Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skyway to DCA

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Skyway to DCA

It could be a multi person ski gondola, with a guide taking you from Grizzly Peak to the Matterhorn.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Zepplins are good too, but remember those pesky power lines at DCA.

Okay. Because we're talking about the skyway... I'm not sure that a skyway would be good between parks. It would be hard to theme, and I'm already bummed by the monorail taking me over backstage parts of the park. (If they weren't visible I wouldn't have a problem.)

An idea I've had for awhile is to have the park build a skyway from Condor Flats, over (and around) Grizzly Peak, over and around the water at Paradise Pier where you have a landing spot. The idea being two different "cars" running on the same cable system

The first: Hang Gliders.
    Passengers lay down and are quickly harnessed into hanggliders, each with beautiful colors and designs. The Hang Gliders would not just travel at one height, but would dip and rise around the mountain, dipping down near the obverservation and fall section of Grizzyl Peak, rising to circle around it, and then along the pier, when it traveled over the water, plastic boxes (like those being used for the future Submarine Ride) would then contain images of water based characters: Dory, Little Mermaid, Sebastian, as well as california costal marine life and tidal pools. The boxes would only be visible to people on this ride. Durning one part a wave could be made that comes dangerous close to getting the riders wet, with some spray misting the riders.

The second, follows the same cables and the same up down movement, but is instead a handicap accessable Air Balloon with glass bottom. The balloon would be brightly colored and more rare, perhaps 1 out of every 5 "Cars". The balloon would see all the show features installed in the Paradise Body of Water (What is it?) Allowing Handicap riders a similar experience.

This would add two more flying objects to the flight themed section of DCA, use the empty space in Paradise Pier to create some more disney magic, as well as bring some more flavor to Paradise Pier. (Those near the california ocean can attest to seeing both Hot Air Balloons and Hang Gliders.)

To Disneyfy the experience even more the ride could be hosted (narrated) by several Disney Characters: Scuttle (Little Mermaid Seagull, right?) Nigel (Pelican from Finding Nemo), The Mice From The Resucers, or other flighted characters.

So... now that I kind of rambling pitched it? Would you ride it? Think it's possible? Comments?

• Carousel Theater Host

Sad to say, there isn't any room in the Main Entrance Esplanade for a Skyway system, Peoplemover system, or any other type of transportation between Disneyland and DCA.

The idea is nice, but with the necessary means and requirements of ADA, and the problem with theming (a sky bucket ride over Main Street?), Disneyland just doesn't have the room.

The guest flow to get onto the skyway would be ineffectual, with long wait times. Remember the original Skyway? It was more often than not faster to simply walk between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Yes, I was sad to see the original Skyway go. Yes, I would love to see it come back, but not in this fashion. The only problem with putting a sky bucket ride in at DCA is the visual intrusion it would have on Main Street. I already wince when looking out on Main Street, and I can see the Maliboomer and the Sun Wheel in the background.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

I really like the people mover idea!!!
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123