• Minion

Crazy idea...turning paradise pier into paradise bay

What if during the PP renovation, Paradise pier was returned to a beach setting(for the most part). Paradise Bay would be split into two sublands, paradise pier and paradise beach. The whole south side of Paradise Bay(AuA, Golden seller) area would be the beach area. The little mermaid exterior would resemble Pince Eric's castle which would better fit the beach area. Newly paved walkways would be tan with different rocks and what not to look sandy. A new ride using crush's coaster's ride system would be put in the beach area ,taking you through california native sea life and biomes. A small aquarium would be placed near this ride with a tide pool interactive exibit. Golden zyphler would be removed and would be replace by a sort of bumper boats type ride. Sounds crazy, but I think it would be a better fit, having rides themed to actual experiences and not..well..rides.

• Senior Minion

Re: Crazy idea...turning paradise pier into paradise bay

WDI had a very similar plan and didn't go with it, so they certainly aren't going to change it now. But I don't like the idea of it being two lands. They're the same place and time and not visual separated, I see no justification for it being two lands. It never made sense the way it was at first, but now the whole area is one land and it makes a lot more sense. I do think conceptually that the area from the GZ to the SSS is supposed to feel more beach-like and the other side is suppose to be the pier, but that doesn't mean the land can't just be called PP.

But I definitely think some of the ideas you have as far as making the beach area and pier area more realistic and defined area needed. I'd definitely like to see the concrete edge removed from the GZ to SSS and a softer beach-like edge to the bay built. Then I think they should extend out the pier from near Screamin's first hill to the fun wheel so that it looked more pier like and added some space to the boardwalk. I'd also like to see the bay extended to appear like it flows behind Screamin' with a small bridge over the water connecting the former Maliboomer location to near SSS, basically where the SSS elevator tower starts. I think that would really make the "pier" and "beach" areas feel more real and more defined.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I am not a Krusty Krab

love it

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Future Imagineer

Ehhh. I don't like it, it's basically a return Paradise Pier to its 1.0 version, and Paradise Bay IS the name of the body of water the land surrounds. Eric's Castle can't be built with the location and space the LM ride has and it doesn't need a redo since it is very well done already. And I especially don't like the idea of more generic rides at DCA (it has enough already). Not to be mean, it just sounds like a rehash of the original pier design. Now with that said I do enjoy the idea of a Crush's Coaster ride and aquarium (even though I've had similar concepts), it just needs to be moved into the CS Helix by it's station and have the Crush's Coaster be located the parade building (a new one would be in buildings in the remainder of the Timon Parking lot).
    Last edited by Right Ear; 06-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I'd like to replace the whole land with something that has a little more substance.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I'd like to replace the whole land with something that has a little more substance.
    I know....but not going to happen...really as long as they kept Mermaid and Screamin...the rest could could and I don't see how it could get much worst

• Minion

^you would let toy story go!?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Yes.

• Minion

Why?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

If you take away the screens and glasses there is not much to TSMM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    ^you would let toy story go!?
    Ohh yes I do love the ride...but to be fair...the ride really could be "rethemed" to any thing and be just as fun....I love how fun the ride is but to be fair...the Q and theme are not the strongest

It's my guilty pleasure at the Parks

• Nutty about Disney parks

Exactly how it should've been. Much of the land seems consumed by a garden theme rather than a beach or oceanside theme which seems to really take away from the point of a land called Paradise Pier.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I will take more garden over pier any day.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    If you take away the screens and glasses there is not much to TSMM.
    You can really strip any ride down like that, and make it sound like the bare minimum. You can say the same about any ride for that matter. You take the stars out of space mountain and it's just one big rollercoaster, star tours is just a simulator if you take away the screens and 3D.