Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Change the Jungle Cruise!!!

Walt Disney once heard a child ask his mother if they could get on the Jungle Cruise and the mother said no because they rode it last time. upset by this he then began to update the attraction every few years... when he died that stopped and other than minor changed in 1995 and 2005 the ride hasnt really changed and is super dull and even boring. if Walt saw this he would be very angry.

how can we change the ride and rewrite the script, yes i know how much you all love the ride but things need to be changed
    Last edited by MrsMonroe; 06-29-2012 at 02:13 AM.

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

Re: Change the Jungle Cruise!!!

I'm sure the animatronics could be updated, but the ride is fully functional and in good shape. Other things need more attention.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

why not plus everything? every ride needs updating! ESPECIALLY fantasyland... can some one show disney a paint shop lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Insomniac

^^Because Disney theme parks do not have an unlimited budget and corporate isn't going to update something that is still very popular. Besides, isn't the reason we have the jokes on the jungle cruise is because guests thought it was boring? I'll take corny jokes and fake animals over 80% of DCA.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• I am not a Krusty Krab

but the dark rides deserve attention as well as aging attractions. screw it im gonna go to college and find a way to be put in charge of Disney or by millions of shares and force them to spend the money

• Disney Mom

Jungle Cruise is one of my all time favorite rides. I always laugh at the jokes, even though I have heard them several times. My boys enjoy it, and to see them have fun is the whole reason I love Disneyland. A lot of posters on here get so picky about things here and there, but I never see any of that because I see Disneyland thru the eyes of my 6 year old and 3 year old. And that is joy and wonder, the whole point of Disneyland to begin with. There are some rides I don't like and wish would be changed/removed, ie Autopia, but my sons would be heart broken. Jungle Cruise is one of those rides that isn't going anywhere. And if you find it boring then maybe you shouldn't ride it.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by jeannie527 View Post
    Jungle Cruise is one of my all time favorite rides. I always laugh at the jokes, even though I have heard them several times. My boys enjoy it, and to see them have fun is the whole reason I love Disneyland. A lot of posters on here get so picky about things here and there, but I never see any of that because I see Disneyland thru the eyes of my 6 year old and 3 year old. And that is joy and wonder, the whole point of Disneyland to begin with. There are some rides I don't like and wish would be changed/removed, ie Autopia, but my sons would be heart broken. Jungle Cruise is one of those rides that isn't going anywhere. And if you find it boring then maybe you shouldn't ride it.
    maybe i find it boring because i notice all the things that arent working and skippers who dont do a good job... maybe it because i work there but i dunno...

• Missing my AP

Yeah.....Think ABC's "The River". Now there's a script change for ya.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

Besides all, i m admired of it!

• Banned User

Personally I’d love to see a bit more interaction with the animals and less campy scripted jokes.

I know it will never happen but if they could create a similar experience to that of the Safari from DAK that would be amazing, especially since that’s the original idea Walt had.

I think it would be cool to see an Australian section.

• Wish upon a star!

Jungle Cruise is fantastic the way it is-- corndog jokes and all.

• "I Break Things"

It's not Disney enough. They need to have Disney Characters as Skippers while rehashing whatever the latest blockbuster movie is. No more jokes, I'm serious, we need lots of Characters and lots of Movies so we can sell Plush and TShirts and Plastic Stuff...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

I love the Jungle Cruise, though I do admit some of the skippers could do a better job.
    They are what make the ride, after you've been on it a few times, and it's supposed to be funny every time and I've found many a skipper who doesn't care too much and lazily rolls the jokes off their tongue.

As for the rest of the ride, I think it's great and maybe needs a little TLC but otherwise in great shape. And besides, I think 99% of the people on this website/ the public would beg to differ with you because it's a classic ride.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Walt was very keen on 'plussing' every ride in the park while he was alive, that is accurate, if he rode it and came up with ideas.

With Jungle specifically, the only story I recall was him riding and being unsatisfied with the length of the attraction himself (skippers rushing through it) and insisting it should take 10 minutes, not less. He came back and checked up on it for months afterward to make sure, or had others check for him. He did want new scenes to add humor prior to that, but he added scenes and effects to several other attractions and areas of the park near constantly: such does not reflect that he thought Jungle particularly was flawed all the time.

Current Jungle does depend a lot on the Skipper, and some are less funny on individual trips who may well do awesome later: that's a variable which just occurs. In the past 10 years of going to the park, I have never experienced a skipper who wasn't trying or at least attempting to put their own spin on the jokes/putting a lot of energy into the presentation. Sometimes it just doesn't work for individual passengers.

As for the scenery, audio animatronics, scenes, etc, I see nothing looking worn out or that 'doesn't work' at current. It still draws guests in and I've seen many a boatload of guests having a great time. So I'd respectfully disagree that is in such 'bad' shape as insinuated in the original post. Guessing that 'Walt would be very angry' about a ride he oversaw and approved changes for because he liked it, based on someone's personal non-enjoyment of it (which is perfectly fine to have, by the way, I don't think every ride in Disneyland is amazing either) seems to me to be putting words in the mouth of someone who is a) deceased, b) was notoriously both a stickler for quality and had a very personal grasp of what was right for Disneyland which was his own (sometimes complex) vision of what was right and wrong, added to the fact of no one here knew the man in person enough to accurately guess what he would like or not like with 100 percent correctness about the modern park.

Just my thoughts

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    It's not Disney enough. They need to have Disney Characters as Skippers while rehashing whatever the latest blockbuster movie is. No more jokes, I'm serious, we need lots of Characters and lots of Movies so we can sell Plush and TShirts and Plastic Stuff...
    Yeah because crappy jokes make the ride amazing!

Keep trolling and not adding!

Anyway if they wouldn't go a more realistic way id love to see more of a wicked sense of humor added with characters like Shrunken Head Ned. The terrible jokes that are disney approved detract from the ride. Unless disney is going to give more freedom to the skips and we see a return of those on par with the mighty Captain Mikey.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast