Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

I wish we could just see the idea modle so some fears could be addressed.

• Ryan

For me, the point isn't if or if not an ALL MARVEL PARK would work, it is that I don't want an ALL MARVEL PARK. Even the original Disneyland wasn't just everything under the Disney Studios Empire built into attractions. It had a lot of original attractions too.

Do you think that Disneyland would have worked if it would have had Peter Pan Land, Tom Sawyer Corner, Indiana Jone's Adventureland, Star Wars Land, and Princess and The Land Frog? Maybe it would have, but would you like it? I wouldn't. I would much rather have a land based off of Heroes and Adventure with lands like Pandora, Barsoom, The Grid, Asgard, Hero City, and much more. You can have a nice boat ride that has NOTHING to do with PANDORA and it can still work! But once you start putting a title like MARVEL, where other worlds don't exist, you get very specific and not very broad.

A Park that has the title Marvel on it doesn't attract girls. But adventure, heroes, and experiences that feel other worldly do. YES there is a girl appeal in MARVEL, but people who don't know anything about marvel are a lot less likely to visit, because why spend money on a ticket that isn't guaranteed something that they would like?

• Banned User

Acutally all of those lands you mentioned would limit that land to that property, just saying

• Ryan

what?

• Banned User

Pandora, Barsoom, The Grid, Asgard

Those are just as limiting, with Avatar stuff in Pandora, John Carter stuff in Barsoom, Tron in the Grid, Thor and company in Asgard...

• Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    Pandora, Barsoom, The Grid, Asgard

Those are just as limiting, with Avatar stuff in Pandora, John Carter stuff in Barsoom, Tron in the Grid, Thor and company in Asgard...
    Yeah but it isn't _____ stuff in _____ it's just Pandora, it's JUST Mars, I guess the Grid is kind of limited but it would be like the sci fi tomorrowland, and Asgard is limited. But those are lands! Harry Potter land would be limited but, it fits in the park! I don't see any place for Asgard in disneyland, but it would go well in an Adventure/ Hero park.

• Non-Minion

To say that Marvel is limited is just as ludacris as saying that DLR is limited. Just google "Marvel Character Roster" and see what you find. Or even "Marvel Universe Locations"

Trust me, and I know I've type this more than a few times BUT the Marvel universe is more vast and open then any of those "lands" that you propose. Pandora is limited to ONLY Avatar where as a jungle theme can include any number of Marvel Characters you want to put there. You don't need a pre-written back story as to why they're in the jungle, you can make it up! That's the beauty of being a constantly evolving medium such as the Marvel Universe. Nobody is subject to being in ONE specific land. Thor can be in Asgard then also end up in the NY set up, why not? Mickey goes where he wants, They just throw different cosumes on him, right?
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    To say that Marvel is limited is just as ludacris as saying that DLR is limited. Just google "Marvel Character Roster" and see what you find. Or even "Marvel Universe Locations"

Trust me, and I know I've type this more than a few times BUT the Marvel universe is more vast and open then any of those "lands" that you propose. Pandora is limited to ONLY Avatar where as a jungle theme can include any number of Marvel Characters you want to put there. You don't need a pre-written back story as to why they're in the jungle, you can make it up! That's the beauty of being a constantly evolving medium such as the Marvel Universe. Nobody is subject to being in ONE specific land. Thor can be in Asgard then also end up in the NY set up, why not? Mickey goes where he wants, They just throw different cosumes on him, right?
    But I would like to visit a jungle without having MARVEL shoved down my face. Let's slap Iron Man in Mars, because it works. It's marvel. If that is what the basis behind this idea of a park is, then I would be happier without it.

• Non-Minion

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    But I would like to visit a jungle without having MARVEL shoved down my face. Let's slap Iron Man in Mars, because it works. It's marvel. If that is what the basis behind this idea of a park is, then I would be happier without it.
    To each their own and I totally respect ones opinion and outlook. We see things in two different ways and thats what makes America great.

But on the other side of the coin I could digest Marvel in my face a lot more than Avatar and John Carter...in fact Avatar to me...was NOT that great of a movie. It was the story of Pocahantus and Ferngully haha
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Banned User

I totally agree, i hated Avatar and John Carter

• Ryan

To each their own and I totally respect ones opinion and outlook. We see things in two different ways and thats what makes America great.

But on the other side of the coin I could digest Marvel in my face a lot more than Avatar and John Carter...in fact Avatar to me...was NOT that great of a movie. It was the story of Pocahantus and Ferngully haha
    Yeah. I guess it's visiting Pandora that seems cool to me, just not visiting Avatar Land brought to you by the world of James Cameron sponsored by Enegizer. And John Carter was awful, but Barsoom was awesome. It's the places, not the characters. Just like Fronierland is similar to the world of Davy Crockett but it isn't exactly, do you get what I am saying?

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    I totally agree, i hated Avatar and John Carter
    same coming from my critic side, but from my imagineer side all i see is possibilities

• Banned User

Both worlds are great visually but are lacking in depth, which is a big negitive for me.

This. I think too many people think that Marvel ends at the Avengers and Spider-man..
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    Yeah. I guess it's visiting Pandora that seems cool to me, just not visiting Avatar Land brought to you by the world of James Cameron sponsored by Enegizer. And John Carter was awful, but Barsoom was awesome. It's the places, not the characters. Just like Fronierland is similar to the world of Davy Crockett but it isn't exactly, do you get what I am saying?

Well, that's what's great about the Marvel Universe. Many of the places, characters and stories overlap one another. You could have a nicely themed New York area with SHIELD Headquarters (The Avengers), Xavier Institute (The X-Men), Stark Tower (Iron Man), Baxter Building (The Fantastic Four) and even more. It would be cohesively amazing and look how many properties that covers. Does it mean there will be an attraction for each? Not at all. Stark Tower can be a facade for a shawarma eatery.

I know it's easy to assume Marvel is limited, but it's really not. Do a little research and check out all these features of the Marvel Universe: Features of the Marvel Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There are a ton of possibilites at the Imagineers' disposal.

A Marvel park might be the first one in history to immerse us in an entirely different DIMENSION. That's exciting.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No...no Disneyland has lands based around idea that let you go in many different directions

Look at Fantasyland...its got its a Small world..the Matterhon..Dumbo...Peter Pan ALL very different rides

Even Critter Country has Pooh and Song of the south...two different movies based in two different places yet it still works

If you make Waknda a land..then it has a story we cant change..you make the Mysteries Jungle...you can make a Panther ride along with anything else

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast