Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying ride soundtracks, and area music?

Is there anywhere I can legally buy and download the ride through soundtracks to the rides and area music? I would love to have them on my ipod.
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

Re: Buying ride soundtracks, and area music?

In short... No. Disney has released VERY very few soundtracks of any rides, parades, background music, or shows, at any point in time, and those few times that they have released something (The only two i can think of they released a complete soundtrack was the MSEP and The haunted mansion HOLIDAY original soundtrack) it has been in the parks on CD. Ive never seen anything having to do with the parks on Itunes, or sold on CD though disney officially. Its against Micechat's policy for me to tell you, you can go to _____ and push this button _____ and put it here ____.. but there are ways to get parks music on your ipod for sure, but not while "supporting" disney.

~Hatter

• The Pumpkin King

If you want actual real ride through music with sound effects and all just like you are in the ride. Just make an account here mp3ify.com - YouTube To Mp3 Converter

Then make sure you have an Itunes or a music library of some sort.

Then just find the youtube video of the area music or attarction and download it. Save the file, and put it in your list in the library.

• No Title for you

The only thing I know of that has some of what you may be looking for is a CD set I picked up a while ago (Musical History of Disneyland, released 2005). I know it's not a download; however, I thought I'd pass it on. Most of the tracks are from older versions of attractions or attractions that no longer exist. Don't know of anything off hand that has more recent music or ride soundtracks. Also, I don't think there is anything with a soundtrack for attractions at DCA.
    Last edited by KoD7085; 06-25-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Strikethrough - See Coheteboy's post below for DCA soundtrack info
    Just another DL fan

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Here's a few essentials.

Musical History of Disneyland is a 6 cd set from 2005
    -this set includes a good variety of tracks from Disneyland's history including a Club 33 rendition of "Feed the Birds", Indiana Jones adventure, Star Tours, Remember Dreams Come True, and two Space Mountain tracks. It also contains the Huanted Mansion HOliday, Small World Holiday, Main Street Electrical Parade and Fantasmic!
    http://www.amazon.com/Musical-Histor...+of+disneyland

If you want Disneyland's old Fantasy in the Sky or Light Magic, you might consider The Official Album, consisting of a variety of Disneyland and Walt Disney World songs.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Official-A...official+album

IF the old Star Tours ride is your game and you want the pre-show and ride soundtrack, you'll want The Star Wars Vault book and audio retrospective.
    Amazon.com: The Star Wars Vault: Thirty Years of Treasures from the Lucasfilm Archives, With Removable Memorabilia and Two Audio CDs (9780061257315): Stephen J. Sansweet, Peter Vilmur: Books

There's an older album that might tickle your history bone, Walt Disney Takes You To Disneyland has a track for each land and narration by Walt Disney.
    http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Ta...d_rhf_se_shvl4

Most recently there's a MUSIC OF CARS LAND which contains Radiator Springs Racers ride through and many of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree songs.

Soarin' over California and other DCA classics can be found from this album:
    http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Califo...rnia+adventure

Believe... There's Magic in the Stars and other Disneyland classics can also be found on Disneyland Park Official Album
    Amazon.com: Walt Disney Records Presents Disneyland Park, The Official Album: Disneyland: Music

There's been a lot more variations and albums out there but these are the ones I own.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Monorail Lover

A few years ago inside the parks, I bought the full soundtrack for the Haunted Mansion. This was about a year before they put in Constance. They may still sell this CD in the park, but I have not been in that store on Main Street since I bought it, and can't remember which store it was.
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekong View Post
    A few years ago inside the parks, I bought the full soundtrack for the Haunted Mansion. This was about a year before they put in Constance. They may still sell this CD in the park, but I have not been in that store on Main Street since I bought it, and can't remember which store it was.
    That would be the 20th Century Music store and they used to have all kinds of soundtracks on their CD on Demand machines, sadly no longer so.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Lighting Design Lover

Disney used to release a CD (or a cassette tape mostly) about once a year of what they considered music in the parks (this usually included the current firework show, which was Fantasy in the Sky for most of history, and the classic Disney tunes like the Tiki room theme song, Pirates, Small world, and Haunted Mansion, but again just their theme songs). Then when the '98 tomorrowland opened there was a time where you could make your own musical history of Disneyland by choosing songs throughout the park and putting them on a CD. However, since that closed, finding park music has become increasingly more difficult. The 2005 musical history of Disneyland, mentioned by several above, was one of the last major Disneyland music sets to come and there has been virtually none (up until this recently released Carsland soundtrack) since then. To my knowledge Disney has never even released a soundtrack containing the soundtrack to Magical, Soundsational, or World of Color (and at least on their old soundtracks the one thing they always kept updated and released was the most recent parades and fireworks shows). It's quite saddening, I would hope Disney would look into releasing such CDs sometime again in the future...

---------- Post added 06-25-2012 at 06:29 PM ----------

^Coheteboy: There's also the Fantasmic sound track
    Amazon.com: Fantasmic! Good Clashes with Evil in a Nighttime Spectacular (Includes Main Street Electrical Parade Soundtrack): Disneyland: Music

And there was a light magic one as well that I used to had (sadly it was a cassette tape and now lost somewhere)...

• Big Hockey Fan

Use youtube and type in your favorite ride,show or attraction. then you youtube-mp3.org and put it on iTunes, I apologize that Disney hasnt released any new material

One of the coolest things I have found is "A Window to the Magic" podcast, you can find it in the iTunes podcast directory. The creator goes to Disneyland and takes binaural audio recordings of environments/attractions/shows. This means when you listen to the podcast with your headphones on it sounds like the parks are surrounding you. It's really really cool! And free!!!

• MiceChat Moderator

Guys, the OP asked for legal ways to obtain the music. Let's not openly tell someone how to rip it from the internet. There are lots of ways to do that and they can do that on their own. Not here. Thanks!

I am surprised nobody has mentioned these yet. I have both of them and love it.

The 50th anniversary album: http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Happie...s_all_1#disc_1
    I actually bought this at Target when it first came out. Still a pretty good price on Amazon.

The official Disneyland Resort album: Disneyland Resort Official Album, NEW 2 CD SET on eBay!
    Could only find this on eBay. It is great! Includes a lot of the background area music. Also has the track to the fireworks show, Remember. My kids listen to this one a lot.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    Is there anywhere I can legally buy and download the ride through soundtracks to the rides and area music? I would love to have them on my ipod.
    Love Coheteboy’s list. I forgot about that track in The Star Wars Vault. I’m lucky to have those all except the recent Cars Land disc.

For the sake of mentioning it, the latest Official Album, which is a double-disc set, includes a few ride-thru tracks, some abridged, and other atmosphere music, but all worthwhile just for something to have and good for starters. I’m sure it’s still available in the park and through Disneyland’s mail order service. The cover is shown at this Amazon page.

Amazon.com: The Official Album of Disneyland Resort: Disney's California Adventure / Magic Kingdom: Music

And there should still be the Pirates of the Caribbean CD which includes the version of the ride-thru before they meshed the music with the movie themes, so circa 2004-ish. That cover’s shown on this Amazon link, and generally the same as what’s on The Musical History of Disneyland.

Amazon.com: Pirates of the Caribbean: Disney: Music

Btw there are Disneyland albums available on iTunes too but most are older nostalgic titles. I just searched there and found Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland and Date Nite at Disneyland with The Elliott Brothers Date Niters Orchestra. I bought Musical Highlights from the Mickey Mouse Club TV Show and The Black Hole soundtrack (before Intrada released it on CD) from iTunes years ago and they're both still there.

And I will also shout out the music of our Golden Horseshoe favorites, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. They have two CDs available in the parks, The Billys: I Want U 2 Want Me and The Billys LIVE!.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chiefyouth View Post
    I am surprised nobody has mentioned these yet. I have both of them and love it.

The 50th anniversary album: Amazon.com: Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth: Various Artists: Music
    I actually bought this at Target when it first came out. Still a pretty good price on Amazon.

The official Disneyland Resort album: Disneyland Resort Official Album, NEW 2 CD SET on eBay!
    Could only find this on eBay. It is great! Includes a lot of the background area music. Also has the track to the fireworks show, Remember. My kids listen to this one a lot.

Thanks to you and Gone2Disneyland for mentioning the 2disc set which does contain some tracks not found in any of the ones I mentioned.

The 50th Anniversary album however is mostly if not entirely covered on the History of Disneyland 6 disc set.

• Element of Laughter

One track I would love to find is the background music from the PeopleMover. . .
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast