Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Re: What will happen to Carsland once it is deemed outdated?

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I just keep thinking that those cliffs are going to need a new paint job every year old the SoCal sun is going to make them fade to nothing.

$$$
    I know they just redid the Matterhorn. How many times have they repainted that. Might give us a good comparison on when they will have to repaint the cliffs.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Walt Disney was a smart man who understood what makes attractions popular for the long term:

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

If you want to see what a long-term well made attraction looks like, Journey to the Center of the Earth is a primary example which features mystery, intense thrill, adult themes, and startling moments. Matter a fact, every single E-ticket in the past has accomplished one or more of these categories very well, RSR does not hit it out of the park on any one of these.
    I completely agree with this, I live in Texas so I haven't gotten to see Cars Land yet, but outside of the scenery, I have not been impressed with what I have seen. I ride looks like a glorified Monsters Inc., with a very short and very tame thrill ride thrown in at the end. Cars 2 is one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen, and Cars 1 is decent, but not close to being a potential classic.

RSR looks like it would be a decent attraction, but not enough to make me want to travel out to California. It looks too kiddy for me, and lacking in the darker elements found in some of the Fantasyland dark rides. I haven't been to DL since March 2010. Next time, i have money for a trip, I'm going back to Universal Orlando since they can build rides that adults can really enjoy again and again like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man, Revenge of the Mummy, Men in Black: Alien Attack, Ripsaw Falls, The Simpsons Ride etc. And these aren't rides that are nearing 20 years old (and in a lot of cases much older) like Indy. I love Indy and it's the second best ride I've been on other than Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, but it's time for Disney to build another Indy. Tower of Terror is great, but it's a modified clone from WDW so it wasn't really something new. So the last new great, ground breaking teen/adult aimed attraction at DL is Indy, which is 17 years old. I really think Disney is aiming straight for kids now days.

I would so get in my car and drive to DL right now if they built Journey to the Center of the Earth instead of RSR.

It is so hard to say. My kids (8 and 11) love Mr. Toads wild ride, yet the have never seen the Disneys "Wind in the Willows". The "franchise" may also never die. Disney has a great way of re-juevinating their films, whether it is a planned rebirth (Princesses) or an Anniverary release, it is done very well. New Generations of kids always love the characters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234