Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Re: Tony Baxter's New Project for Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    WTF does Oz have to do with Frintierland?
    Sigh. It's been discussed before. Oz wouldn't be part of Frontierland, I never said that. WTF????? It would be a new land. The transition from Frontierland to Kansas, Oz to Fantasyland is a perfect one.

• Insomniac

^^Serioulsy people still think they are going to make it a whole land in the small building pad? Maybe if they didn't build any rides at all there would be room but I see no way they could do this. Oz is another rumor fans created just because they saw that another Oz movie was coming out. I've heard multiple insiders say it is not in the plans, I've seen no evidence that would lead me to believe that Oz will be a blockbuster hit, I've seen nothing at all that makes sense! What I have seen is rumors of a Lone Ranger ride, room for a very large ride show building, snippets from Tony Bacter that seem to suggest Lone Ranger (this is not the first time he's mentioned this), and a franchise that Disney has high expectations for (seriously Johnny Depp in Lone Ranger vs James Franco? Really which one do you think Disney has more faith in?).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Serioulsy people still think they are going to make it a whole land in the small building pad? Maybe if they didn't build any rides at all there would be room but I see no way they could do this. Oz is another rumor fans created just because they saw that another Oz movie was coming out. I've heard multiple insiders say it is not in the plans, I've seen no evidence that would lead me to believe that Oz will be a blockbuster hit, I've seen nothing at all that makes sense! What I have seen is rumors of a Lone Ranger ride, room for a very large ride show building, snippets from Tony Bacter that seem to suggest Lone Ranger (this is not the first time he's mentioned this), and a franchise that Disney has high expectations for (seriously Johnny Depp in Lone Ranger vs James Franco? Really which one do you think Disney has more faith in?).
    Not to mention that SWATH isn't doing anywhere near the number Alice did (boasting the same producer), and this is the same producer as Oz too. He has less of a blockbuster track record then the Johnny Depp, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Gore Verbinski trio have. Why would Kansas even make sense as a land? that just doesn't add up to me. Lone Ranger actually makes sense. There's also the fact of space to keep in mind, there isn't much for a land vs what 1 attraction would take
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• 2 shots on the rocks.

There's plenty of room. It's been discussed over and over.
    If they could build Discovery Bay, which I'd rather have, the can surely build a whole land themed to Oz.

• Insomniac

Maybe they could, but they aren't going to.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Anything but Lone Ranger. Yuck.

• Minion

Just throwing it out there, but OZ and Discovery Bay would be really fun to visit. Like really really fun. And Since this next project my be Baxters last hoorah, why doesn't Disney give him full control over Disneyland resorts third gate.

• Banned User

Oz is a bizarre idea. That rumor needs to die. It's far from a perfect fit, as people seem to think.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Oz is a bizarre idea. That rumor needs to die. It's far from a perfect fit, as people seem to think.
    Agreed! Why would Disney force fit a franchise that so far in Disney's track record been mediocre at best when they have a franchise that they are hoping will be a huge hit that fits perfectly? Oz isn't happening period end of discussion.

• Minion

I've been so out of the loop that I've missed the OZ conversations! I know some company developed the idea of building an OZ theme park in Kansas. And in another instance, the MGM grand was going to have an OZ theme park element to it.

And in regards to Disney, MGM(now SONY) only has the rights to one book while Walt Disney, on the other hand, acquired the rights to 12 others!

Okay I wont get into the OZ conversation since it's been talked about already. I'm done.

• Banned User

It's actually the new avatar attraction he's referring to

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I would love a Lone Ranger attraction. Especially if it is a new take on Western River Expedition.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Banned User

Man lone ranger would be an amazing addition. And whoever said baxter is a yes man doesn't know his history. He's took some insane risks and the park is better for them. TL98 was not baxter's fault but a result of his hands being tied by suits.

Although fronteerland desperately needs an expansion i would rather see a tomorrowland overhaul.

I think it would be great(if not somewhat ironic) if Disney let Baxter create Western River Expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    I jokingly asked him, "So are you ever going to be allowed to fix Frontierland or Tomorrowland?
    To which he replied "As a matter of fact, we've got some big plans for Frontierland that are depending on the success of an upcoming movie, and I'll just leave it at that"
    I would have to say that is fairly worrying. There have been too many great ride ideas that were scrapped because the movie didn't do well. In fact, there are a lot of properties that make good rides but terrible movies, and it is still sad we have to depend on the movie in order to see the attraction.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast