Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• some assembly required

Re: Ok So What Do You All Think Is Going To Happen With The Matterhorns Bobsleds?

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Uh, yeah, there aren't any bobsleds in the Matterhorn film. And the new bobsleds look very similar to the old ones, except they appear to be a form of chinese water torture. If enough guests complain, they can easily fabricate new sleds and switch them with the new ones in the middle of the night and do some testing.
    Yes there are. They appear in the opening sequence of winter sports (a montage).
    ...if not more than that.

You can hope that the new sleds get swaped out "in the middle of the night", but there is a certain aesthetic that needs to be there based on the movie.
    Last edited by JMazz; 06-22-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Re: Ok So What Do You All Think Is Going To Happen With The Matterhorns Bobsleds?

Has anyone here actually gone to City Hall and made an official complaint regarding the new bobsleds? I really don't think we're going to see any major changes to these new bobsleds anytime soon, unless this issue were to make headline news due to some unfortunate injury. I'm pretty sure that these recent modifications were already quite expensive and the sleds would probably have to be stretched in order to accommodate the talker folks, which would probably throw off the whole ride system. I just don't understand why they wouldn't at the very least add some padding to the seats, unless Disney is already concerned that it would take up even more precious space/room for the passengers. There must be some logical explanation for this. I just don't see Disney deliberately trying to make this ride even more uncomfortable for everyone. I also don't buy the whole movie-tie-in thing. They could have just repainted the old sleds to match the movie if that were the case. When I look at the new videos online, the passengers just look very awkward with their knees pressing up against their chest.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's not the height that's the biggest problem, it's a really rough ride and the seats are not padded at all. For a man the pain is just.......nuts.
    You're assumption that the pain is just ........nuts, is all wrong.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    You're assumption that the pain is just ........nuts, is all wrong.
    Don't worry pal, this situation is in the bag.

• Disneyland Man

It isn't just cramped, also there seems be NO seat, but sitting on the floor of the sled instead; with nowhere for knees to go except up into your face. The pleather bucket seat is now a hollow plastic space. The Matterhorn ride is rougher than ever after its rebuild. Gave me a sore neck. And what is with the line configuration? Single Rider is a HUGE plus....but not if it hurts to ride.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

Sad to say I will not be riding the Bobsleds again. At 6'3" and 70 plus years I folded myself into the new sleds for the first and last time. Getting in was tough, getting out was even worse. Did not see any difference in ride, very hard and sharp. Slightly improved Yeti.

Somehow I feel OSHA was involved in the change. Sad day.

Just order the rockets from WDW Space Mountain, paint them different colors and call it a day. They have padding, more room for bigger/taller people and will work on the Matterhorn track. I don't understand why that wasn't done all along anyways.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I sat in the back of a sled and the foot cubbies make it a little more comfortable. However, the back of the seat in front of you (where your knees rest) needs to be padded. My knees hurt a little after from being slammed into it the whole time.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I sat in the back of a sled and the foot cubbies make it a little more comfortable. However, the back of the seat in front of you (where your knees rest) needs to be padded. My knees hurt a little after from being slammed into it the whole time.
    This and my tailbone was a bit sore. I was in the back seat and it was rough. Padding being added would help a lot.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Don't worry pal, this situation is in the bag.
    You know, I tried to get the word Assumption by the auto-censor a different way butt no go....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Certified in everything

I'm 6'1", sat in the middle seat with no problems, I think I enjoyed the ride more and had a smoother and more comfortable ride than before the overhaul.

I know I am in the minority on this site, but I really felt like I used to get slammed around in the old cars and didn't feel it here. I think the new sleds/seats are an improvement. I will say that the position of the hand holds are TERRIBLE. They ned to be moved forward. This is one thing the old bobsleds had down perfectly, those bars were in just the right place.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

I posted this yesterday in the "Mastering the Matterhorn" thread, but the solution I found when I had to sit in Row 1 was to cross my legs in front of me.

Also helped with certain parts of the, uh, male anatomy bouncing around that others in this thread seem to be experiencing.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    At the midpoint of the queue, they will sell authentic Disneyland Park® Matterhorn Bobsleds® seat cushions for $29.95 plus tax.
    I think you are being too conservative in your price estimation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MaliBOOMer

Assuming they are the same as the ones on Space Mountain in Orlando the leg room is not an issue as long as you don't sit in the front. They have space on the sides of the seats in front of you for your legs. I am 5' 11" and only had problems with rows 1 and 4.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    the solution I found when I had to sit in Row 1 was to cross my legs in front of me.
    I find that's the most comfortable way (for my 6'5" frame, anyway) to ride Space Mountain. Looks like the new sleds on the 'Horn will be the same...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast