This question just crossed my mind. Carsland is based off the movie franchise Cars. Like any other franchise, it will soon get old and may/may not bite the dust. Some franchises get lucky and stay within the hearts and minds of people many generations later. Hey, Cars might be that franchise, but let's say it's not.
Let's say it's, I don't know, many many years into the future. The kids that watched Cars are now almost as old as you are. Cars is now a very old franchise and the debate has sparked up on what to do with Carsland.
- People who grew up with the ride and franchise (And maybe the next generation of Micechatters and what not) Say it should stay because it's an absolute classic and a fantastic E-Ticket ride.
- Some say that it should stay because it was extremely expensive to build and tearing it down would just be a waste of money, but retheme it to a generic Route 66 theme.
- Some say it should just stay the way it is because a lot of money was thrown at it and all it needs is upgrades and refurbishments
- Some say it should stay because the scenery is just stunning to look at. (I have heard some people say that)
- Some say it should go because the idea is old and worn, and a shiny new coat of paint isn't going to help it. Besides, Walt and the original Imagineers wanted the parks to keep on changing and they say Carsland has met his time.
Very recently, we've been getting more and more rides that are tied to a specific franchise. Some of them can adapt really quickly, such as the Submarine Voyage or Star Tours, but what about Carsland? The town is very iconic and can be immediately recognized. How easy would it be to convert that whole land to another movie, IF there is one that takes place somewhere in the South West United States along Route 66. And what about that Mountain Range? Another icon that can be as recognizable as Grizzly Peak or the Tower of Terror. How much would it cost to take down? Refurbishment costs? Will maintenance ever reach a state such as Splash Mountain? What will the public reaction be? MiceChat's reaction? Other Disney Fan Site reaction?
All of these cannot be answered at the moment with a clear end to it all. So that's why I call upon you. I want to know your opinion on this topic. Would Carsland last for a long time? If it didn't what would you say the verdict would be? Doesn't have to be anything I stated either; you can think up your own reason as well.