Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021
Results 301 to 308 of 308
  1. #301

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    Well sorry to hear for them but the folks I know are the opposite. Now I avoided this thread for the simple reason that we've had these arguments almost monthly but the reality is now becoming more possible that what we thought would never be COULD be.
    A Marvel only park can work. Did anyone here REALLY think a California themed park would work? Incredibly vague but it can be done and has been done. Yes it needed help but it happened. Marvel is highly rich in material. could it use a sprinkle of help from other propeties? well sure but I believe it can stand on it's own.

    Business politics aside, I don't get what's not to love? (Well I do know after going though pages so no need to answer this)

    ...As I see it
    I can say the opposite...my friends would think a land is cool...but never pay 80 bucks for just Marvel.....and the fact that it would most likely is off site makes it where you say...ok today do we go to Marveland or DCA and Disneyland...

    I'd say make MANY hooks to draw people...an Original land for classic Disney fans...Marvel land for many comic fans and the younger generation....maybe a Star Wars subland.....and then make a land for all those classic Disney movies (and lost idea's) for rides at Disneyland we could never see because of space issue not because they were bad attractions

    I really think Marvel fans are thinking of a land as small...when I think of a Marvel land...its as big as the Pier but without water in the middle...I think thats enough space for like 4 big attractions and 4 small ones

  2. #302

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    ...A Marvel only park can work. Did anyone here REALLY think a California themed park would work? Incredibly vague but it can be done and has been done. Yes it needed help but it happened. Marvel is highly rich in material. could it use a sprinkle of help from other propeties? well sure but I believe it can stand on it's own.
    I'd argue that DCA can hardly be cited as a model for the success of a Marvel-only park: the only thing DCA has proved for certain is that it was a financial failure for a decade. Its billion dollar facelift opened just weeks ago, and is years from proving if it has sufficient staying power to attract enough customers over the long haul to have justified its price tag.

    There's no doubt that Marvel comics are highly rich in material. The doubt is about the breadth of the material's appeal to the general public (outside of the narrow range of Marvel box office hits), and Disney's ability to successfully adapt Marvel comics to the medium of theme parks in a way that resonates with mass audiences (a very different task than recreating a movie in a theme park, as in Carsland).

    Disney spending over $4 billion on Marvel, then opening a Marvel-only park, would be the media marketing equivalent of a Hail Mary pass. Its riskiness alone would disqualify it for consideration by Disney's creatively conservative management. After a quarter century of taking nothing but sure bets, they're not about to spend a dime doing anything that isn't a pre-proven money maker. Forget Punisher, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Black Cat and Guardians of the Galaxy -- if it isn't a hit movie, or more likely, a hit movie franchise and a major merchandise generator, Disney isn't going to develop it in a theme park, much less in a Marvel-only theme park.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  3. #303

    • Ryan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    410

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Yeah, obviously people supporting a Marvel park are biased because they love all things Marvel. Which is fine! But you have to think business and strategy as well.

  4. #304

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    475

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Just like I don't love all things Disney, I don't love "all things Marvel" but am in support of a Marvel gate.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets


  5. #305

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    Yeah, obviously people supporting a Marvel park are biased because they love all things Marvel. Which is fine! But you have to think business and strategy as well.
    If loving "all things Marvel" means also loving Howard the Duck, then I definitely do not love "all things Marvel". I would, however be in support of an all Marvel park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  6. #306

    • Ryan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    410

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    You guys are over looking it. I will re word it.

    People who like Marvel obviously are in support of this park.

    There. It honestly is a simple duh statement. No need to twist it.

  7. #307

    • Hot FIRE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tomorrowland
    Posts
    265

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I can say the opposite...my friends would think a land is cool...but never pay 80 bucks for just Marvel.....and the fact that it would most likely is off site makes it where you say...ok today do we go to Marveland or DCA and Disneyland...

    I'd say make MANY hooks to draw people...an Original land for classic Disney fans...Marvel land for many comic fans and the younger generation....maybe a Star Wars subland.....and then make a land for all those classic Disney movies (and lost idea's) for rides at Disneyland we could never see because of space issue not because they were bad attractions

    I really think Marvel fans are thinking of a land as small...when I think of a Marvel land...its as big as the Pier but without water in the middle...I think thats enough space for like 4 big attractions and 4 small ones
    I desire a full theme park and still stand by what I said about it being that it CAN live on being a Marvel only park BUT I'm not against sprinkling in other elements as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I'd argue that DCA can hardly be cited as a model for the success of a Marvel-only park: the only thing DCA has proved for certain is that it was a financial failure for a decade. Its billion dollar facelift opened just weeks ago, and is years from proving if it has sufficient staying power to attract enough customers over the long haul to have justified its price tag.
    But that was my point, do we believe that a California themed park can be successful? well as you said it's not really an answer that can be given still because we're waiting and seeing with DCA BUT if that vague of a theme can be done for a theme park, why not Marvel?

    I'm just going to optimistic on this because it's a concept that is new for Disney and I'd love to see it happen.

    ...As I see it

  8. #308

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I desire a full theme park and still stand by what I said about it being that it CAN live on being a Marvel only park BUT I'm not against sprinkling in other elements as well.



    But that was my point, do we believe that a California themed park can be successful? well as you said it's not really an answer that can be given still because we're waiting and seeing with DCA BUT if that vague of a theme can be done for a theme park, why not Marvel?

    I'm just going to optimistic on this because it's a concept that is new for Disney and I'd love to see it happen.

    ...As I see it
    I'm sure it could work....but it would not draw as many people as a park that appeals to more audiences then Just the people who like Marvel...and heck even then many people who like say the Ironman might not even care about making the trip...while you have 4 lands...each for a different demographic then you draw in at least twice as many people to come and keep coming to the land.

    Just saying Marvel is not a theme like Tomorrowland or Frontierland...its a theme like Bugsland or Mermaid land (in Tokyo) and those aren't the main draw to the parks

    Carsland is poplar now but in a few years...you'll see it die down to normal lines like Space...or Indy

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Similar Threads

  1. Marvel Theme Park - Opening Summer 2011
    By JMora in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:25 AM
  2. [News] Marvel Theme Park - Summer 2011
    By JMora in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 03:39 PM
  3. Marvel theme park set for Dubai - Variety 3/21/07
    By ALIASd in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 08:23 AM
  5. Ideas for a third park?
    By misterp102778 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 08:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •