Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    What I don't understand is sometimes they do play the fireworks soundtrack here but sometimes don't. But I prefer if they did. Lol.

    But I want a play fountain kinda like one at paradise park.

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,552

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    A nice oval fountain would really add to the area along with rows of trees which would make natural separation of lines for people to queue up for the gates. The whole esplanade is bland, hot and lacking of charm.

    The security points are another issue that should be fixed, I can't stand seeing the ugly tents and metal barriers cutting the property in half. I especially hate how they look on the south side by the sitting area of la brea bakery.

    The security checkpoints should consist of nice landscape dividers with ornate iron work and permanent canopies and a large gate right in the middle or sides for truck maintenance access. Very similar to how Disneyland gates are.




    Oh while we are at it TEAR OUT. The ugly poppy flower fountain that is at the entrance of DTD. They need to add something that looks a bit more classy with maybe some Disney characters. That plastic and tile fountain is in disrepair and when turned off is used as a play area for kids

  3. #33

    • Just good enough
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    808

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    I don't know if a fountain is necessary, and I think it would kind of take the shine away from the new fountain in BVS. Maybe a bit more foliage would be adequate but I don't think they should overdo it.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.








  4. #34

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,894
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    I'd be up for a unique fountain.....not a generic one....something maybe with statues of some of Walts Eailer work from Mickey to Bambi

  5. #35

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,438

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    I'm going to say no to a fountain. I was previously accepting of this idea, but you know that it's just going to be clogged up with people sitting on it or playing in the water if they can't get into the park or something. It would lose its beauty really fast. If something has to be there, I'd prefer something more in line with the "Let the Memories Begin!" signage: something without a seat.

  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    494

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    Maybe there could be a bunch of fountains, one for each letter in California, and it could look like a really big postcard!
    uumm, I think something like that was already done. I'll hang up on myself now. (click)
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-


    We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.







  7. #37

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,445

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I'm going to say no to a fountain. I was previously accepting of this idea, but you know that it's just going to be clogged up with people sitting on it or playing in the water if they can't get into the park or something. It would lose its beauty really fast. If something has to be there, I'd prefer something more in line with the "Let the Memories Begin!" signage: something without a seat.
    What's wrong with giving people a place to sit?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,438

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What's wrong with giving people a place to sit?
    Nothing, but when you have the entire fountain surrounded by people, it really loses a lot of its beauty. And I've always thought people in the middle of the Esplande to be a pain because they get in the way of park hoppers.

  9. #39

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    827

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    How about they add some of those virtual windows with 2 way video feeds to all the disney parks around the world?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

  10. #40

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,445

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Nothing, but when you have the entire fountain surrounded by people, it really loses a lot of its beauty. And I've always thought people in the middle of the Esplande to be a pain because they get in the way of park hoppers.
    If they put a fountain in it would block things, too. I hope that if they put one in it would have room for seating around it like a lot of the planters do.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  11. #41

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,145

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The security points are another issue that should be fixed, I can't stand seeing the ugly tents and metal barriers cutting the property in half. I especially hate how they look on the south side by the sitting area of la brea bakery.

    The security checkpoints should consist of nice landscape dividers with ornate iron work and permanent canopies and a large gate right in the middle or sides for truck maintenance access. Very similar to how Disneyland gates are.
    This becomes a bigger point year after years. After a decade of tents when will they make something that is fitting for the park and efficient. I bring a bag in 1/20 of the time and don't like waiting at these stupid checks the other 19.

  12. #42

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,445

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This becomes a bigger point year after years. After a decade of tents when will they make something that is fitting for the park and efficient. I bring a bag in 1/20 of the time and don't like waiting at these stupid checks the other 19.
    They need a dedicated "no bag" line.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  13. #43

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    What I don't understand is sometimes they do play the fireworks soundtrack here but sometimes don't. But I prefer if they did. Lol.

    But I want a play fountain kinda like one at paradise park.
    they usually dont


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  14. #44

    • some assembly required
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nowhere in particular...
    Posts
    687

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I am fine with it being open like it is. It offers great views to both entrances and allows for some spacing from the crowds. Maybe a fountain in the middle would be cool. The thing I think needs work is the security check points. Just makeshift huts and not anything nice to look at. Kinda looks a bit junky to me.
    I so agree... I thought by now there would be perm structures, even just plain but slightly dressed up awnings on perm posts... or something.
    Is there a reason the CPs looks so plain? So temp?

    I wondered if it was b/c Disney doesn't want it be decked out in Disney-ness
    so that they will not be associated with what is probably the most negative thing about the park (and not be associated with the reason it is at the park).

    Maybe it is always going to look temp as if oneday, by magic, it will all come down even if we all know that is never going to be true???

    ---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 05:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    How about they add some of those virtual windows with 2 way video feeds to all the disney parks around the world?
    They can't, those pesky time zones get in the way...
    ~Jay

    "Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)


  15. #45

    • AKA - DisneyChris
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    444

    Re: Redoing the Esplanade

    I think a series of flag poles and colorful flags would be better than a fountain. Each flag could display a Disney character. Does anyone remember the Flags from Tomorrowland in the 50's - something like that...
    ____________________________________________

    HAPPY NEW YEAR - MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN 2013

    Now Presenting --- A DAY AT DISNEYLAND - AUDIO ADVENTURE
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com
    ____________________________________________

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Bricks in the Esplanade
    By DISNEYJUNKIE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 11:01 AM
  2. Staff visited us earlier at the Esplanade
    By JimbobJimbo in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 11:01 AM
  3. Does anyone know where I can Get the Esplanade Loop?
    By roxystar68 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 09:06 AM
  4. Redoing the Space Mountain queue...
    By Kushana in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 12:03 PM
  5. Across the Esplanade
    By eyes_of_mara in forum Break Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •