View Poll Results: What Type Of An Avengers Ride Would You Like To See At Disneyland?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • A ride based on Uni's Spiderderman IOA) and Transformers USH)

2 4.88%
  • Ride based on Uni's Forbidden Journey at Wizarding World

3 7.32%
  • Ride based on Uni's Spiderman, Transformers and Forbidden Journey

5 12.20%
  • Ride based on Uni's Cat In The Hat

0 0%
  • Completely unique ride based on nothing

14 34.15%
  • A super hero ride at Disneyland would be super goofy

9 21.95%
  • Something else

11 26.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: The Avengers: Super Heroes In Motion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I have said it many times in other threads but they need to be in a different park. Something like IOA in Orlando would be needed. That layout is pretty decent. only it would be Disney properties. My wish list includes marvel there and Halloweentown. Carsland would have fit in my park also but too late for that
    Why? Because it was such a big hit without Potter?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    I would prefer a ride based on Avengers if it were to be an Avengers ride!
    That's one positive stipulation, YoungImagineer. An Avengers ride it shall be!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    My vote is to keep Marvel characters completely out of Disney's domestic theme parks.

3rd gate only.
    Does this mean that you are against any domestic themepark attraction, unless it is a part of a third gate? I am certainly among those in heavy anticipation of a third gate for DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

Originally Posted by Capt Hook
    I got an Idea how about not adding anything of Avengers or Marvel in Disneyland. Marvel doesn't belong in a Disney bizness I do not sopost Disney buying Marvel I think it was a big mistake. Let Lego Land or Knotts Berry Farm have it. I wish Disney well sale the licensens to someone else.

Ya, that roughly 1.5 billion that the Avengers has pulled in shows exactly what a bad business decision buying Marvel was...
    That's the enterprising spirit, calsig. Nothing makes more $en$e than an attraction based on a movie that has a quality story/charaters/effects that attract popularity and profits that won't quit.

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    i embrace marvel just as much as i did with indy and star wars. looking forward to it
    Indeed. Marvel represents a genra just a fresh and exciting as Star Tours and Indiana Jones when they first appeard at the park.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    To be fair....we all know a park like that in CA would have done 10 times better here....I know I would have an AP and so would MANY others...to be honest its just as good as DCA if not better

• Iron-Clad Allie

Originally Posted by biggsworth
    I have said it many times in other threads but they need to be in a different park. Something like IOA in Orlando would be needed. That layout is pretty decent. only it would be Disney properties. My wish list includes marvel there and Halloweentown. Carsland would have fit in my park also but too late for that

Well put Uncle Bob.

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    To be fair....we all know a park like that in CA would have done 10 times better here....I know I would have an AP and so would MANY others...to be honest its just as good as DCA if not better
    I for one anxiously awate USH's Potterland. But, I think Bob is steering us right with his comments as to the unique brand of awesomeness that Cars Land revs up and exudes.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Well actually I enjoyed it before Harry potter a lot. Now it's even better, but that's not what I said at all in my post. I just like the layout and didn't say it was better than a Disney park. A Disney version here would pretty much be awesome. DCA is a horrible layout let's be honest. Traversing it is awkward and reminds me of a Tetris piece.

I'm all for any Marvel attraction...but I'm really hoping for some kind of meet and greet...especially if Thor is involved...yummy. lol
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

I'm all for an Avengers Dark Ride in the DLR, specifically in TL. But.....if WDI had to choose between Tron and the Avengers, I would have to opt into having a Tron Dark Ride rather than an Avengers Dark Ride. Tron would fit more towards the TL theme, and honestly.......who would go against having those awesome LightCycles for a ride vehicle??? :P

I'm of the opinion that Marvel does not belong in Magic Kingdom style parks.It just doesn't fit the magic of Disneyland at all. A majority of Marvel characters received their powers through mishaps (or accomplishments) in science, and Disneyland just isn't the right place for them

Marvel wouldn't fit in DCA because it just doesn't match any of the themed areas of the park.

Ideally, Marvel would be in Gate 3 (should it ever be constructed). Make a New York Land, and have any Marvel based attractions there.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Well actually I enjoyed it before Harry potter a lot. Now it's even better, but that's not what I said at all in my post. I just like the layout and didn't say it was better than a Disney park. A Disney version here would pretty much be awesome. DCA is a horrible layout let's be honest. Traversing it is awkward and reminds me of a Tetris piece.
    The design of DCA could not have been in worst hands when Eisner, Pressler and Rasulo were in charge. Phase 1 of the design overhaul has the park looking 100% better. The changes to come will have the entire park layout looking completely new and awesome.

An Avengers adaptation of Forbidden Journey technology would result in a ride that is every bit as good if not better. Plus, I think the actors and their super hero characters are amuch better.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios77 View Post
    I'm all for any Marvel attraction...but I'm really hoping for some kind of meet and greet...especially if Thor is involved...yummy. lol
    Thor swings a mean hammer. Wouldn't it be cool if Chris hemsworth himself showed up at the meet and greet in full xostume.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
    I'm all for an Avengers Dark Ride in the DLR, specifically in TL. But.....if WDI had to choose between Tron and the Avengers, I would have to opt into having a Tron Dark Ride rather than an Avengers Dark Ride. Tron would fit more towards the TL theme, and honestly.......who would go against having those awesome LightCycles for a ride vehicle??? :P
    I'm hoping TL will be blessed with rides based on each of the franchises. TRON is more in line with traditional sci-fi. Avengers is non-traditional sci-fi, but it would be much more of a popular draw.

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinMatt View Post
    I'm of the opinion that Marvel does not belong in Magic Kingdom style parks.It just doesn't fit the magic of Disneyland at all. A majority of Marvel characters received their powers through mishaps (or accomplishments) in science, and Disneyland just isn't the right place for them

Marvel wouldn't fit in DCA because it just doesn't match any of the themed areas of the park.

Ideally, Marvel would be in Gate 3 (should it ever be constructed). Make a New York Land, and have any Marvel based attractions there.
    The beauty of Tomorrowland is that each of it's movie based attractions are highly popular and completely different sub genras in the land. Star Tours is actually set in the past. Buzz Lightyear is based on futuristic toys of today. Once private commercial companies begin taking passengers on flights in space (in the relatively near future, even Space Mountain will become an extension of the present. It cannot be proven that super heroes will not exist in the future - this is simply another present day sci-fi genra that could become science reality in some form in the future.

Hmmm... personally I have given a Superhero themed ride a longggg think before this Thread and I can say that if it's going to be done, it has to be done WELL. It's kind of hard to do one, but if you could I'd embrace it. Not only am I a Marvel sucker, but I love DC as well.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpeeder View Post
    Hmmm... personally I have given a Superhero themed ride a longggg think before this Thread and I can say that if it's going to be done, it has to be done WELL. It's kind of hard to do one, but if you could I'd embrace it. Not only am I a Marvel sucker, but I love DC as well.
    I to am crazy about both Marvel and DC related comics, movies and telvision shows. A Disney Avengers ride would indeed need to be accomplished extremely well. Based on the fact that Disney has alread began to imake even higher investment in an Avengers' sequel, which is sure to raise the bar on high tech special effects production, and on super hero/sci fi genra storyline. Any Tomorrowland ride ndertaking would likely be breathtaking and mind blowing.

I would love to see a Marvel attraction or area and it has to have thrills.

A third gate would also be great i still think they should call the third gate Disney myth and Legends theme park. then they could add Marvel land along with some of the other brand that do not quite fit within Disneyland or DCA

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I would love to see a Marvel attraction or area and it has to have thrills.

A third gate would also be great i still think they should call the third gate Disney myth and Legends theme park. then they could add Marvel land along with some of the other brand that do not quite fit within Disneyland or DCA
    Disney Myth and Legends has an exciting yet elegant sound to it tht would be apropos to the variety of themed sttractions Disney is famous for. As for DLR's muh contemplated and talked about third theme park, I think it's not a matter of "if", but, "when" - and not "distant" but "soon".

I think it inevitable that any Marvel attraction would be heavy on the thrills element; even it's queue would likely be a genuine adrenaline rush!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12