View Poll Results: What Type Of An Avengers Ride Would You Like To See At Disneyland?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • A ride based on Uni's Spiderderman IOA) and Transformers USH)

2 4.88%
  • Ride based on Uni's Forbidden Journey at Wizarding World

3 7.32%
  • Ride based on Uni's Spiderman, Transformers and Forbidden Journey

5 12.20%
  • Ride based on Uni's Cat In The Hat

0 0%
  • Completely unique ride based on nothing

14 34.15%
  • A super hero ride at Disneyland would be super goofy

9 21.95%
  • Something else

11 26.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Avengers: Super Heroes In Motion

Due to the phenomenal popularity of Disney's Avengers flick (it's slammin' profits, and super sequel in evelopment), I think it highly likely that Disney will work past any current contract disputes between it and universal over liscencing. I think suits and Imagineering creatives alike can't help but be dreaming about the prospect of creating a mega e-ticket based on it's runaway hit.

It wouldn't surprise me if WDC is contemplating creating a mega e-ticket that would utilize similar technologies as that used in Universal Studios' Spiderman, Transformers and Forbidden Journey rides. I'm thinking that suvh a ride would be a great addition to Tomorrowland.

As super heroes utilize fantastic powers that some (such as me) consider futuristic in nature, it would be a good addition. I'm thinking that it could replace both Captain EO/HISTA and what used to be the buildng containg the queue to Astro Orbitors. (which includes the former Circle-Vision theater) The ride could travel between the buildings (rebuilt buildinhs) underground and/or overhead.

What type of a ride genra/technology might you like to see? Please see poll.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• -

Re: The Avengers: Super Heroes In Motion

If it is going to be something on that big of a scale, I would like to see an epic dark ride on the scale of Pirates showing the history of the team. They could start with the founding of the team by Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, the Wasp, and Hulk. Then move on to finding Captain America frozen in ice. The finale could be one of their classic storylines like the creation of Ultron. Each moment of history would be retold through stae-of-the-art animatronics.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If it is going to be something on that big of a scale, I would like to see an epic dark ride on the scale of Pirates showing the history of the team. They could start with the founding of the team by Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man, the Wasp, and Hulk. Then move on to finding Captain America frozen in ice. The finale could be one of their classic storylines like the creation of Ultron. Each moment of history would be retold through stae-of-the-art animatronics.
    This sounds like a fun idea! When I saw the Avengers film with my friend and his family, his young son recognized Chris Evans from his previous Captain America film right away. His recognition of the characters histery made the current film much more meaningful to him.

Any ride would be based off the film properties, not the comics. As such, they would not include characters not yet seen on film (Ant-Man, Wasp, Ultron). Interesting idea, and it could still work but it would have to follow the films.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Any ride would be based off the film properties, not the comics. As such, they would not include characters not yet seen on film (Ant-Man, Wasp, Ultron). Interesting idea, and it could still work but it would have to follow the films.
    It wouldn't have to follow the films. Disney owns more than just the film rights. These are all Disney characters and they also have a successful Avengers cartoon that includes other characters not in the film. They could use any version of the characters that they want. Whether they will or not is another matter. To do the property justice, they should go to the source material.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    I like Disney's current formula of familiarizing the public with major characters by having them star in their own film(s) first.

It wouldn't have to follow the films. Disney owns more than just the film rights. These are all Disney characters and they also have a successful Avengers cartoon that includes other characters not in the film. They could use any version of the characters that they want. Whether they will or not is another matter. To do the property justice, they should go to the source material.
    True. Disney can add new heroes to the next Avengers film in what ever fashion it chooses. However, I think it has demonstrated that it prefers a proving ground to get an idea of their commercial potential in essentially human interaction, live-action films. Your idea of an epic dark ride comparable to Pirates is quite exciting.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I want to see a ride based...kinda off the films but allow characters like Spiderman..Antman...Black Panther etc to be able to be in the ride (or added later)

I think they would need at least Downy Jr as Ironman to REALLY gain interest while the rest of the crew would be nice....they are not as big as his character and could get other actors to play them...if price becomes an issue

I really...really hope a ride based off the first movie is not made because they are still missing many Big members of the group

• Senior Minion

I'd like to see them add an Avenger's attraction, but I don't think that the location you suggest makes any sense. I expect it to use most of the Innovations and Autopia space.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I want to see a ride based...kinda off the films but allow characters like Spiderman..Antman...Black Panther etc to be able to be in the ride (or added later)

I think they would need at least Downy Jr as Ironman to REALLY gain interest while the rest of the crew would be nice....they are not as big as his character and could get other actors to play them...if price becomes an issue

I really...really hope a ride based off the first movie is not made because they are still missing many Big members of the group
    As intensly exciting as the first film is, one with more big characters would pack even more of a punch. Tat said, I do not se the actors that play Capn America, Thor and Hulk as beingeasily replaced. I am definately down with Downy as being one of he finest and most likeable actors of the day. Spiderman, Antman and Black Panther would be great additions to the next Avengers film. One would hope that Disney would introduce them each in a film prior to that.

I have an idea that perhaps an Avengers ride that featues different super hero characters each time would make each adventure more unique. Onee would be kept on edge never knowing wha to expect in terms of good guys/gals and villains.

---------- Post added 06-21-2012 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'd like to see them add an Avenger's attraction, but I don't think that the location you suggest makes any sense. I expect it to use most of the Innovations and Autopia space.
    The Innoventions and Autopia apace would yield plenty of area for the attraction. I would celebrate Innoventios demise, and would miss the Autopia bumper cars much.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2012 at 08:13 PM.

• Ryan

I would prefer a ride based on Avengers if it were to be an Avengers ride!

• Hide and Seek with Anna

I got an Idea how about not adding anything of Avengers or Marvel in Disneyland. Marvel doesn't belong in a Disney bizness I do not sopost Disney buying Marvel I think it was a big mistake. Let Lego Land or Knotts Berry Farm have it. I wish Disney well sale the licensens to someone else.

i embrace marvel just as much as i did with indy and star wars. looking forward to it

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I got an Idea how about not adding anything of Avengers or Marvel in Disneyland. Marvel doesn't belong in a Disney bizness I do not sopost Disney buying Marvel I think it was a big mistake. Let Lego Land or Knotts Berry Farm have it. I wish Disney well sale the licensens to someone else.
    Ya, that roughly 1.5 billion that the Avengers has pulled in shows exactly what a bad business decision buying Marvel was...

• Senior Minion

My vote is to keep Marvel characters completely out of Disney's domestic theme parks.

3rd gate only.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

I have said it many times in other threads but they need to be in a different park. Something like IOA in Orlando would be needed. That layout is pretty decent. only it would be Disney properties. My wish list includes marvel there and Halloweentown. Carsland would have fit in my park also but too late for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast