Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

Big time sigh. This is what they were trying to say you didn't get, which you're clearly not. As of now Marvel's base is no longer just boys teens and young men. AS of Avengers it's one of the most popular properties in all demographs!

• Banned User

From E! Online - Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity News

"2. Women Mattered: Among the Marvel Studios movies leading up to The Avengers, the new film, written and directed by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon, scored the largest female opening-weekend crowd (40 percent) since Iron Man 2.

3. Theaters Were Packed All Day Long: The demographic breakdowns showed The Avengers clicked with virtually everyone. That meant families kept seats warm in the daytime, young adults and teens moved in later, and couples out on date nights dominated the evening business."

If they were able to swing this with a film, I'm confident they can swing this with a theme park. Look at Cars Land! Certain people still whine about how it's mainly aimed at little boys, but look how popular it is with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Which is why I said the global population was interested. It's just going in circles, at this point, so forgive me for not delving to the same arguments that happened barely 3 pages ago.

HOWEVER....

How can you say Marvel will be big for another 20 years? You do know that Spiderman was created in the 60s, yet there's a movie bound to rake in the dough coming out this week? They already did a Spiderman trilogy less than a decade ago, each of which remain in the top 50 grossing films of all time. Captain America, created in the 40s, had a successful movie release of it's own and another as an Avenger. Batman was a successful TV show in the 60s, had a few successful film releases in the 90s and every MORE successful film releases within the last decade. The same with Fantastic Four. The same with X-men. Not to mention, how many of these movies/properties/characters have already 'been done' through film, animated TV shows, video games, etc.? And yet, there are still thrilling, exciting, new ways to draw new generations in with film, Animated TV shows, video games, etc. Now, they'll hopefully add 'theme park' to that list.

Everyone who keeps saying superheroes are on their way out, that they won't last, that they'll lose interest. NEWSFLASH: You're wrong. Superheroes have been around for 50+ years and public interest still hasn't waned. Educate yourself:

List of films based on Marvel Comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    List of television series based on Marvel Comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    List of video games based on Marvel comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Marvel Books - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As someone whose father grew up with X-Men and now very much enjoys the entire movie series, I have to agree completely with this.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Which is why I said the global population was interested. It's just going in circles, at this point, so forgive me for not delving to the same arguments that happened barely 3 pages ago.

HOWEVER....

How can you say Marvel will be big for another 20 years? You do know that Spiderman was created in the 60s, yet there's a movie bound to rake in the dough coming out this week? They already did a Spiderman trilogy less than a decade ago, each of which remain in the top 50 grossing films of all time. Captain America, created in the 40s, had a successful movie release of it's own and another as an Avenger. Batman was a successful TV show in the 60s, had a few successful film releases in the 90s and every MORE successful film releases within the last decade. The same with Fantastic Four. The same with X-men. Not to mention, how many of these movies/properties/characters have already 'been done' through film, animated TV shows, video games, etc.? And yet, there are still thrilling, exciting, new ways to draw new generations in with film, Animated TV shows, video games, etc. Now, they'll hopefully add 'theme park' to that list.

Everyone who keeps saying superheroes are on their way out, that they won't last, that they'll lose interest. NEWSFLASH: You're wrong. Superheroes have been around for 50+ years and public interest still hasn't waned. Educate yourself:

List of films based on Marvel Comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    List of television series based on Marvel Comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    List of video games based on Marvel comics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Marvel Books - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    They have BOOMED now...not before....Spiderman 1 started the dawn of the true love of Super Hero's to the masses

And 20 years is not on the way out at all....I'm just saying really how many times can Spiderman and Batman tell the same origin story and get as much money as they make now?

Marvel is cool..but heck if my dad would care about going into that park...If you are a smart company you don't make a WHOLE based off one idea...heck even Potter got just a land

Also if its going to be sooo big..then why not just a land...leave room to expand and if they REALLY need more rides based off the characters slowly add more and more over time. Placing all your eggs in one basket for not reason is just silly when Marvel has yet to proven the "biggest" and best for the theme park world

• Ryan

Movies don't DEFY fanbases. AT ALL. People who hate movies have to see those movies somehow, so yes they are contributing to the success. My family was in town and the buzz on the street was Avengers was good so we ALL saw it. Now we are all fans?

Marvel is missing an average fan. They have really hardcore fans, and some milder ones, but they are missing a key one. EVERYONE knows about Harry Potter whether they like it or not. EVERYONE knows about Disney whether they like it or not. Not everyone knows about Marvel and it's charachters, it's mostly secluded to its fan base.

My brother, apart of this Marvel "demographic" said after the movie: "So did that America guy just replace superman?" And I had to correct him. To him, and to most people, it was just a great action movie with heroes and conflict. I'm sure a majority of those numbers were from people that didn't even know what was going on.

Plus, it helps when you have multiple fanbases(hulk, iron man, captain America) combine to make an epic film.

• Non-Minion

Ugh...I'm washing my hands of this thread. This argument is stale and going nowhere, when a Park based on the Marvel Universe gets announced don't be too surprised
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Banned User

actually superheroes boomed in 78 with Superman and they haven't gone anywhere. You can believe what you want and drive this thread in circles but the fact is that the fanbase is huge and a Marvel park will be a hit and if done well will be a hit for a long time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    They have BOOMED now...not before....Spiderman 1 started the dawn of the true love of Super Hero's to the masses
    Seriously? I just gave you several sources of comic book related media over the years and you're still going to claim that the 'true love of super heros' began in 2002? Forget the Batman TV show of the 60s, The Spiderman TV show of the 70s, the Incredible Hulk series of the 70s, the Wonder Woman series of the 70s, the Superman movies of the late 70s and even forget about the Batman movies of the 90s. Spiderman started it all, in 2002?

I'm with christanAdam, bye bye.

• Ryan

I just want to see something original.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

And 20 years is not on the way out at all....I'm just saying really how many times can Spiderman and Batman tell the same origin story and get as much money as they make now?

Marvel is cool..but heck if my dad would care about going into that park...If you are a smart company you don't make a WHOLE based off one idea...heck even Potter got just a land

Also if its going to be sooo big..then why not just a land...leave room to expand and if they REALLY need more rides based off the characters slowly add more and more over time. Placing all your eggs in one basket for not reason is just silly when Marvel has yet to proven the "biggest" and best for the theme park world
    I beg to differ, there has been popular Spiderman TV series, a very popular Hulk TV series, a Captain America TV series, the list goes on and on. Marvel has been popular for over 4 decades.

I'm about to agree with Brenden and ChristanAdam, the points we're making, its like they're bouncing off brick walls and all you guys can see is the success of the movies within the recent decade.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

I'm a little iffy towards the Marvel park, BUT, I am very open because I abolutely love Marvel. I'm female, by the way. If they do it right, this park will be so sick and people will flock to it. Marvel most likely won't be dying off, in regards to popularity so I have no doubt this park would be popular.
    Last edited by jasmineray; 07-03-2012 at 12:01 PM.

People do realize that this is about the last large piece of land for the disneyland resort, right??? Yes I'm sure this could be a pretty cool park, especially being a huge super heroes fan. Though I would hate to see this take over an entire park.. especially at disneyland, just doesn't feel disney enough to get its own park. Especially it being the last available land.

• Banned User

I honestly can't think of any better way to round out our little resort down here. It's an awesome idea to really provide an expierance which isn't found anywhere at any of the other disney parks, really even the world.

• Banned User

A third park on the Toy Story lot...yes. But a Marvel theme? Sweet Fancy Moses hell no!!!

Funny. After reading through this thread again and one from a while ago. A lot of people are opposed to the idea of Disney placing Marvel into either of the existing parks. The same people are opposed to the idea of them getting their own. I really hope this Marvel gate comes to fruition and I know I'll thoroughly enjoy it when it does.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation