Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Re: Third Park to be Marvel Theme?

I'm not sure about anybody else, even after reading through all the reasons as to why they should build it, I have a very bad feeling about the park.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Banned User

It definitely could go very wrong...DCA anyone?

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    It definitely could go very wrong...DCA anyone?
    Id like to think they learned their lesson with DCA
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

this seems way to shallow. i could see a marvel land in a third gate but not a whole theme park for one thing. if you want to expand a marvel theme park then there's no surprise on what the section or ride will be about.

• Banned User

Well my thread got buried so i'll post this here

My general idea for a Marvel park:

Lands –
    Manhattan: As the entrance to the park the force perspective cityscape would be the home of heros, with such stops as the Daily Bugle and the Baxter Building.

Asgard: Asgard would sit as the parks crown jewel and “Weenie” of the park. With a beautiful rainbow bridge and fantastical landscaping, the land would pop. A Thor themed attraction would be the big e-ticket her. A large store named as Odin’s Armory would have nice nods to the films and comics.

Secret Island: A stable of many comic stories is the secret island, villains and heros alike enjoy their privacy. I think a Hulk themed attraction would be awesome here as his destructive force would be contained on the island. Also I think Black Panter and perhaps some villains could make their home here. A big underwater resturant themed to Namor’s Palace

X-Mansion: The home of the x-men would be secluded from the rest of the park where we can visit the mutants in their own environment where they can cut loose. An attraction themed to the X-jet would be perfect here.

World War 2/Allied Camp: This would be a smaller area home for Captain America set in the 40’s during his fight against the Nazi’s and the Red Skull. Walt always liked to acknowledge our challenges and I think a land covering WW2 would be awesome.

Stark Expo: The Stark Expo would be tomorrowland on crack. I would love to see marvel’s brightest minds (Hank Pym, Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, Tony Stark) brought together to experiment with the technology of the future.

S.H.E.I.L.D.: Near the waters of the Secret Island the S.H.E.I.L.D. helacarrier monitors the activities of Supers.

Just a quick musing on what I’d like to see from the Marvel Park, What do you want to see?

I was think about attractions for Hulk and I think it would be awesome to do something similar to Alien Encounter and Tower of Terror. Something where everyone sits in a lab to see a Gamma radiation test and in true Disney fashion something goes wrong releasing the Hulk. He proceeds to destroy the lab causing it to drop and shake. Either Hulk or another hero would intercede and save the audience.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I said this in the other thread but feel the argument bears repeating, so please excuse my copy/paste.

I'll answer you both since you both asked it. "Why a park only Marvel?"

I say "Why not?" Marvel has more than enough different completly opposite contrasting, extreme and basicaly 'different' properties from each other that you could make a whole marvel park based on these things and you would never know that they were all actual Marvel properties.

Thats the thing, people think of Marvel, what do they think? Avengers, spidermen X-men, and yes those franchises are all centralized in New England in the United stats (New York to be exact) so people go "How could those possibly be a park being as they're only in the New York.

But those of us that follow the comics know better, they know that Marvel comics spans from North America, to Europe, to Africa and Asia, from the North Pole to the South Pole and to the Moon and further, further beyond. And to even outside of the known Universe.

To base Marvel only on what is known by the mainstream knowledge of its characters based in New York, you miss out on the Technologicaly advanced yet still Tribal country of Wakanda, the primeaval oasis in the Artic that is the Savage Lands, the otherworldy homeland of Scientific exploration that gave rise to the Inhumans such as the Blue Area of the Moon, the intergalactic homeworlds of the Krees or Skrulls or even the Worldship of the Planet Devouring cosmic entity of Galactus. The techno/magical realm of Asgard and its 9 worlds.

I could go on all day about the many different worlds that Marvel comics has explored, each one unique as the next thats not "New York City"

Thats what people dont unerstand, and frankly dont need to enjoy, if a Marvel park would make people explore through the comics these places, its a bonus, but if these places are made the right way to capture the imagination, it doesnt matter.

And thats why is say a park can be "Only Marvel"
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

wait, wait, wait.... so a park can be "Only Disney" but not "Only Marvel"?? If there's anything comparable to Disney, it's Marvel. Marvel has just as vast and diverse, if not more, a roster than Disney does!

Someone said a few pages back that they question the longevity of these characters, specifically the Avengers, as they are more easily forgotten and are not "timeless" like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Although he's not in the original band of Avengers, I do believe your friendly neighborhood Spider-man debuted prior to Star Wars and guess what, the web-head is still around. He has a new movie coming out next week!

Not to mention, these super-hero movies have been dominating the box office whenever they make it to the screens. You can't honestly sit there and tell me that it's just a male wide audience that is attributing to those numbers, can you?

Marvel has an audience and it's a big one. I hope they build this park.
    Learn How To Lose Fat Without Dieting Ever Again! --> http://www.theantidietsecrets.com

Spider-man and X-Men are almost 50years old and are still going strong. Captain America is around 70 years old and making movies. You can not say Marvel characters will be forgotten in several years. A Marvel park will last a very long time

---------- Post added 06-27-2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    wait, wait, wait.... so a park can be "Only Disney" but not "Only Marvel"?? If there's anything comparable to Disney, it's Marvel. Marvel has just as vast and diverse, if not more, a roster than Disney does!

Someone said a few pages back that they question the longevity of these characters, specifically the Avengers, as they are more easily forgotten and are not "timeless" like Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Although he's not in the original band of Avengers, I do believe your friendly neighborhood Spider-man debuted prior to Star Wars and guess what, the web-head is still around. He has a new movie coming out next week!

Not to mention, these super-hero movies have been dominating the box office whenever they make it to the screens. You can't honestly sit there and tell me that it's just a male wide audience that is attributing to those numbers, can you?

Marvel has an audience and it's a big one. I hope they build this park.
    And of all ages and both sexes, right?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Marvel park would be awesome. But it would be better if they could kinda make it, like, a kind-of sci-fi/tomorrowland/epcot thing still centered around comic book characters. They could also bring in other old forgoten things (IF THEY BUY/GET THE RIGHTS, it would totally be awesome) like Star Trek or add DC characters in.

Actually, now that I've typed this out, it seems like a lame idea.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Spider-man and X-Men are almost 50years old and are still going strong. Captain America is around 70 years old and making movies. You can not say Marvel characters will be forgotten in several years. A Marvel park will last a very long time

---------- Post added 06-27-2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

And of all ages and both sexes, right?
    Do you really think only 18-30 year old males made the Avengers movie 1.4 billion? I know quite a lot of female fans personally.
    -Dr. Strange

• Ryan

But the problem is, once it is just a marvel park, there isn't that much you could do with it. It needs a general theme, something you could make original attractions off of. Read this if you like: How to Make A Marvel Park Without Just Marvel It has a map of what I would think would work, and it incorporates many themes of adventure and heroes. Check it out! Thanks!

• Banned User

I agree about the more general theme, but i also think a Marvel park could be amazing

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    But the problem is, once it is just a marvel park, there isn't that much you could do with it. It needs a general theme, something you could make original attractions off of. Read this if you like: How to Make A Marvel Park Without Just Marvel It has a map of what I would think would work, and it incorporates many themes of adventure and heroes. Check it out! Thanks!

I dissagree with that, I believe a Marvel only park wouldnt be as limited as people believe it to be. Theres a lot of marvel that's not common knowledge to the masses that might appeal to them. I also disagree they need other properties to prop them up
    -Dr. Strange

• Non-Minion

Since we're all posting things from other threads I will again post my #1 reason that Disney WILL capitalize on the Marvel/Comic boom that continues to grow stronger every year.

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    If I'm not mistaken it was said that the land is close to the Anaheim convention center, right?

And if after this new contract in San Diego expires and we fail to expand our current Convention Center, Comic-Con is going to walk away.

So If there is a Third Gate dedicated to Marvel, built by the Convention Center, and Anaheim became the NEW location for Comic-Con...you just struck gold
    and I know Wren mentioned that Wondercon was held at the Anaheim convention center. So right now Southern California is slowly becoming the Mecca of Comics and Nerds...they need a place to call home too
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Do you really think only 18-30 year old males made the Avengers movie 1.4 billion? I know quite a lot of female fans personally.
    I was going to mention that most Avenger fans I encounter are female. Just go to Tumblr, if you need evidence.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast