Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red Face Radiator Springs Racers - the negatives

RSR is a great ride but theres two things that bug me about the ride at the moment.
    One, the full AA figures are really impressive. But what really drives me nuts is Lighting, Lugi, and Sally who's faces are just projected on, instead of the full face, like Mater. You can clearly tell the difference from the two which from my point of view, is just a little part that takes away from the believe-ablity of the ride..But just my thought.
    And number 2, Imagineers and Disney claim this Cars Land is set right in the middle of the two movies. But if you pay attention and close enough on RSR, Lighting is supporting an ALLINOL fuel sticker on his car(which was from the second film), and Doc makes a Cameo in the ride, even though in the second film he has passed. That being said, who was at fault with this little problem?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: Radiator Spring Racers, MY PEEVES.

like the new star tours, i stopped paying attention to timelines

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

The continuity works perfectly well if it takes place between the 2 movies.

All it means is that ALLINOL was on the market for a while (and not doing very well) before the Grand Prix is created to promote it.

No reason Doc couldn't have been around at the same time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    like the new star tours, i stopped paying attention to timelines

yeah Star Tours is way more enjoyable if you ignore the timeline and are a huge Star Wars nerd. That's how I treat all of the attractions. Not sure why they feel the need to explain a time period on the attractions. I couldn't even tell you when Space mountain is supposed to take place but I love it. Same goes with many many others.

• Parking Lot > DCA

The projection thing bothered me a little bit too, not enough to ruin anything but it was more a "That looks strange" deal. Especially the last scene with Mater and Lightning. I actually overheard people talking about it in the exit after the ride as well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There are times when the projection looks great and times when it doesn't. I'm not completely sold on it and think it could be improved. It's weird because the samples they had at D23 seemed more convincing than the finished product.

Some captures I took from D23 Expo

From the Ride

As for the time line, it's all jacked up. There's another thread about the yellow blinking light that should have been fixed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I agree with those points.
    My peeves are Radiator Springs is already represented when you walk in Carsland, yet, you enter the mountain range and you're there again. And I'm sure the fact that we just entered into a mountain range to go to an outside city speaks for itself...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Racers is great and all.....but

(NOTE: This is opinion only...not nite picking or being negative just my thoughts)

The ride is fun and I'm sure I will grow to like it more as time goes one but after riding it....I have a few things I really can't get past

1) The line is just too long for how short the ride...simple enough I just will not be going on it much until the lines go down but even FP does not help much since it runs out by 10 AM everyday and Single rider is a 45 min wait all day

2) The ending is not thrilling enough....I just thought it would go...well faster and be longer

3) Capacity...not sure why they could not get at least 8 people on the cars just seems like they could of but did not want to spend the extra cash

Overall for a 30 min wait I'm sure its great but for me....the amount of people making the lines go 2 hours RIGHT after park opening turns me off from this ride....though I think the attention to detail is great, the animatronics are more then life like and I really did enjoy the dark ride section a lot....I feel like for me anyway it's just not worth these wait times and will only be going on it during the off season until it cools down

• Not here to help

Re: Racers is great and all.....but

I will not be able to go on the ride until next year... but from what I have seen... it looks very slow. People were comparing it to DisneySEA´s Journey To The Center Of The Earth but that ride feels and is fast. One gets some good airtime on it.
    Is the Racers ride really as slow as it looks? If it is I have to say that the ride really sucks without having even been on it. What´s more boring than a slow car?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Feels slower then any of the coasters that for sure....its goes at an ok speed but no real air time on the bumps...or any types of real G's you feel...The Dark ride part is nice...I just thought it would have a...faster ending

•   
    • Minion

I don't know it feels pretty fast to me. It is faster than indy, matterhorn, space mountain ( SM does feel faster than Rsr) and BTMRR. also that second hill near the end can make you feel a good sense of a drop. For me I think the line will even out to the Indy line. in 95 when Indy opened it was a 3 hour wait for 6 months consistently and without FP or single rider it was horrid.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^it might be faster yes....but does not feel faster then any of the coasters...at least to me

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^it might be faster yes....but does not feel faster then any of the coasters...at least to me

off topic but Matterhorn felt incredibly slow to me with the new sleds especially the FL side. I do agree with you on the length on RsR I would love it to have been longer given the size of the area it takes.

To me it felt faster than the videos appeared, I enjoyed it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

We can't fault a ride for the line being out of control. I think Racers is a more enjoyable ride with that wait than Luigi's Flying Tires with a 90 minute line.

Oh and... do you mind if I combine this thread with the other "Racers Peeves" thread? I'm gonna do it anyway but thought I ask.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast