Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking short first trip to disneyland! what should i do in 2 days?

hey everyone!

im 15 wanted to get some advice from people who have been to disneyland before and what i should do in the short amount of time im there

why so short a trip? well we are just passing through on our way to comic con and figured it would be fun!

i was hoping for tips, insider advice, or just basic "must do's" for a first timer.

thanks so much

Re: short first trip to disneyland! what should i do in 2 days?

Hello! Here's what I recommend as far as getting all of the rides in:

DISNEYLAND
    -First thing in the morning, get a fast pass for space mountain or star tours. I usually then go to fantasyland (if you want to avoid lines, you have to go in the very early am, or very late pm. peter pan will still be 30 minutes at park closing). Ride Peter pan, dumbo, alice, mr toad, and casey jr first, in that order. then tea cups, snow white, and pinoccio. small world can wait until whenever- it isn't a terrible line to wait in.

-then visit tomorrowland. Get a fast pass for either star tours or space (whichever you didn't get first) then go use your fast pass which should be available now. then ride nemo, autopioa (this line SUCKS during the day- trust me. ride early), buzz, and matterhorn. If your second fast pass is good, go back and ride.

-then visit adventureland & New Orleans. get a fastpass for indy once your fast pass is free. then ride big thunder mountain, jungle cruise, pirates and haunted. Once your fastpass is valid, go get one for splash mountain. (it's great to get a pass for between 1230-130 when it's broiling hot). Ride pirates and then haunted mansion. When you go to do splash, do winnie the pooh if you want.

*** Do not waste your day waiting for pirates or for haunted mansion in the hot sun! The line really shrinks down during fantasmic due to people watching the show, so guaranteed even if it's an hour wait through the day, between 9:45-11, it's much shorter.

Food to try: Bengal BBQ in adventureland macros from indy. Dole whip by the entrance to adventureland

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURES

-If you want to see world of color, go to grizzly river run to get the fast pass for that.

-First thing get a fast pass for radiator springs. Then either ride radiator springs, or go ride the other two attractions. I would honestly get another fast pass for radiator springs before you leave the area... that wait will be insanely long. Then head to the pier to ride screaming, toy story mania, the wheel, goofy's sky school, silly symphony swings, and little mermaid. Then if your fast pass is available, go get another one at soaring over california, and ride radiator springs. next, tower of terror and monsters.

• MaliBOOMer

I disagree with what was said with above. Since you don't have a lot of time and it will be crowded I was ignore the small attractions, especially Dumbo. Hit the big attractions, make sure you are at the park before it opens and you stay till it closes. Lines are shorter in the last hour of the day. FastPass is FREE, and you should get as many as you can. Make sure you do all the major attractions like: Disneyland: Space Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and above all make sure you do Indiana Jones. If you visit Disney California Adventure Park: get a FastPass for Radiator springs first thing when park opens, Must Rides in California Adventure Park: Tower of Terror, Soarin' over California, Grizzly River Run, California Screemin', Toy Story Mania, Radiator Springs Racers. Once you tackle the main attractions, then focus on the smaller attractions at the resort. Only do Tea Cups and Dumbo like rides if you have time. As they are small and basic rides, you see what you get. Fantasyland rides like Mr. Toads wild ride and Peter Pan should take priority above Dumbo. I would say in all honesty don't waste your time, unless you don't like big rides (roller coasters) and only like smaller attractions.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

thanks so much for the advice! im definitly going to have to take advantage of fast passes. also, does anyone have any advice on what to bring what kind of shoes to wear (sandles, tennis shoes etc..)

thanks again

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by katloulav View Post
    thanks so much for the advice! im definitly going to have to take advantage of fast passes. also, does anyone have any advice on what to bring what kind of shoes to wear (sandles, tennis shoes etc..)

thanks again
    You will be walking all day! So bring tennis shoes, you can do it if you have comfortable sandals. Plus side with sandals is when you ride Grizzly River Run you won't have wet shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You will be walking all day! So bring tennis shoes, you can do it if you have comfortable sandals. Plus side with sandals is when you ride Grizzly River Run you won't have wet shoes.
    i never even thought of wet shoes! thanks

Use single rider line on Matterhorn and anything else that has it. Your group will be broken up but it's worth it. You can talk about the ride after the ride. Usually you ask a cast member about it and they'll give you a slip of paper and direct you where to go.

if you are mainly there to hit all the big rides, then certainly skip over fantasyland and go straight for either tomorrowland for space and star tours or adventureland for indy. i have found over the years that i can get through majority of disneyland if you're there at park opening pretty efficently, and fantasyland is a place i strongly dislike being anytime after 10 am. too many kids, and the long waits aren't worth it for me. lol. so i hit there first. i very much agree with quentin- don't miss indy!! one of my favorites for sure.
    wear your most comfortable walking shoes! it's a ton of walking

• MaliBOOMer

^ Warning though! If you use single rider line you can not sit in the front! If you wait in the Fastpass line or the regular (standby) line then you can ask to sit in the front! That reminds me, you are going to want to sit in the front on Indiana Jones and ABSOLUTELY for sure ask for the back on Big Thunder Mountain!! the front sucks on thunder mountain. So remember ask for the Front for Indiana Jones, and back for Thunder Mountain! In my opinion it makes a HUGE difference. When you ride thunder mountain you will see what I mean, and see why the back is 100000x more fun on that ride! And on Indiana Jones you can see sooooo much better in the front. That is why I avoid single rider line on Indiana Jones because I can't ask to be in the front.

so many great tips everyone! and ill for sure ask for front on indy and back on thunder mountain!

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by katloulav View Post
    so many great tips everyone! and ill for sure ask for front on indy and back on thunder mountain!
    I hope you have an awesome trip! And hope you can go back to see everything a later time! BUT yes those seats make the difference on the ride. It might be a slightly longer wait (2 min. at the most, but boy is it worth it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I hope you have an awesome trip! And hope you can go back to see everything a later time! BUT yes those seats make the difference on the ride. It might be a slightly longer wait (2 min. at the most, but boy is it worth it!)
    thank you so much its always great to get help from people who have been there before

any other tips anyone?

I went to Disneyland in two days (with my band) and this is how things worked out (with check in times and everything).

Day one-
    9 am- 45 min wait for Space Mountian (must go) (HUGE line, 75 mins or longer, if you don't get a fast pass and get it in the morning)
    10:15 am- it's a small world (cute ride, a classic)(there's usually a fast moving line)
    ~~Clinic~~
    2:30 pm- Lunch (Harbor Gallery, breadbowl)
    3:00 pm- Got 7:00 fastpass for Splash mountian
    3:05 pm- Winnie-the-Pooh (cute ride, short line if you want to kill some time)
    3:30 pm- Haunted Mansion (really cool ride) (fast moving, but long, line)
    4:00 pm- Pirates of the Caribbean (another cool line) (again, fast moving but long line)
    ~~Check in~~
    4:05 pm- Big Thunder Mountain (one of the most underrated Disney rides ever, it's awesome!) (usually a very long line, we got lucky)
    5:10 pm- In the Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room. (45 minutes of singing birds, you either love it or hate it)
    6:00- Jungle Cruise (long but fast moving ride, it's old as the park itself but cool)
    7:10- Splash Mountain (we got our fastpasses or it would've been a 75 min wait, SO WORTH IT)
    Dinner at Pizza port and we to the hotel at 9.

Day 2-
    9:00 am- Star Tours (AWESOME RIDE! WOOP! I happen to be watching Star Wars at the moment) (REALLY LONG LINE!!! Fastpass it)
    ~~Concerts~~
    2:00- Switch parks
    2:10- got fastpass for Grizzly River Run
    2:30- California Screamin' (the biggest, baddest rollercoaster in Disneyland)
    3:45- Grizzly River Run (awesome ride, very very awesome) (long line, so get fastpass)
    5:00-7:15 pm- Tower of Terror (we were unable to get a fastpass, so we had to stick it in the 2 hour excrusiatingly slow wait) (it was worth it)
    7:30- Toy Story Mania (long one hour wait, there isn't anything you can do)
    Dinner (I forgot where)
    8:45- Ariel's Undersea Adventure (cool ride, we snuck in while World of Color let out, no wait!)
    Went home.

I have several regrets about this trip. I didn't get to go on Indiana Jones or the Mark Twain (must sees). There's so much I missed in California Adventure thanks to the really long Tower of Terror wait, I would've went on the Symphony Swings, Muppets in 3D, Animation Studio, or Soarin' Over California (those are really great). I also would've gotten more fastpasses, but they interfeared with concert/clinic times and there was a limited amount of time in each park. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE FIREWORK SHOW. WORLD OF COLOR IS ALSO AMAZING, BUT YOU NEED A FASTPASS. No matter how long the fastpass line is for World of Color is, stick it out. It's worth it. You would need to go early too (with the fastpass).
    Also, Matterhorn was closed for construction and you need to go on that ride. Now Buena Vista Street is open and so is Carsland, so check those out. I'm tired of typing but I'll be glad to add more if you want any more tips (or whatever this essay is).

Have fun

• Banned User

Are you going to both parks on just one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast