Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• -

Re: Redoing the Esplanade

Some shade may be nice, but I don't think it needs much more than that. I don't think they should over theme the area. That way, there is more of a "wow" factor when you enter the parks.

As far as people watching the fireworks from the esplanade, I have no problem with that. It is the same as if they watched them from the sidewalk on Harbor. At least in the Esplanade Disney gets parking fees from them.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman View Post
    From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    how 'bout a fountain with a statue of Abe Lincoln chasing a boy with an axe?
    Seriously though, I think the Esplanade does need something. It is too expansive and those check points do need to be dealt with. They got to remember, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression! I like the idea of having Walt's house put there. Maybe something else from Maceline MO.
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    chasing a boy with an ax? nah how about Abe chasing Hitler with a chainsaw

and i agree with you 100%

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

From what I remember reading the pavers with the names on it can't be touched for 12 years and that ended in 2011 so technically speaking they can't touch it till 2023 or they have to refund the money paid for it. My facts might be a little off but it close to that
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    From what I remember reading the pavers with the names on it can't be touched for 12 years and that ended in 2011 so technically speaking they can't touch it till 2023 or they have to refund the money paid for it. My facts might be a little off but it close to that
    they can be moved

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

Seriously though, I think the Esplanade does need something. It is too expansive and those check points do need to be dealt with. They got to remember, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression! I like the idea of having Walt's house put there. Maybe something else from Maceline MO.
    I should also mention that his family's house is pretty cheap for a house, its like 167k
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• formerly very helpful

There is NO WAY the people of Marceline would ever willingly get rid of something of Walt's, especially his house.
    Ambitious thought, though.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

agreed

• Minion

Do you ever envision the Esplanade completely covered, maybe in turn-of-the-century, wrought iron?
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

like at tokyo disneyland?

• Minion

I guess that's were my brain got that idea from!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Just good enough

I think the esplanade is just fine as it is. Maybe re-do the bag check areas so that they are more of a permanent structure, but other than that nothing else needs to be done. You don't pay to go to the esplanade you pay to see the parks.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

just glad they got rid of that awful eyesore in the middle with pictures of random people.

• Under that tree again!

Do you ever envision the Esplanade completely covered, maybe in turn-of-the-century, wrought iron?
    I could see something like this as a possibilty. Of course if you leave California you may notice that Cali has outdoor stuff and other places indoor stuff.

Malls started in the midwest. The idea is you make a shopping center insidee to control the climate making it a pleasing area to shop in. The midwest had low retail sales during 4 cold months, a couple wet a couple hot and a couple that are very nice. It came down to making a place that was nice to shop for 12 months instead of the 6 they had.

In Socal it's nice about 11 months of the year, rarely too hot or wet and never too cold for outdoor shopping. After the indoor mall trend came a new trend came to build themed outdoor malls. This is what DTD and GW are. California schools have outdoor halls as well, something far less common in the rest of the country.

The Esplanade will probably get reworked after Disney watches traffic patterns change over the Summer due to the DCA attendance shift. Also on what is done at the Pumba lot and planning for a third gate. ARTIC seems like a go but I haven't seen information on if its constuction includes lightrail to DLR or the ACC.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 07-04-2012 at 09:33 AM.

• AKA - DisneyChris

I think they should make it more pleasant, more trees and a nice big water feature. More benches too - perhaps bring back something akin to the avenue of flags idea from the original tomorrowland

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    just glad they got rid of that awful eyesore in the middle with pictures of random people.
    You mean the sign all the tourists stopped and took their pictures in front of?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast