Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Re: The Future of Tower of Terror?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    They changed the design. Some will tell you due to the footprint, some will say it was just cheap, some will say its was to be more efficient. What you do know is they never built another like WDW - and the others are all like DCA.

The WDW one has two different shafts the cars go into. So there is a scene called 'The Fifth Dimension' where the elevator literally drives out of the one shaft, across a room, and into the second shaft where the actual drops happen. WDW has a different effect than the Mirror scene in DCA. WDW also has a random drop patterns, where DCA has a set of fixed patterns. WDW also has much more extensive gardens and exterior before you enter the building as the building is set back away from the street.
    The Fifth Dimension scene is the weakest part of WDW's ride. It actually takes you out of the story as you can see the tracks that you move on. I liked it the first time to check out some of the Twilight Zone items, but beyond that I'm not a fan. Much prefer the mirror effect.

From reading the responses here, it looks like most people disagree with the premise of this thread and like TOT just the way it is. I think making the theater nicer would do more for this ride and area then anything else.

I wouldn't mind a talking Tina doll blinking its eyes once in a while. Just enough to make the hairs stand up on your neck.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    The Fifth Dimension scene is the weakest part of WDW's ride. It actually takes you out of the story as you can see the tracks that you move on.
    You don't move on tracks. What you may have noticed was the wear in the floor from the wheels. The fact you don't move on tracks at all (it's a guided self-propelled system) is one of the major technologies introduced in the ride.

Some like it - some don't. I think it's awesome because you got in an elevator.. and all of a sudden this elevator is going sideways - something you entirely don't expect. So it puts people off guard.. so when the real drop sequence starts.. they are even more unprepared.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    They changed the design. Some will tell you due to the footprint, some will say it was just cheap, some will say its was to be more efficient. What you do know is they never built another like WDW - and the others are all like DCA.

The WDW one has two different shafts the cars go into. So there is a scene called 'The Fifth Dimension' where the elevator literally drives out of the one shaft, across a room, and into the second shaft where the actual drops happen. WDW has a different effect than the Mirror scene in DCA. WDW also has a random drop patterns, where DCA has a set of fixed patterns. WDW also has much more extensive gardens and exterior before you enter the building as the building is set back away from the street.
    Aahh okay.

I think that (the part in bold) is what hear a lot of people saying that is one of the major things they like in WDW's ToT than DCA's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345