View Poll Results: Which do you like better: Indiana Jones Adventure or Radiator Springs Racers?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indy

19 50.00%
  • RSR

19 50.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Please pull the yellowtab

re: RSR vs. Indiana Jones - Merged

Indy is a great thrill ride. But RSR wins hands down! RSR is dark ride with a lot of heart -- that just happens to have a short period of speed.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Indiana Jones because of its innovative ride system, adult theme, immersive queue, breathtaking effects, and unique story. You could also give the attraction bonus points because of its age and ability to continue being compared to the latest tech (which is being done in this thread); just imagine if they built it today and was in flawless condition? What will be a fair comparison is how RSR holds up when it reaches 17 years old, somehow I doubt Cars will have the same strength/following as Star Wars or Indiana Jones down the line.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012 at 12:14 AM.

• Minion

Right now, I'd probably say RSR. The animatronics are better and the story momentum of it is better than Indy. It's a very close race between the two, however.

• Senior Minion

It's a close choice, but I think I'd still go with Indy. RSR is very good, but I just find Indy more compelling and exciting and a more interesting theme in general. The thrill factor from the ride systems themselves are similar, but the thrill of the indoor scenes are much more intense on Indy. I think the close to crashes in RSR pale in comparison to the bolder scene of Indy. You don't even get close enough to Mack to actually think you're going to crash into him. I like Cars, but I didn't have nearly the emotional reaction to the ride that others have described.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I am not a Krusty Krab

but the queue alone in RSR is amazing in so many different ways!!!!!!! same for Indy though

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    but the queue alone in RSR is amazing in so many different ways!!!!!!! same for Indy though
    I don't find anything really detailed or interactive in the queue for RSR. It is pretty plain except for the surrounding rock formations and fountain. Honestly Roger Rabbit, interior Space Mountain, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours, TOT, and Haunted Mansion have better queues.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012 at 01:12 AM.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I don't find anything really detailed or interactive in the queue for RSR. It is pretty plain except for the surrounding rock formations and fountain. Honestly Roger Rabbit, interior Space Mountain, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours, TOT, and Haunted Mansion have better queues.
    i was referring to the rocks

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

i was referring to the rocks
    The rock formations are indeed impressive but in my opinion don't convey a great queue, there has to be variety. In Big Thunder for instance they have other items besides the rock formations to get your attention such as the town of rainbow ridge, numerous props, and large water fixtures. In Indy they have elements such as the falling ceiling, rope pulling, artwork, story, and even a fake language embedded in the walls. Every one of the queues I mentioned previously execute these things to an extent, RSR has little much to offer other than the rocks.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012 at 01:34 AM.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

space used to have such a cool queue, still better than other queues in DCA where theyre like Magic Mountain: nothing.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

space used to have such a cool queue, still better than other queues in DCA where theyre like Magic Mountain: nothing.
    Yeah it did have a pretty cool queue, even in the 70's.

Name:  aug01_spacemtn1-mid.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  83.7 KB

• I am not a Krusty Krab

see now that area is pretty neat the way the barriers look but the lighting was better then. the rockets used to light us, there wasnt a dead astroid there and while in line there were entertaining video clips and you could see into the ride so awesome

• Dive ..... Dive.....

see now that area is pretty neat the way the barriers look but the lighting was better then. the rockets used to light us, there wasnt a dead astroid there and while in line there were entertaining video clips and you could see into the ride so awesome
    I agree, the old queue was better because of that window they had which allowed you to view into space; I think the tradeoff of having a miniscule amount of light bleed into the ride was worth it. The new one feels fake, cramped, and resembles Zenon: girl of the 21st century.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012 at 02:01 AM.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

i hated that movie anyways... but Ghost Galaxy is why i love the ride, in the regular seasons there should be projections too, not the same ones but ones of astroids and galaxies etc. so they dont have to go down for a week to re install the projectors

•   

I've been a big fan of Indy for a long time.....so the fact that I think Racers gives it a run for its money really says something! I can't really pick a favorite between the two yet. Indy has more thrill and peril; Racers has more charm and beauty. Indy has more impressive environments; Racers has more impressive animatronics. Indy brings back memories of a film franchise I love; Racers gives me surprisingly warm feelings toward a film franchise that I don't love. Both do an amazing job of immersing you in a different world from the moment you enter the queue, and both deliver strong emotional journeys that I find myself wanting to experience again and again.

So for me its a tie right now but we'll see what happens as time passes!

• Circle of Ancients

Have not ridden RSR yet, but I've always found Indy to be completely overrated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast