Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60
  1. #16

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Racers is great and all.....but

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

    1) The line is just too long for how short the ride...simple enough I just will not be going on it much until the lines go down but even FP does not help much since it runs out by 10 AM everyday and Single rider is a 45 min wait all day

    2) The ending is not thrilling enough....I just thought it would go...well faster and be longer

    3) Capacity...not sure why they could not get at least 8 people on the cars just seems like they could of but did not want to spend the extra cash


    Overall for a 30 min wait I'm sure its great but for me....the amount of people making the lines go 2 hours RIGHT after park opening turns me off from this ride....though I think the attention to detail is great, the animatronics are more then life like and I really did enjoy the dark ride section a lot....I feel like for me anyway it's just not worth these wait times and will only be going on it during the off season until it cools down
    Its not so much the absolute speed your going, but the acceleration. If I fly out to Disneyland in an airplane going 500 mph, I don't exactly call it an E-Ticket. It's the angular momentum and acceleration you get from going around turns and speeding up quickly which makes a ride "thrilling."

    I think I"ll be okay with RSR acceleration profile as Test Track in Epcot goes really, really fast, really quickly, at least for somebody who doesn't ride the big coasters in parks known for their thrills. They couldn't make RSR too fast as Test Track is sort of for a bit older audience, were as RSR is supposed to be more inclusive for the whole family.

    I do agree that they could have made the ride longer and, IMHO, given the dark ride part more scenes. RSR has a tough job as it is judged as both a thrill ride and a dark ride.

    BUT I give RSR credit for being much more than comparable E-Tickets such as BTMR. BTMR has a lot of those banked curves and dips and such, but there is no dark ride part. There is an overall theme, but I don't really associate any specific characters with BTMR, except maybe the dynamite goat. RSR is better, IMHO, as you get the feeling that you're really in Radiator Springs. I would love to have more dark ride scenes as I love Radiator Springs, but I love what is there.

    Maybe we're all spoiled by Pirates with its 14 minute ride time.

    I remember waiting 3 hours for Indy shortly after it opened, the line stretched all over into Frontierland, and much further when it first opened. I wouldn't wait three hours for Indy now, or even more than 30 minutes, though it is still a great ride I appreciate a little more with each visit. Radiator Springs will be a similar ride, like Indy, we will know all the ins and outs, and most of the fun will be soaking up the feel of Radiator Springs.

    Also, I heard that RSR is better night, probably because you get the feeling that you might fly off the road and hit a boulder.

    I also think that they should have extended the track of RSR to include an section which goes around the town (but obviously not down the main street where the guests are). Maybe the track will be extended in the future, there is a little bit of room back there.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 06-21-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  2. #17

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,673

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    It feels much faster than the videos plus, each ride has a different acceleration profile. On the couple of times I've been on, the racing portion has been different...the first time being very fun (we lost this race) and the next two much faster with more acceleration (one race we won, the other we lost). The banked turns actually give a nice amount of thrill as well as the last drop. The other camel hills are just pure fun. Idk, with me I just got so into the ride and the race I had a great. Hollering, putting my arms in there, looking at the people racing next to us, cheering....so much fun! Definitely my favorite attraction at the resort.

  3. #18

    •   
    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,640

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    one thing I noticed the right side always won on my races. is that what everyone is finding? I was on the right side 3 times and won. I was on the left side once and lost.

  4. #19

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,372

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    one thing I noticed the right side always won on my races. is that what everyone is finding? I was on the right side 3 times and won. I was on the left side once and lost.

    I've won from the left before so it does happen. It's entirely random.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  5. #20

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Bay Area
    Posts
    504

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    Yeah there is an on ride interview on Inside the Magic with Radiator Springs Racers creative director Imagineer Tom Morris and he explains that an on ride computer uses an algorithmic process to determine a semi random, which i think means there is some type of pattern, but there are at least several different acceleration patters that cause a random winner. Check out the interview it is interesting!

  6. #21

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,956
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Racers is great and all.....but

    Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Its not so much the absolute speed your going, but the acceleration. If I fly out to Disneyland in an airplane going 500 mph, I don't exactly call it an E-Ticket. It's the angular momentum and acceleration you get from going around turns and speeding up quickly which makes a ride "thrilling."

    I think I"ll be okay with RSR acceleration profile as Test Track in Epcot goes really, really fast, really quickly, at least for somebody who doesn't ride the big coasters in parks known for their thrills. They couldn't make RSR too fast as Test Track is sort of for a bit older audience, were as RSR is supposed to be more inclusive for the whole family.

    I do agree that they could have made the ride longer and, IMHO, given the dark ride part more scenes. RSR has a tough job as it is judged as both a thrill ride and a dark ride.

    BUT I give RSR credit for being much more than comparable E-Tickets such as BTMR. BTMR has a lot of those banked curves and dips and such, but there is no dark ride part. There is an overall theme, but I don't really associate any specific characters with BTMR, except maybe the dynamite goat. RSR is better, IMHO, as you get the feeling that you're really in Radiator Springs. I would love to have more dark ride scenes as I love Radiator Springs, but I love what is there.

    Maybe we're all spoiled by Pirates with its 14 minute ride time.

    I remember waiting 3 hours for Indy shortly after it opened, the line stretched all over into Frontierland, and much further when it first opened. I wouldn't wait three hours for Indy now, or even more than 30 minutes, though it is still a great ride I appreciate a little more with each visit. Radiator Springs will be a similar ride, like Indy, we will know all the ins and outs, and most of the fun will be soaking up the feel of Radiator Springs.

    Also, I heard that RSR is better night, probably because you get the feeling that you might fly off the road and hit a boulder.

    I also think that they should have extended the track of RSR to include an section which goes around the town (but obviously not down the main street where the guests are). Maybe the track will be extended in the future, there is a little bit of room back there.
    Yes but I think most people consider Space a Family ride.....and heck isn't Test Track? And those rides "feel" faster and give you more moments when you can really feel the speed, I think the vehicles could be the problem here since they can't get as fast as quickly as other rides meaning they put more space towards just getting yout to go fast for like a sec..then slow it down

    It's not a bad ride...just less then I expected when you hear "best" ride at the resort, I'd say its the most Detailed for sure but I like Soarnin and Toy Story just as much right now...we'll see if it grows on me more..once the lines become manageable

  7. #22

    • Still Dizzy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    533

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    It definitely has some speed and you can feel it.

    This is my families (my two kids in the front, and me & the bf in the back and two random single riders) pic from our first time riding it. You can see my hair flying back, the girl in the front's hair is flying and everyone in the car has a huge grin on their face. The race is thrilling, I wish it was longer though.

    Name:  IMAG0957.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  166.9 KB

  8. #23

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,760

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    The dark ride portion could use a few more show scenes but other than that I really enjoyed the ride. Though I won't be riding it too much if the wait continues to be ridiculus throughout the summer.

  9. #24

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,372

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    I guess I'm among the few that really had no complaints at all. I thought it was so well done.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    It's fantastic, I just love the racing portion. It makes me so happy that I was willing to wait 45 minutes in single rider five different times today. Just FYI, I despise waiting in lines by myself and will do anything to avoid it... so you can tell I really love this thing.

    If there's one very minor drawback, I'd say that there should've been a scene between the tractor tipping and entering Radiator Springs. It feels very fast and sudden, as if the pacing wanted there to be some sort of transitional scene but decided, "eh screw it let's get down to business".

  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    374

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    My only real complaint about the ride is that it can be difficult to see through the windshield.

  12. #27

    • Certified in everything
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I'll never tell!
    Posts
    548

    Re: Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

    Let me first say that I loved this ride!

    However, since we are on the subject, I have a few peeves. First, the audio didn't seem right and was almost inaudible at times. The audio is so loud and there is often so much going on that I couldn't understand the dialogue, especially in the final scene with Mater and Lightning where the echo in the cave made it incredibly hard to hear.

    My other peeve is that when you meet the Sheriff, you can clearly see (and hear, which is the my least favorite aspect) Mater talking to the car in front of you, which sort of killed the illusion for me that he was rolling around to talk to my car... seems some clever placement of bushes in the future could fix this or an adjustment of the dispatch time...

    I found the race was actually pretty thrilling, but maybe that is because I was expecting less after reading on here. I will say that it was MUCH more thrilling that Test Track for me... going 60 mph in a straight lie doesn't do it for me.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

    "You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

  13. #28

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Radiator Spring Racers, MY PEEVES.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    There are times when the projection looks great and times when it doesn't. I'm not completely sold on it and think it could be improved. It's weird because the samples they had at D23 seemed more convincing than the finished product.

    Some captures I took from D23 Expo











    From the Ride









    As for the time line, it's all jacked up. There's another thread about the yellow blinking light that should have been fixed.
    As for the pictures,

    I do agree it looks better from D23. I think the problem is that it looks more like from the movie in the pictures of D23 and from the ride, his mouth is all lit up, which gives a reflection and just makes it look fake. I mean, why is his mouth all shiny?

  14. #29

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.
    Posts
    458

    Re: Racers is great and all.....but

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^it might be faster yes....but does not feel faster then any of the coasters...at least to me
    It doesn't need to feel faster than the coasters. Its a perfect speed. The hills, tunnel, sharped bank turn along with the race factor make this much more enjoyable then Test Track which can hit 65 MPH.

    FYI both the total ride length and outside portion are about the same time length as Test Track. Its just better themed inside, and more fun outside. All in all an improvement over Test Track in every way.

    And yes, before you ask, I"ve ridden Test Track at least 10 times because its a fun ride at Epcot.

    The comments about the audio I have to agree. It is difficult to hear some of the things being spoken. Funny but rode HM yesterday and it seemed the audio was much improved. Everything very clear. Lets hope they can mod the sound system and crank it up a bit for the speaking parts.

  15. #30

    • Certified in everything
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    I'll never tell!
    Posts
    548

    Re: Racers is great and all.....but

    To the point about the projected mouths... I'm not seeing the real problem with it I guess, I actually think it is quite a convincing effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    The comments about the audio I have to agree. It is difficult to hear some of the things being spoken. Funny but rode HM yesterday and it seemed the audio was much improved. Everything very clear. Lets hope they can mod the sound system and crank it up a bit for the speaking parts.
    I'm not sure its the volume as much as it is the acoustics of the show building. Everything seems to bounce off the walls in there creating a very muddled finished sound.

    I think they need to find a way to have the cars voices play from the in-car speakers at the same time as they do in the show scenes... maybe using a Nemo-type sound system to have it fad in and out as the cars pass, this would reduce noise in the show building and increase riders ability to hear.

    I understand the argument against this as directional sound tends to sound more like the voice is actually coming from the car/character, but the fact is the sound system right no isn't working.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

    "You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Indoor/Outdoor Peak At Radiator Springs Racers, With You In the Drivers Seat
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 01:30 AM
  2. [News] An Official Disney New Look Behind The Wall At Radiator Springs Racers
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •