Only spending four days in DLR & DCA- worried in won't be enough- suggestions?

Hello All-
    I'm new to this forum and just booked our first DLR trip since 2000. We'll be in the park(s) M-Th 10/15-10/18/12. When I booked I honestly had no idea as to the size and offerings of DCA as it wasn't even built the last time we were there. Nor did I know anything about Cars Land opening! I know, sounds crazy. We've been outta the loop for sure! Anyway, now that it's booked I'm worried we won't have enough time. It will be me, my husband and our 6 yr old daughter who's into all things Disney & Pixar as well as Princesses and thrill rides. Since we'll be there during the Halloween season (my DH's bday is on Halloween so it's a bit of an early bday celebration) we'd like to go to the Mickey's Halloween Party too (if they're doing it again). Any tips or suggestions on how we can make the most of our 4 days and get in as many attractions as possible? We're staying close to the park- across the street at the Ramada Maingate. Thanks in advance to all!

Re: Only spending four days in DLR & DCA- worried in won't be enough- suggestions?

Honestly, 4 days is plenty of time. My family just got back from six days and two were during the first two days of Carsland opening. Just relax, have a good time and don't try to do everything all at once. You'll wear yourself out by the end of day two if you do that.

A couple of the best (IMO) rides at Disneyland are quick moving lines even on he busiest of days (Pirates, Haunted Mansion). Buzz Light Year Astro Blasters is typically very quick also and a hit with the kids.

Days that you want to visit DCA, head to the fast pass distribution line for Radiator Springs Racers first thing and you'll be guaranteed a shorter wait and a more productive day. Little Mermaid is a VERY fast line and certain to be a hit with a 6 year old girl.

Someone in here has a quote in their signature that best describes the Disneyland experience. It reads: Disneyland is to be sipped, not chug-a-lugged.

I couldn't agree more.

Above all, relax and have a vacation and not a boot camp. That mentality is what makes many Disney visits, for some, an exhausting experience rather than a vacation. Have fun!
    Last edited by disneyrand1; 06-20-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: add text

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Only spending four days in DLR & DCA- worried in won't be enough- suggestions?

4 days is more than enough especially mid-week in October. What you should be more worried about is what to do during the good amount of down-time you are inevitably going to have.

• Minion

If you'll be around for the Halloween Party, be sure to buy extra tickets for those specific days! Some days, you'll need an additional ticket to attend the event, so that is something to keep looking for. People are expecting news for this event to come any time now.

Definitely make use of the Fastpass system and get the big rides first, if your kid is into that. Watch out for Ghost Galaxy, though, which is the Space Mountain Halloween theme which can be quite frightening for kids. It's not gory or anything like that, but it does have shock moments.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If you get there when it opens.....then even on Peaks days you can do EVERY thing and many Big rides twice....also remember on days when the parks are open late the last two hours many rides like Splash, Indy, Big Thunder, HM and Buzz have almost no one...to very low lines

Thanks everyone! This is really great advice. So you could tell in just a few sentences I'm uptight, huh? I gotta work on that My daughter's costume arrived from the Disney Store today so we're definately getting excited. First vacation in 9 years! Can't wait!

• Big Thunder

Four days should be enough time for you to enjoy both parks at your leisure at that time of year. Make sure you're prepared for any kind of weather. We were there in October about ten years ago, prepared for cool weather. Temperatures soared over 100 degrees, and we had a very difficult time finding shorts and other summer clothes in the local stores in October. Just sayin'. Have a great time. The crowds were so light we rode California Screamin' five times in a row.

• Boise Mouse

We just got back from a two week venture, spending six of them at the parks, but four will be a wonderful time! You should be able to see and do everything you want. Plan your days, use the fast passes, and most importantly, take time to rest and relax. You don't want to burn yourself and your fam out. Most importanly, take some very comfortable shoes. We also always pick up a couple of packages of "Mole Skin" and a small pair of acissors, and we take it to the parks with us everyday. If someone starts to get a hot spot on their foot, put it on right away. It will prevent those miserable blisters.

This forum is an excellent place to get tips on touring, foods to try, and special things not to be missed! Check out trip reports as often as you can, as these really helped me with our planning. You have made a great first step by coming here to do your research.

I hope you have a fun and wonderful time!

PS... my first name is spelled exactly like yours. I don't get to see that very often.

• Banned User

I've taken first timers to both parks in 1 day, and still done rides twice. You have plenty of time.