Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone Else Collecting All Buena Vista Street Newspaper Volumes?

I asked a cast member who hands out newspapers when the next volume should be out. I already collected around 30+ Issue 1 Volume 1's, hoping they become collectors items as time goes on. He said they should be releasing the next volume August. It's a monthly newspaper rather than a daily one.

Just as a curious show of hands, anyone else collecting them all? Or is it just me?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Re: Anyone Else Collecting All Buena Vista Street Newspaper Volumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I asked a cast member who hands out newspapers when the next volume should be out. I already collected around 30+ Issue 1 Volume 1's, hoping they become collectors items as time goes on. He said they should be releasing the next volume August. It's a monthly newspaper rather than a daily one.

Just as a curious show of hands, anyone else collecting them all? Or is it just me?
    I am but I'm not sure how they are going to keep changing it up. It seems like they covered every DCA story in the first volume...

With August steadily approaching, only time will tell what they will cover in the next issue.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I hope that they keep the issues quartely. I would hope when I get there last Summer that the same issue that you all bought is the same one I get.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

They're free ya know! My stack is now up to 50 due to a recent trip. Watch, many years later I could put them up on ebay or frame them, telling grandchildren," I was there when it happened...it was beautiful "

• Banned User

You know it never occured to me that they would be different issues of the paper, but if its more I would love it! The first issue was really cool and very Disney! I just love seeing people reading it in line or sitting at a bench or table at BVS! Pretty cool.

But I guess they could do it quarterly, at least the first year. They could expand it by having editorial columns written by a 'character' in DCA like Oswald or Mater. More food reviews of different eateries, maybe a bigger cartoon section, make up fictional stories like about one of the citizens of BVS, etc. And of course there will be new shows and events to promote like the Halloween and Xmas stuff. So will be curious to see what they do past summer or will it just be the same edition.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I am! I only have one copy so far that managed to get bent. I told my GF to put it in her very large bag/purse to keep it in mint condition and uh... yeah, that didn't happen. I'm going again tomorrow though and will try to keep these crisp. Or maybe the bent and ruffled texture will give it more character, eh?

Anywho, I reckon they'll have a new one out every season (which would be quarterly). I want to collect them for at least the first 10 volumes and sell it maybe in 20-30 years as a set. I imagine they could go for 10 bucks each by that time, 100 bucks a set. Might be a pipedream but it's worth a shot!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ok, good, it would be monthly. I was wondering how often they would be coming out. What happened to the July issue?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Don't forget to go into Chamber of Commerce and they will stamp the date on it for you!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    Don't forget to go into Chamber of Commerce and they will stamp the date on it for you!
    Sweet!! Bummer I didn't know that before I left yesterday. It's okay, I'll try that again the next time I go.

I was thinking the same thing about it possibly being a collector's item. Either way, I was attracted to it being the first edition so I would want to keep one anyhow

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    BasilofBakerStreet: Is there a special disney stamp with the date you visited? Do you have any pictures? I'm really curious.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

^ Its just a regular date stamp, nothing fancy. They place it to the right on the same line as the Volume and Issue is locate.

I forgot to get a paper on the 15th, so I got one on the 16th. A plaid was standing there and told me they could stamp it with the date. I went in and asked the CM if he could stamp it of the 15th and he did. Its a good little keepsake and nice to have a date of the time you went.

In a way its like when I keep parking passes or fast passes for special date like my Birthday or the first date I had with my girlfriend at Disneyland.

• Please pull the yellowtab

That's a really great idea to commemorate DCA's re-opening. I'm going to try getting the next edition stamped for sure. Thanks for the handy information BasilofBakerStreet!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Ok, good, it would be monthly. I was wondering how often they would be coming out. What happened to the July issue?
    The facebook page updated yesterday that a new issue is out now. The front page is talking about glow with the show.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    The facebook page updated yesterday that a new issue is out now. The front page is talking about glow with the show.
    I am KICKING myself because by the time I became aware of their existence, the second issue was out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast