Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ryan

Buena vista street flags incorrect

Before you yell at me, I don't know if this rule is always followed or if they break it on Main Street too, but here it is:

As you can see in this photo, the bunting on Mortimer's Market is incorrect. I am honestly not nit picky at ALL, but I remember reading this somewhere and how it can be disrespectful. The BLUE is always supposed to be at the top because it represents the Union. It is like this in many other locations.

As you can see in THIS photo, the bunting on the bridge is incorrect AND weird looking. It looks like something is missing, and that two flags are stitched together. The one on the right is UPSIDE DOWN and BACKWARDS, if you were referring to it as two-stitched flags. Just thought i would point that out.

Also, the flags on the poles have 48 stars, in case you didn't notice

• Minion

Re: Buena vista street flags incorrect

I don't care for it either. I think just hanging a lot of American flags in many locations would have been better.

• When Will It Return?

Alaska & Hawaii did not become states until 1959. Buena Vista Street is LA circa 1920s. Hence, 48 stars.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Hmm, just thought of this now that the OP has mentioned BVS's flag, but shouldn't Main Streets flag have less stars then it does now? It currently has a modern day flag as far as I know.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

if you really wanna get technical its disrespectful to fly the california flag under the american flag, only the POW flag is to be flown under the american flag

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    if you really wanna get technical its disrespectful to fly the california flag under the american flag, only the POW flag is to be flown under the american flag
    According to the U.S. Flag Code:

• When it is displayed from the same flagpole with another flag, the flag of the United States must always be at the top except that the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for Navy personnel when conducted by a Naval chaplain on a ship at sea.
    • When flown with flags of states, communities or societies on separate flag poles which are of the same height and in a straight line, the flag of the United States is always placed in the position of honor—to its own right. The other flags may be the same size but none may be larger.
    • No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

The US Flag code in place by the federal government permits flags of US states and communities to be flown under the US flag when only one pole is available.

"Where there is only one flag pole, the federal flag should be displayed above state or municipal flags."

Another poster was one step ahead of me...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Hmm, just thought of this now that the OP has mentioned BVS's flag, but shouldn't Main Streets flag have less stars then it does now? It currently has a modern day flag as far as I know.
    Good point. However, don't the flags on Main Street have 49 stars? I know at WDW they do because they're all lightning poles and in the case one should get struck by lightning and ignite on fire, it wouldn't necessarily be disrespectful because it isn't a real American flag.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

interesting... my brothers Drill Instructor told us different but i believe you guys

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

interesting... my brothers Drill Instructor told us different but i believe you guys
    It's not us tell you this, it's the State Department Flag Code of the United States of America.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

well thank you for the correction

I deal with flag protocol on a weekly basis. You are correct, when displaying the US flag, the stars are always displayed in the top left corner. None of those however are considered flags. Bunting and other decorative items do not fall under the same display and handling protocol as an actual flag so they are good.

• Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Alaska & Hawaii did not become states until 1959. Buena Vista Street is LA circa 1920s. Hence, 48 stars.
    Correct.

Even if they aren't incorrectly displayed, some of them are ugly (the bunting on the bridge) anyways. This place is turning into Six Flags +

• I am number 4 of 999

While it looks festive on Main Street, it's over-killed on Buena Vista Street. They didn't need to put out so many different shapes and patterns. HALF of what they used still would have gotten the point across. So I can't wait to see what they have in store for Halloween and Christmas!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    Correct.

Even if they aren't incorrectly displayed, some of them are ugly (the bunting on the bridge) anyways. This place is turning into Six Flags +
    so by putting up the same flag banners that were common in LA in the 20's DCA is turning into Six Flags? Really.... wow...just, wow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast