Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Former CM

Re: Big Grizzly Moutain for DCA?

Regardless of whether or not BGM was cloned, I would love to see a coaster at DCA utilizing AA, Launch, and Backwards sections.

As for the redwood challenge. It can go.

• Banned User

It would be sick to see this in any form at DCA, but i just don't think it will happen. These coasters usually have to be built from the ground up, and since Grizzly Peak is already built it would be hard pressed to make a seamless addition of this attraction. If anything they'd have to clear redwood challenge and build it there, but you couldn't have two bear mountains so it'd have to just be hills/mountains.

• Disneyland Original '55

I like the water play area that came with Grizzly Gutch i think it would go great in the awkward corner near the hotel next to CF and the explosion blast that comes with the ride could go there and under the Hotel Bridge like it does in HKDL. As for the Monorail im hoping for a station in the CF area.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• Banned User

Why was this listed as a rumor???

• Hall Of Promise

After seeing the ride video all I could think about was how this could work at DCA. It looks like a great ride! I can see this in the Grizzly Peak area with little effort. With a little tinkering to the back-story it could work out very well. It could also provide the opportunity to enhance the land by adding more story and maybe some additional backdrops as well.

But, and there is a big but, space would be an issue. I wouldn't want WDI to try and shoehorn this attraction into a small area.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I say yes, even if it's cloned it's going to be differenet. for example, the TSMM was meant for ONLY DCA but is very different at WDW and is now open at Tokyo, and the Mermaid ride is going for WDW as well and looks very different as well.
    Except that both the rides you just listed were EXACTLY cloned in each of those parks.... Only the queues/buildings are different, exact same ride experiences.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Hall Of Promise

I really wouldn't mind seeing an oversea clone added to DCA, or DL for that matter. I really don't think the typical guest, local or far, would even know the same ride exists seeing how we don't really see advertisement from the international parks. As long as the attraction is done right I would probably like it.

Adding attraction from WDW to the DLR or vice versa is another story.

• some assembly required

Sound is not an issue for the GCH. They took sound into consideration when it was first built. If by chance what sound proofing exists isn't enough, there are ways to overcome this w/ better technology.

According to Samantha Brown, she "...slept like a baby, even though there was a themepark right outside..."

As ugly as the half tubes are on CS, they help alot with sound control for the hotels across Katella, as did the Maliboomer's scream catchers (dunno what Disney called them). Sound is the least of the problems for WDI. Retro fitting the Grizzley Peak, that may be an issue (cost-wise) and prevent any other ride from intertwining w/ GRR. The cost would be insane to weave a coaster in and around the peak. It could be done, but I think the cost would make them re-think this.

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    I really wouldn't mind seeing an oversea clone added to DCA, or DL for that matter. I really don't think the typical guest, local or far, would even know the same ride exists seeing how we don't really see advertisement from the international parks. As long as the attraction is done right I would probably like it.

Adding attraction from WDW to the DLR or vice versa is another story.
    Agreed. Only DLR fans know these things, the parks are not geared towards us nor do they cater to our wishes on a reg basis. The parks are made for the masses... the general public.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Not for the cloning idea, but I'm loving the idea of having a ride that could mold into Grizzly's surroundings. Maybe it could replace the Redwood Creek Challenge?

• Lighting Design Lover

Although I think the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail will eventually be removed, I would not expect to see it removed in the next decade or so. I mean between the Maliboomer pad and the backlot area of Hollywoodland I think there are several other areas where rides could be added first and add more to the park without really taking away anything from it, for now the RCCT serves its purpose, it's nice and well themed and let's children run off energy.

Also I don't know if building anything on the current spot of the RCCT will have restrictions as to how much noise it can make at night since it backs directly up to the DVC wing of the grand californian (much closer than either Goofy's Sky School, GRR, or WoC are now)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12