Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Change the Jungle Cruise!!!

lol i heard about the flyer, didn't see but surely heard.

I think the funniest mikey story i ever heard was his acting like a crazy person in the parking structure. Man's a lunatic!

• "I Break Things"

I want to point this out mainly for contrast. 4 pages in and no one has mentioned Jungle Book or Tarzan...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I want to point this out mainly for contrast. 4 pages in and no one has mentioned Jungle Book or Tarzan...
    I have often thought about how that ride escaped a Jungle Book re-theme and what would have happened if that movie were released today.

• Banned User

Well Tarzan already is used and jungle book while amazing is not relevant today, and wouldn't fit in well with the jungle's team

• Boise Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie527 View Post
    Jungle Cruise is one of my all time favorite rides. I always laugh at the jokes, even though I have heard them several times. My boys enjoy it, and to see them have fun is the whole reason I love Disneyland. A lot of posters on here get so picky about things here and there, but I never see any of that because I see Disneyland thru the eyes of my 6 year old and 3 year old. And that is joy and wonder, the whole point of Disneyland to begin with. There are some rides I don't like and wish would be changed/removed, ie Autopia, but my sons would be heart broken. Jungle Cruise is one of those rides that isn't going anywhere. And if you find it boring then maybe you shouldn't ride it.
    ^^^^Yes.... that. Agreed ^^^^^

• I am not a Krusty Krab

you just did

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Just good enough

I agree that a skipper can make or break the experience on this ride, otherwise very little needs to be changed as I still enjoy this ride.

Coincidentally, I rode this attraction earlier this month and had the BEST skipper I have ever had the privilege of riding with. I don't know if I'm allowed to share names on the boards but he was easily the funniest and best that I have ever been a part of. Less is more with this attraction and I don't think it needs any kind of overhaul or drastic changes but maybe a bit of a sprucing up would be nice, some new animals perhaps but not some sort of major refurb.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

Unfortunately several guests at the park really believe it's called the Jungle Book ride.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

but what about what Walt said about plussing attractions?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    but what about what Walt said about plussing attractions?
    I would agree it needs to be updated based on the enjoyment of the audience... not based on the thoughts of a man who never saw the last 40+ years of changes in society.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I am not a Krusty Krab

all i am pointing out is the ride could use an extra scene i like techskip's spider idea even though spiders scare the crap outta me lol

• rebmeM roinuJ

I was there a little over a month ago, after a 5 year break, and they did add (at least i think it was new) explosions in the water by the gorillas with the gas/explosives. That was enough to make me smile. And even if it wasnt new, i didnt remember it, lol.

• formerly very helpful

I was thinking the same thing. Over the past bunch of years, they've added the piranhas, which meant removing the water buffalos in the water, moved the monkeys near the gorillas, and added the gun and the explosions. Trader Sam has been altered in appearance. I even remember when there was no jungle camp. Indy's construction meant changes in the beginning of the ride. While these are not massive changes, I do see it altering and shifting as the years go.
    I do agree, there have been some awesome ideas mentioned here that would be great to see, but it isn't as if the river has never changed.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think...if they could get some "free" roaming Anamatronic animals that would be pretty cool..make me want tot ride it more...if it looks like Elepants were just walking around..not just always in the same spot

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast