Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

They are basically your standard industrial dish washer. When anything comes out of these dish washers, they are incredibly hot.

Just to note, I have never seen the ones at Disney, but almost all 3D glasses in the industry are cleaned by using this method.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Hooterville, USA

Well, a lesson learned.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Great. Now I want to see what the cleaning machine looks like, lol.
    They're basically long machines which wash and dry the glasses via conveyor belt. It can get pretty hot and sticky if you're in a room with one operating.

• Minion

but wow, that security guard was so mean, it's not like the guard was going to return it all the way back from downtown disney to tsmm cus, that's a lot of work.
    oh im pretty sure that Disney Knows for a fact that people take them home and such. I don't see the big deal here, it's not like it's worth lots of $. but yeah, that security was over reacting.

• Just good enough

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    but wow, that security guard was so mean, it's not like the guard was going to return it all the way back from downtown disney to tsmm cus, that's a lot of work.
    oh im pretty sure that Disney Knows for a fact that people take them home and such. I don't see the big deal here, it's not like it's worth lots of $. but yeah, that security was over reacting.
    I wouldn't say it was too harsh. The OP was walking off with Disney Property and they have every right to take it back if they so choose. It doesn't seem like it was taken with any kind of force, and most people normally aren't so willing to just hand the glasses over if they failed to adhere to the signs while exiting the attraction.

Bottom line, when people don't return glasses that's an extra cost that Disney has to endure which drives up other prices in the park. Please, return your glasses after the attraction, they can't really do anything for you outside of the attraction anyway.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

•   
    • Minion

It sounds as if the guard was pretty objective, honestly. The glasses are Disney's property and they do have a right to ask for them to be returned. The guard was doing the proper customer service thing, actually: I've seen other customer service reps do similar things. Instead of saying "don't take those!" they're saying "I know you meant to return those but must have forgotten you had them; I'll help you by taking them for you!"

Having said that: are Disney's 3D glasses special or would any 3D glasses work in Star Tours/TSMM? If someone were really paranoid about germs, and the outside glasses worked, I suppose someone could buy a pair ahead of time and bring them to the park.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    are Disney's 3D glasses special or would any 3D glasses work in Star Tours/TSMM?
    Tough to be a Bug, Muppet 3D and TSMM are the same (I believe) Star Tours are not(again, I believe). I've often wanted to use the pair I get at Disney 3D movies because they are MUCH more comfortable to wear, but to date I haven't had the chance to see if they work.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

I also thought that 3d glasses could be bad for your eyesight if you wear them for long periods of time as if they were just another pair of glasses.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I also thought that 3d glasses could be bad for your eyesight if you wear them for long periods of time as if they were just another pair of glasses.
    Gonzo will show you how it is possible to trip while wearing your glasses.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They are VERY bad for your eyes in sunlight.
    They are basically polarized and tinted. The tinting effect dilates your pupils allowing more UV rays into your eyes and onto the retina since there is no UV blocking effect whatsoever. At certain angles, the polarized light will allow more UV rays into your eyes (of course it may block other rays from another direction but not enough to balance it out).

With that said, anyone wearing them as sunglasses during the day will probably not suffer long term effects. Why? B/c the glasses will give you a monster headache within minutes and the person wearing them will most likely put 2&2 together and realize what is going on and take them off. It is similar to the first stages of snow blindness (what I have been told. Dunno for sure since I haven't experienced either effect).
    Last edited by JMazz; 07-01-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: additional info...
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    So a few weeks ago I took my first ride on Toy Story Mania and there was no signage like Star Tours telling you that you have to return them, so I took one assuming that was ok. I also wore them repeatedly the same day to go on the ride and the cast member giving out the glasses in line didn't care when I said I already had them. As I was strolling through Downtown Disney today I had them propped up on my hat and a security guard walked by me in the opposite direction and swiped them from my hat and coldly said "I'll be returning these for you" without even stopping. Are you not supposed to take them, because I didn't see a sign or cast member telling you to give them back.
    there are signs at the exit that say Please Return Glasses

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Lion

The 3D glasses in movie theaters (such as Disney digital 3D or "RealD") are circular polarized. These will not work in the current Disney 3D theme park attractions.

The glasses at Muppetvision, Tough to be a Bug, and Captian EO are linear polarized, at 90 degree angles to each other. These will not work in a movie theater, and won't work on Star Tours either.

Star Tours uses dichroic glasses, that work in a similar fashion to the old red/blue glasses. They are much more expensive than the polarizing kind.

I find it hard to believe you didn't see the signs...

Quote Originally Posted by atbsfire View Post
    I find it hard to believe you didn't see the signs...
    Yes apparently I can't read English I'll be sure to return them next time.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I find it hard to believe that you thought you could keep them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast