Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyway to DCA

• Minion

Skyway to DCA

Why not bring back the Skyway, but as a passage between Disneyland and DCA, for those with appropriate admission? It might provide some incentive for Hopper purchases...

There should be some some fun transporation between parks to fully integrate the resort (Monorail station too for that matter). Right now it's such a hassle to go in and out if one is so inclined. I know I would be more inclined to visit DCA if there were a Skyway ride.

If they did this, where would be a good site for the two stations?

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Skyway to DCA

No. Too expensive (especially since it won't be like the system that they used to have since it would have to be wheelchair accessible) and if they wanted a new transportation system, I'm sure that putting in a monorail station at DCA is way higher on the priority list.

It wouldn't bring in any revenue (good lord, don't know where you pulled that out from) and also it just be a huge yearly revenue loser... not to mention the pain in the *** it would be if it ever broke down. Most likely, it would not be an "incentive" for more Park Hoppers because right now the only ticket that you can buy that isn't already Park Hopper is a "1-Day, 1-Park" ticket.

Cute... but bad idea.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 12-31-2005 at 02:49 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Why not bring back the Skyway, but as a passage between Disneyland and DCA, for those with appropriate admission? It might provide some incentive for Hopper purchases...

There should be some some fun transporation between parks to fully integrate the resort (Monorail station too for that matter). Right now it's such a hassle to go in and out if one is so inclined. I know I would be more inclined to visit DCA if there were a Skyway ride.

If they did this, where would be a good site for the two stations?
    I think a good station area in DCA would be somewhere in that themed land area that has "Soarin" in it. Do you guys know the name of the themed area that I am talking about???

But in D-Land, just re-open up the original boarding station if it is possible.

• Minion

From Tomorrowland, over the backstage area, the berm and esplanade, so as not to be seen from Main Street?

•   
    • Minion

I thought it was a mistake not to have the monorail go around DCA... I am sticking to that statement by the way...

A fully enclosed Gondola sky way system should be imployed in DL... Extending it out to DCA is not particularly bad idea, but not exactly the greatest either...

Sometimes I wonder if they should just illiminate the one day one park ticket altogether... But it would make more sense to keep it around and discount it for admission into DCA...
    Check out my other blog:

• Hooterville, USA

Don't stop there, add the Peoplemover to that list too! It might generate some attendance at DCA.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Don't stop there, add the Peoplemover to that list too! It might generate some attendance at DCA.
    Now that would be a good idea!

• Long Distance Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    Now that would be a good idea!
    I agree, in fact I had the same thought on another thread!

• Disneyland Freak

I really like the idea, actually, but I'm not sure if it would really work .
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• The one, the only...

I like the idea of the Skyway connecting to DCA.

Marc Davis said that the original Imagineers sat around trying to think of creative ways to move people around the park. Going from one place to another can be fun and practical at the same time.

A Skyway would not demand a lot of track to be produced either.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I think a good station area in DCA would be somewhere in that themed land area that has "Soarin" in it. Do you guys know the name of the themed area that I am talking about???

But in D-Land, just re-open up the original boarding station if it is possible.
    The land you're thinking about is Condor Flats I believe. Anyways, from that land over Downtown Disney/Entry Plaza, over and between Indiana Jones and Pirates show building, over backstage, over Adventureland/ New Orleans, over Frontierland, then to Fantasyland SKyway Station. No, sorry, I don't see it happening. I don't see any way a Skyway or PeopleMover will ever connect the two parks.

I don't think a Monorail circling around the park will work either. I thought that's what they were going to do originally. But I don't see it happening now or ever.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i would love this! i don't see it happening, but i think it would be awesome! i can't believe they didn't build a monorail station in DCA. i guess that would be the first place to start.
    <o>

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I like the idea of the Skyway connecting to DCA.
    A Skyway would not demand a lot of track to be produced either.
    Track? Wheelchair access makes it highly improbable they need special cars and a separate loading area for it.Though it wouldn't be too hard to do.what percentage of guest are in wheelchairs?10 or so cars available is all they should really need.You know some punks in them would spit down below on people.I'm sure it happened before.They have to be totally glass incased.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i would love this! i don't see it happening, but i think it would be awesome! i can't believe they didn't build a monorail station in DCA. i guess that would be the first place to start.
    That would require Common Sense.Plus extra CMs to check passes.AHA,there lies the rub cha-ching

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I thought it was a mistake not to have the monorail go around DCA... I am sticking to that statement by the way...

A fully enclosed Gondola sky way system should be imployed in DL... Extending it out to DCA is not particularly bad idea, but not exactly the greatest either...

Sometimes I wonder if they should just illiminate the one day one park ticket altogether... But it would make more sense to keep it around and discount it for admission into DCA...
    Make DCA a $25 regular ticket or $15 with hopper ticket.I guarantee attendance would go up.Maybe they can make up money in sales elsewhere.

The long term is still more and better rides.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast