View Poll Results: Which do you like better: Indiana Jones Adventure or Radiator Springs Racers?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indy

19 50.00%
  • RSR

19 50.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Circle of Ancients

Re: RSR vs. Indiana Jones - Merged

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    With all it's working parts in motion.... and being in the 90's... it was pretty awesome.
    I waited 3 1/2 hours for Indy the first summer it was open.

Maybe that's why I feel it's overrated, nothing is worth that long of a wait.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Born View Post
    I love Indy. If the rumored multi month rehab happens then it will look even better. Something that troubles me about the Indy queue is when they added Fastpass it took away the enjoyment of walking (waiting) in most of the queue. Now you are speed walking through half of Indy's queue - WDI didn't design it like that so you run through it.
    dont get your hopes up. Matterhorn had one of those and nothing changed inside lol

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I waited 3 1/2 hours for Indy the first summer it was open.

Maybe that's why I feel it's overrated, nothing is worth that long of a wait.
    i waited the same fo RSR three times in one day!!! its worth i lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Indy happens to be my favorite ride at the resort, but right now I have to say that RSR is simply the better ride. To start with, Indy's age is REALLY showing. It needs to go down for a loooong rehab. Plus, RSR is the longer ride, and tells a far simpler and easier to follow story that Indy. It's just more accessible in general.

• Minion

Indiana Jones Adventure--Temple of the Forbidden Eye is the perfect theme park attraction. Disregarding the broken effects (which only detract from the experience if you know they're missing), Indy has everything RSR doesn't.

1. There's a solid story. Indy has created a whole backstory involving the Temple and has a very specific time setting (unlike RSR which blurs between the '50's and present day). The god Mara has defined characteristics that power the story. The scattering of newspaper clippings and the video clips are a great medium through which to tell the story. Now, Stanley's Oasis is nice, but it's totally irrelevant to the ride and isn't interesting...a couple sheds and a water feature? Doesn't hold a candle to Mara's temple.

2. Indy makes sense as a ride (a problem many theme park attractions have and can't avoid). Why does everything go wrong? Because you look into Mara's eyes (a great plot device set up from the beginning of the queue and a surefire way to propel the story considering someone will ALWAYS have to look at Mara's eye). But why are we racing in Radiator Springs? Why do we go tractor-tipping? It's never really explained.

3. Indy requires very little suspension of disbelief. Yes, it's true that magic inside of a temple is a little far-fetched but we know why we're going into the temple--because Sallah has opened up tours to get us to the temple's riches! This explains the film clips, the lights set up through the temple, and the presence of the troop transport vehicles (and the fact that there are several of them with other guests in them, another factor many rides have a hard time explaining). But in RSR, we have to ask why humans are riding in cars in a world where cars are living things. It doesn't make sense. Not to mention why a cave leads to the outdoors. Or why after you transition from light to dark, it becomes light again. Indy is totally immersive and explained.

4. The pure aesthetics of Indy beat RSR hands down. Nowhere in the queue or ride do yo ever feel like you're in a warehouse on Indy. No exposed showlights, no wires, no visible backstage equipment, and most of all, not one wall in that whole place is untouched--it's all given the temple treatment. On RSR, the dark ride portions feel very tight, and many 'sets' are no more than painted walls (the backdrop of Radiator Springs behind Lightning and Sally comes to mind) and it shows. Also, there are several spots where lighting is visible and where you can tell you're being tricked (there are very obviously two Maters considering you can sometimes see/hear both of them at the same time before the tractor tipping...and in tractor tipping, you can see the scene reset itself before you leave). For all I know, on Indy, I'm actually in a temple of doom.

5. Innovation. RSR has a cool ride system that tells its story very well (I love how it changes in acceleration when passing the train and escaping from Frank). But it's been done before. The race (the big thing that sets itself apart from other simple dark rides) is too slow to really be anything more than a little speed. Indy is a full-blown experience. The vehicles are to this day technological marvels and really offers a unique experience that can't be duplicated. I can drive 40 mph...I can't drive through rough and rugged terrain through a forbidden temple. Indy is something really special.

Overall, while RSR is fun, I don't think it holds a candle to Indy and I think the rave reviews from RSR (though I'm sure they're genuine) are overblown a result of the ride's novelty and hype. A year down the road, RSR won't have four hour lines and people will begin choosing Indy over RSR when deciding what to get FP's for. Don't get me wrong, I love the RSR ride, but I think it could've been better, and is not worth the waits it's drawing or the reviews it's receiving. It's a great addition to DCA no doubt but by no means the best in the resort. The best ride at DLR, or any theme park for that matter, is definitely Indiana Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
    Which is the better, more immersive ride and why?

Indiana Jones....

Fire, Fire... Also there is Fire.

Everything, well at its peak, when its working perfectly, of course Indiana Jones is better. Also, as a kid growing up with the movies, it hits home more than Cars land. The ending is amazing, the music on the ride was ground breaking, everything. Great ride. They just need to plus it and also get it back to the way it was opening year.

RCR is great, but I think IAJA is still better. Its apples and oranges I suppose. Indiana is also more menacing. What will happen? Scary que? It could fall down anytime, etc. RCR is more re asurring. , nice for kids, which is good for DCA, but I like how Indiana Jones just goes with it. No happy times for kids, just death... Fun ride.

IAJA is a great ride (kudos to Disney for doing a full-blown dark ride at the time) but my problem with it is that everything is too big -- the ride vehicles are beasts, the rooms and halls you race through are gigantic (you might say "warehouse-like") and clearly not part of a temple system intended for humans. It would feel more "Indy" if you raced through more claustrophobic tunnels. Nitpicking, but I do think it would have made for a better attraction.

Tyler nailed it on the head for this one. I felt that RSR was a fun ride, but felt a little disappointed when I came off. Indiana Jones offers both an in depth story, a highly detailed queue, and a full on immersion. Nothing more can be said because what's been said before is just being repeated.

• Unhelpful User

My pick is Indy but by a nose the real questions should be which ride breaks down more often *__* J/k

• Goofy

indiana jones i loved being tossed around the ride and its a good action ride through.

RSR has the scenery and animatronics while Indy has the storytelling and thrill. Why not combine both into a future attraction?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345