Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Does anyone prefer the new Matterhorn bobsleds?

The secret for me is not to put your feet in the holes but to cross them so you sit more upright and less pressure on the tailbone.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Just this guy......

I have been spending way too much time over at the DCA so I had not gotten around to riding the new bobsleds until this past week.

I'm sorry to say that I found the new Bobsleds to be some of the most uncomfortable cars in either park. I'm not that tall but I had problems getting my feet to fit and the new configuration causes me to bump around more making a much rougher ride.

This was a major disappointment.

I'm 6' and rode in the front of one of the cars. It was one of the most painful roller coasters I've ever ridden. With the backs being slanted I found myself basically sitting on my lower back the entire time. I kept trying to sit on my tailbone but just kept sliding down to this uncomfortable half rocking chair type situation. Not pleasant.
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

• Circle of Ancients

Rode the new bobsleds on Sunday ... My observations:

- I didn't have a problem with leg room (I'm 6'1"). As long as you do the "ankle cross" you'll be ok. Granted, I was in the front of car 2, but it still didn't bother me.
    - The ride didn't seem any rougher or smoother to me.
    - The ride WAS slower however, and was obviously slower.
    - I didn't like the new audio on Harold. If it's not broken, don't fix it!!!!

While I still love the ride, not really a "must ride" anymore. Just doesn't seem like the same ride to me anymore.

We rode the Matterhorn last Friday. I'm 6'-4" and weigh about 240. I found the new bobsleds to be much more comfortable. My son was in the front row and I was directly behind him. I put my feet into the slots or whatever you call them. I felt that the ride is smoother and I didn't get jerked around as much. From my observations, the front seat doesn't seem to have as much leg room.

I think this is a great improvement for the ride and am happy they made the changes. It made the ride experience much better. I hated having my legs around someone before, it was very uncomfortable. And then riding alone before was just as bad because I was thrown around. I think Disney hit it perfectly with the new sleds.

No.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

I myself am 6ft 155 and after finally riding them, I do prefer them. Before, I used to have to lock my knees to the sides to keep myself stable and not bounce around the seat. Now with those leg holsters, admittedly unusually at first, I am stable as a pearl in its shell.

• I won't grow up!

We were there last week - rode the bobsleds once and that was enough for everyone in our party. We all came away sore and crabby.

I Used to LOVE the Matterhorn but the fact that it is so much slower (obviously so) and so much more bumpy. My body kept getting slammed around and I even ended up with a bruise. Mind you, I am not a very big gal. It was so very odd that the ride is slower and more bumpy.

I am so disappointed, I doubt I will go on it very often anymore.

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

I'm one of the few who likes the new bobsleds. I don't think they are perfect (very awkward to get out of the back two seats as they are basically on the floor), but I never liked riding with another and find these to be more comfortable overall. I don't know if they are slower, but I still feel the ride is just as fine. I like not being thrown around if I sit alone, or worry I'm crushing my partner.

I have ridden the new sleds only once but sadly, that will be the last time. I couldn't wait for it to be over. It was exhausting trying to hold the bottom of my back off the seat. Painful, cramped, just plain horrible. The description someone posted that it was a birthing position also came to my mind. I'm 5'10, 160....

• Insomniac

Yeah finally rode the new sleds and I LOVED the new sleds! Sure the tailbone takes a beating if you don't situate yourself! It is the first steel tubular track Roller coaster ever created, of course it's bumpy and uncomfortable! (has anyone on here even ridden a true woody coaster?) Does anyone really remember the old sleds? They were just as uncomfortable, just as slow, just and bumpy! The track did not change, so why did everyone expect the ride to magically be smoother? I have back problems, I'm 6'3", I have very long legs, and yet I still found it to be exactly the same ride I grew up with... The new sleds also introduce single rider to the ride, which, even if it was way more uncomfortable, would make the new sleds worth it (I rode it 9 times in 2 hours on Thursday).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Please leave comments for
    Disneyland staff regarding Matterhorn issue. If they don't receive our reports they won't "fix it"
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm 5.10 and sat in the front row and had absolutely no problems with the new seats. For me it felt no more uncomfortable to riding Splash Mountain and it's seating layout. I don't have a problem and would ride the Matterhorn again. But only if the current wait times improve...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345