View Poll Results: Which do you like better: Indiana Jones Adventure or Radiator Springs Racers?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indy

19 50.00%
  • RSR

19 50.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

re: RSR vs. Indiana Jones - Merged

Not sure how you compare these two. Apples and Oranges really. Both fruit, but two completely different flavors. Indy is defintely more oriented to a young adult to adult audience. RSR is..well...it's CARS! Lighthearted and fun.
    -Marcus

• Dive ..... Dive.....

It's only natural that people feel RSR is the best attraction, it is brand new. I truly feel this will change dramatically in a few years when the novelty has worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    RSR has just as many things as Big Thunder in the regular queue. You have the rockwork and landscaping of course then you have the radiator spring water feature with attached water tank, you have the water fill up station right across from that, then the queue meanders through three buildings each offering numerous props and settings, and finally watching the cars load and go in the Comfy Caverns Motor Court loading area. IMO RSR has more to it's queue then Big Thunder and Big Thunder is my favorite attraction at DL. And Space...most overrated attraction at the resort and the queue is dank and bland. It's about as impressive as the queue for Soarin...cold and blank metal walls well, at least Soarin has the museum aspect going for it.
    Well I completely disagree, here's why; each prop you mentioned in RSR's queue is basic and understated compared to Big Thunder. All that RSR has is an ordinary water tank that does nothing, a basic trickling fountain that cannot compare to the panning for gold water feature or the golden colored waterfalls on BT, no town of rainbow ridge aspect with talking characters, the elixir water fill up station does not do anything, the music can get repetitive and annoying, BT has a much more interesting layout of twists and turns as you walk through, no out of the ordinary props like the dinosaur skeleton, and the trains shoot out water in a sizable lake as they pass by. I also don't know what props you are referring to in the rest of the queue? The Stanley picture? The glass bottles sticking out the wall?

Space Mountains queue is also no where near soarin in terms of quality. I get that you don't like the attraction very much but if you say that it has the same detail as soarin I'm not sure you are looking at this objectively.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-22-2012 at 01:10 PM.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

^^This I totally agree with. New is always better, right?
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

I think it's an apples to oranges comparison. One is a motion simulator (Indy) and the other is a kinetic ride (RSR). They both have dark ride aspects and in that regard I might give the nod to Indy for sets, but RSR for animatronics.

• Minion

I personally like Indy better still. Maybe because I waited less for it than RSR. haha. I just feel like Indy has a more tolerable queue with the plentiful shade and Jungle Cruise boats gliding by. The actual ride itself to me beats RSR in terms of details and excitement. RSR on the other hand has superior AAs and storytelling. But once the wait time for RSR goes down, then I will probably stop my grumbling on the downsides because it still is an amazing ride, best in DCA. However, imo RSR nor Indy give me the same enjoyment as the Haunted Mansion does.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I think it's an apples to oranges comparison. One is a motion simulator (Indy) and the other is a kinetic ride (RSR). They both have dark ride aspects and in that regard I might give the nod to Indy for sets, but RSR for animatronics.
    I agree.

There's too much different to actually make an accurate, UNBIAS comparison...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    It's only natural that people feel RSR is the best attraction, it is brand new. I truly feel this will change dramatically in a few years when the novelty has worn off.
    THISSSSS!!! Indy is the best ride on the planet. RSR doesn't even compare. In 17 years, I guarantee you all of RSR's elements won't be working just like Indy's aren't right now and it'll become disappointing too. You have to remember it in it's prime condition. Heck, even as it is right now, I still think Indy is miles better than RSR, which is honestly just a normal dark ride with a thrilling ending. To me, it's just Winnie the Pooh and then suddenly Rocket Rods. I don't see how Indy is overrated. It's exactly what it lives up to be. A bumpy Jeep ride through a temple, except it gives you even MORE than that. The queue almost feels like a ride in itself with all the detail. If anything, RSR is overrated. A 4 hour line for a DARK RIDE? Finding Nemo is a more unique experience! But I knew to expect this type of reaction from people; right now, we're all just sipping the brand new Cars Kool-Aid. But a year from now, we're all going to be sick of it like most fans are starting to get sick of WOC (no need to come in and say "I still love WOC!"). Indy will stand the test of time but 50 years from now, the new generation of fans will wonder "why did they go all out for Pixar's worst franchise?"

• King of Los Angeles

RSR is a great attraction for DCA, but the sets don't compare to Indy. The queue doesn't compare to Indy. The AA's give it a bump, but the first few scenes are all AA's in a warehouse.

• Jack of All Trades

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ... To me, it's just Winnie the Pooh and then suddenly Rocket Rods.
    Haha... c'mon now... Winnie the Pooh?! I think that is a little too far.

I LOVE Indy... But also RSR... and yes... I think Indy on a whole probably beats out RSR... but you gotta appreciate the interior detailing and atmosphere... despite it not meeting the high bar set by Indy... it's a far cry from Winnie the Pooh.
    "People of Earth, how are you?"

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
    Fish are friends, not food."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by dude4real View Post
    Haha... c'mon now... Winnie the Pooh?! I think that is a little too far.

I LOVE Indy... But also RSR... and yes... I think Indy on a whole probably beats out RSR... but you gotta appreciate the interior detailing and atmosphere... despite it not meeting the high bar set by Indy... it's a far cry from Winnie the Pooh.
    I would have to agree with this, RSR is light years above and beyond Winnie the Pooh and FNSV, although I get what dth316 is trying to convey. The content just isn't as adult friendly, it compares more with Fantasyland style attractions rather than Indy's more adult setting.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I would have to agree with this, RSR is light years above and beyond Winnie the Pooh and FNSV, although I get what dth316 is trying to convey. The content just isn't as adult friendly, it compares more with Fantasyland style attractions rather than Indy's more adult setting.
    Which makes sense -- RSR and Carsland were greenlit and funded because of the mega-sales of Cars toys. As a marketing franchise, its core target demographic is kids.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

I love Indy. If the rumored multi month rehab happens then it will look even better. Something that troubles me about the Indy queue is when they added Fastpass it took away the enjoyment of walking (waiting) in most of the queue. Now you are speed walking through half of Indy's queue - WDI didn't design it like that so you run through it.

• Minion

I would like to add that Indy feels much more immersive because it is so secluded and it is entirely indoors. On the other hand on RSR, you can see the Tower of Terror and Grizzly Peak easily, as well as Mickey's Fun Wheel during the race part.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Winnie the Pooh with amazing AAs and wider sets.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: RSR vs. Indiana Jones - Merged

Two quick things:

1) I merged the two versions of this thread and left a redirect.
    2) I added a poll.

Cheers,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast