Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: People Mover Removal

I'm sorry i'm just totally against blind nostalgia. To me it’s like a messy garage. You don’t want to throw anything out because of memories or the possible chance of it being used again. I’d rather move forward and get something new, even if thats just beautification. Disneyland should never become a museum and the PM has become an aged piece of history.

I agree, tear it down already along with all of the eastern side of Tomorrowland

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    I'm sorry i'm just totally against blind nostalgia. To me it’s like a messy garage. You don’t want to throw anything out because of memories or the possible chance of it being used again. I’d rather move forward and get something new, even if thats just beautification. Disneyland should never become a museum and the PM has become an aged piece of history.
    This!!! Sooo this!

I mean c'mon, the tracks should stay so we can remember what it was like to ride it 15 years ago? Thats what pictures and youtube is for!

I say if the rumor is true, about time! The tracks have become nothing but an eyesore to the area and doing nothing but rotting away. If they could do something with them and had plans to, great, but everyone has said it constantly they cant even use those tracks anymore. So even if they came up with a new concept they have to go regardless!

So tell them down already and if they come up with something later, fine, but if not then lets move forward and get rid of them.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    I agree.
    Keeping it there doesn't bring me any hope at all, just makes me think of how messy the land is right now.

Those tracks being there isn't going to bring anything back and make me hopeful, as we all know they have to tear them down anyways and can't be used.

I have a strange feeling that something big is going to happen to Tomorrowland. Lots of rumors over the past month or so. Not sure if the completion of DCA has anything to do with the recent surge in rumors.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Since Tony Baxter was quoted a while back as saying there are definite plans for the PM, I don't think its removal is likely.
    exactly

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Since Tony Baxter was quoted a while back as saying there are definite plans for the PM, I don't think its removal is likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I don't think the Peoplemover track will completely go away.
    From what I know the PM track in the Autopia, Sub, Motor Boat area will be gone and the new layout will go from Innoventions to the back of the Buzz building.
    There are plans for PM. Just not all of PM as it currently exists.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Can you explain?

• time to go

Brisal73 just did.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

where?

• Banned User

they need to remove all of Tomorrowland '67 and start over fresh. I guess leave Space Mountain and Star Tours 2 because they are popular but everything else needs to go seriously! There is so much land there just going to waste and old structures rotting away.

^I was thinking of the same thing.

For the tracks, I hope they are removed so they can rebuild a new and better track for an updated version of the PM or a similar ride.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• terrifiednerds.com

The Peoplemover was a great place to sit down and relax when you were hot and tired on a hot summer day, while still going on a tour and seeing the sights. If they tear it down, when Virtual Reality finally comes about, I intend to go back to a previous version of Disneyland--when all the good stuff was still there. I know some people like change for the sake of change, but some things are just fine the way they are. Otherwise, let's redo the Mona Lisa and slap a pair of Air Jordan's on the Little Dutch boy.

By the way--will real theme parks survive the home Virtual Reality entertainment center?

Google Glasses are just the start. It's coming...

• Minion

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    I think there has been more threads on the People Mover than any other subject (maybe Innoventions). I want to know if the people Mover was running continuously, to this day, would those newer OSHA requirements be applicable? And how is the PM track different then the Monorail? God forbid, if the Monorail was down for 10 years, would OSHA require them to have stairs every 20' before running again?
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post

By the way--will real theme parks survive the home Virtual Reality entertainment center?

Google Glasses are just the start. It's coming...
    Yes. No matter how realistic virtual gets, nothing will come close to actually experiencing the real thing.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast