Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: People Mover Removal

I'm not thinking narrowly i just think once attractions are closed they should remain closed, and that's just my opinion. In a land of future, i don't want to see old ideas being refreshed (but i was wrong about Star Tours so who knows)

As far as the castle walkthrough and lincoln: I totally forgot about these and yes they are amazing. Real care and love went into bringing them back.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I agree The subamrines have so much potential for something even better, but I think we owe a debt of graditude to Nemo because with out I doubt we would have seen the subs return. With thzat said Disney needs to up their game and really put a new verions of voyage under the sea. Incluse something that has future ocean cities anduse the cgi tech to creat a 3d effect.
    I think Disneylad would be mad to just sink the world's 7th largest sub fleet Take that Iran!
    That's the whole problem, it shouldn't take a movie franchise to revive something great. You think the Imagineers or Tony Baxter wanted to put Nemo in the Subs? Heck no, they wanted to update the previous attraction with state of the art technology and restore Walt's concept. At the end of the day it is Disney shackling the Imagineers creatively which has caused this attraction to be in the talks of removal, not the ride system or concept.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Seawolf now that they have shown thath e subs are as popular as ever, and from the lines Ive seen the seems to be I think now they have a leg to stand on say lets do this as part of our Tommorowland refurb. I could see the suits saying yes to having a truly updated version of the people mover by tony including a movie tie in to get the green light. I could see TRon fiting the bill of not only a futuristic ride but fun too
    Dave

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    As far as the castle walkthrough and lincoln: I totally forgot about these and yes they are amazing. Real care and love went into bringing them back.
    Like I said, it has nothing to do with the previous attraction system being older, it has everything to do with execution. If I was an imagineer and was told by suits to only use Nemo as a theme, that is extremely limiting and by no means makes the person truly enthusiastic about what they are creating, especially if they had something better in mind. This would be like Disney telling me to retheme the Matterhorn, a very serious and mysterious attraction into something that targets a 5-8 year old demographic.

• Banned User

But what I've said is no matter the content of the subs the ride itself is flawed in my eyes. It's cramped and slow. Ive listed other problems but those are the big two for me. I understand that you love them but overall the subs were on their way out long before nemo. Now of they changed the ride system an underwater trip might seem more intreging or exciting.

Am I the only one who was dumb enough to keep hoping for Rocket Rods to come back? :-)
    The only "fast ride" this great grandmother goes on......

Their adding a loop.

• Dave

Blog Entries

No I could see them coming back. Especially if they plan on rebuuilding the track. One thing the people mover was also great at was it was a great people eater alowing more people in the park = more $$$$!
    Dave

I think they should make a PM type ride that look like one of these or a pod like vehicle where you can rotate it with a joy stick. If they add something to make it interactive or something it would be more than just bring an old ride back. I loved the Peoplemover but it can't return in it original form. It must be re-imagined or updated extremely.

Name:  enclosed%u00252520Peoplemover%2520cars.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  94.2 KB
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    Now of they changed the ride system an underwater trip might seem more intreging or exciting.
    Which is always an option, but to throw out the baby with the bath water is a mistake. Walt Disney's general idea works and has been proven popular with guests.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Smile Re: People Mover Removal

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    I think they should make a PM type ride that look like one of these or a pod like vehicle where you can rotate it with a joy stick. If they add something to make it interactive or something it would be more than just bring an old ride back. I loved the Peoplemover but it can't return in it original form. It must be re-imagined or updated extremely.

Name:  enclosed%u00252520Peoplemover%2520cars.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  94.2 KB

I myself have said the same thing and agree 100%. Talk about a truely amzaing experience and have the darkride section take you through the cities of the future or even include a trip through faming of the future as you transition into cities of the future!

---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty26 View Post
    Their adding a loop.
    That would be a blast if they could! how about a horizontal instead of a vertical one! Kind of like those hotweels tracks. That would be a hell of a ride
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 07-05-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I myself have said the same thing and agree 100%. Talk about a truely amzaing experience and have the darkride section take you through the cities of the future or even include a trip through faming of the future as you transition into cities of the future!

---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

That would be a blast if they could! how about a horizontal instead of a vertical one! Kind of like those hotweels tracks. That would be a hell of a ride
    Corkscrew.

• film975

I think that was the original mistake of the Rocket Rods. They built them on top of the exsisting People Mover track. When they should've built a whole new one to better support that new ride.

I definitely don't want the PeopleMover tracks to be removed. However, I don't want the PeopleMover to return as it was pre-Rocket Rods either. I'd like to see a new, fast ride built up there... think Rocket Rods, but done right.

• Sondheimian

If they wanted to have a high speed Rocket Rods type ride, they would have to redo the entire track, which they were unwilling to do the first time. It would have been a great ride if they had taken the time and money to just bank the turns so it could keep a consistent speed throughout. I wouldn't be against that, I'm just against another type of Peoplemover.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast