avoid them just like I do at DHS, LOL. I try to enjoy watching them interact with OTHER people from a safe distance.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

they should make me a citizen

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

Had to post here again! My friends and I met the Dog Lady who introduced us to Phiphi, the photographer pictured above, after tracking her down several yards away. They had a great interaction with us and each other and it really made all of us smile.

I personally think that they should add more of them! I haven't interacted with any of them yet, but the more characters, the more believable the theme!

Come to think of it, I would recommend that they add citizens to the other lands such as Hollywood Land & Paradise Pier. I would love to see more of the Hollywood characters come to life, and it would be great to see people in Paradise Pier like they show on those billboards on the ramp leading down to Screamin'. Or maybe even old time carnival folks doing little circus acts? (Think Water for Elephants)

• formerly very helpful

I was a little disapointed that I didn't see any of them- except the telegraph lady. She just rode her bike by real quickly. I guess it's just luck of the draw.

• I am number 4 of 999

My boyfriend asked Mollie if she had any messages for him and she gave him a message from "Mickey M." wishing him well. And for reference, he's 28. So definitely interact with them!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

I am so happy they are doing this. It was my favorite thing about DHS.

Police Officer was a nice guy. Wish I got to talk to him. The only words I was able to say to him was "Top of the morning officer!" out the window of the Red Car Trolley before we started moving along.

• Time tells the truth.

I saw the messenger on the three wheeled bike stop and ask a young child for directions to Clarabelle's. He was holding a map. It was fun to watch. The boy was super intent on finding it for her even though they where standing right in front of the place.

I agree it would be fun to see movie stars walking around Hollywood.

I like the characters. They'll even sit next to me out of the blue and chat for a while. What bugs the hell out of me are "locals" who show up dressed up in 1920s, 1930s costumes acting like they're citizens of BVS. One couple started swing dancing and it was obvious they wanted to draw attention to themselves. A crowd gathered thinking it was part of Disney entertainment. Disney should ban that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast