Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Photographer-In-Training

Food/Restaurants To Try At Disnyeland

So I will be going to Disneyland in a little, so where and what should I try at the parks?
    -Carter P.

Re: Food/Restaurants To Try At Disnyeland

Quote Originally Posted by PressPersily View Post
    So I will be going to Disneyland in a little, so where and what should I try at the parks?
    My favorite has always been the French Market in New Orleans Square, particularly the Cajun Jambalaya.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I second the French Market with the same option of the jambalaya.

Depending on your budget, give the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian a try. It can be pricey but I hear the food is great.

Also in the Disneyland Hotel give the Tangaroa Terrace a try.

Cafe Orleans is good for the monte cristo sandwich. It's also served at the Blue Bayou if you want nice ambiance and the opportunity to dine by the POTC ride.

The Jazz Kitchen or House of Blues is good for DTD. If like beignets pick those up at the Jazz Kitchen to go on the outside of the restaurant.

At DCA along the Pacific Wharf there is a pretty good Asian eatery, sorry can't remember the name.

Flo's in Carsland was a huge hit with my family, FWIW.

• Johnny and Me!

Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta has a nice selection. The Boardwalk Field Greens salad is my favorite.

Also, you could try a corn dog from the Red Wagon. The line can get pretty long but it's worth the wait.

I can not say enough about the jazz kitchen! The food is amazing and the service is great. I also like that I can usually make reservations day of and it works out. Napa rose is also a great place if you want a nice sit down meal. If the Carnation Plaza is open when you go- it's a must try as well.
    As far as quick bites through the park- bengal BBQ is a good mid-day snack... it pairs nicely with some dole whip located a short walk away. If you like Mint, be sure to try the mint julip in new orelans. They have a window just for them around the back hidden by the restroom... or you can go into the french market and get it. For some reason, turkey legs, clam chowder, corn dogs and chimichangas just taste better at disneyland- so don't hesitate to enjoy those while waiting for fantasmic or the parade.

• Tiki baba!

At Disneyland, try the skewers at Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland for snacking options. It's good to munch on them in between lunch and dinner.

At DCA, the NY Steak at Flo's V8 in Cars Land was really good, and it was filling for the price. The chicken pesto pasta at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta over at Paradise Pier is also pretty good! The flatbread pizza can be yummy too if they came fresh out of the oven. Otherwise beware cause sometimes they've been out there for too long.

If you go to Downtown Disney and don't mind spending a little bit, I agree with the others that the Jazz Kitchen is also really good. They have a jazz band for dinner, and I recommend the Andouille crusted snapper. Super yum! Don't forget to preorder the chocolate souffle

• shakespeare in the park?

I had beignets for the first time a few months back, and any time somebody asks what they should get to east at Disneyland, I always recommend them. They are so good, but they can be really messy. They're covered in powdered sugar, so grab some napkins and put them on your lap so you don't get your pants all covered in it, it'll be impossible to get all the way off. You can get them at the Mint Julep Bar at the French Market.

Also, you should get a cream cheese filled pretzel in Fantasyland. Simple, yet satisfying.

• Here's my 2 cents

Village Haus has a great flatbread BLT
    French Market Citrus Chicken
    Jolly Holiday Bakery grilled cheese and soup, if you dont like tomato basil they will sub the chicken noodle
    Riverbelle Terrace for breakfast
    Steakhouse 55 at the DL hotel has the best breakfast in the resort but it'll cost about $15pp,
    Catal has a great unique breakfast as well, but again about $15pp
    House of Blues has an amazing lobster mac and cheese
    skip the Blue Bayou too expensive
    skip the Trattoria no worth the money
    Try the Cove bar for cocktail and lobster nachos, feeds two well and four if youre not that hungry
    Paradise Garden Grill for mediteranean food (greek and Italian) plus live music while you eat.
    Flo's V8 cafe is great classic diner food at a great price
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Boise Mouse

First and very foremost..... you MUST have a Dole Whip. Whatever you do, don't leave DL without trying one! Frozen pineapple goodness! There will be a lonnnnngggggggg line, but believe me, it's worth it. (If you plan on going to the Enchanted Tiki Room show, the line is sometimes shorter on that side because they are trying to get guests served that will be attending the show.) And, IMO, the soft serve is where it's at, not the float with the juice.

The Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans is epic. The Pommes Frites are pretty much to die for as well.

And last but not least, my third favorite thing was the fried green tomato sandwich at Hungry Bear, with onion rings, of course!

P.S..... If you like onion rings, and they are not on a menu, just ask the CM. The gal at Hungry Bear told us that they have them at every counter service, but that they are not on all of the menus.

Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by boisemice; 06-21-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling error

• shakespeare in the park?

boisemice, in my experience, you don't have to watch the Enchanted Tiki Room show to get served on that side. I'm not a Dole Whip fan personally (criminal, I know), but I've been over on that side with friends and made it pretty clear that we weren't planning to stay for the show, and we've never been told to wait in the other line.

• "What? What?"

Wow! As someone who has had many meals at the DIsneyland Resort a lot of these are enw to me... can't wait to try them... green fried tomato sandwhich may become my new fav.

my recomends...

Paradise Grill! - (anything on their menu)
    Jolly Holiday - Angus Beef on Toasted Onion Whatever... mmmm
    Cozy Cone - Pretzel Bites... best thing in the cars land and soo far.. and the shortest line.
    French Market - Jambalya or Salmon
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Try the honey-lemon cupcake at the Hungry Bear in Critter Country. Delicious.

• Workin to live,lovin life

I'm preaching to the choir, but the Jazz Kitchen is my favorite Downtown Disney restaurant. But inside Disney, for a "quick" bite, I like Pizza Port or Hungry Bear. But the sit down restaurants like Napa Rose, Wine Country, and Blue Bayou are all must try's at least once! I have yet to try Carthay Circle!

• Boise Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Grin Without a Cat View Post
    Try the honey-lemon cupcake at the Hungry Bear in Critter Country. Delicious.
    DANG! We saw this but didn't try it! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast