Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    but wow, that security guard was so mean, it's not like the guard was going to return it all the way back from downtown disney to tsmm cus, that's a lot of work.
    oh im pretty sure that Disney Knows for a fact that people take them home and such. I don't see the big deal here, it's not like it's worth lots of $. but yeah, that security was over reacting.
    Stealing something that does not belong to you is still stealing, regardless if its a 10 cent item or a $1000 item. Morally and legally its not right to take something that does not belong to you.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

There is a way to see one of the machines that sterilizes the glasses in Florida: it is on the Undiscovered Future World backstage tour in Epcot. The machine is housed in the Imagination! pavilion and does, indeed, resemble an industrial dishwasher. Our tour guide told us a story that when the Disneyland Resort's machine broke a few years back, DLR glasses were flown in several times a week to Florida. Both resorts, however, have a huge amount of sterilized glasses in reserve.

• Boise Mouse

Stealing is stealing.... No matter the value. If someone wants a souvenir, they purchase one. What if everyone just walked off with a pair?

On our last visit, we saw a woman walking down the pier with a pair on, using them as sun glasses I guess. I was tempted to say something, but I didn't. Makes me angry when others feel they are entitled to do things such as taking things that are not theirs.

• Minion

You ALWAYS have to return the glasses. That's a given. You can't just take something that's not yours, those belong to the parks. Same thing goes for when you see a 3D movie at the theater.

• Hukuna Matata!

I heard those Startours ones were like 8 bucks each. If you got caught with them you might of got a free ride in the back seat of the Anaheim PD

• Minion

And people wonder why everything costs so much! Theft raises operating costs the security guard was actually being nice not charging you and just taking the glasses.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Yeah returning 3D glasses is required on every ride/ movie theater in the country. Why would Disney give away free glasses when they can reuse them?
    Maybe at a Disney park you have to return them but the 3D glasses you get at a the movie theater are yours to to keep i always take mine from the theater the 3D glass bin at the theater says recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I heard those Startours ones were like 8 bucks each. If you got caught with them you might of got a free ride in the back seat of the Anaheim PD
    I've seen a cast member give them to a little boy on his birthday, so I don't think it's THAT much. And the TSM ones can't be more than the Star Tours ones. I've learned my lesson, so thanks guys! I'll return them next time.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
    Maybe at a Disney park you have to return them but the 3D glasses you get at a the movie theater are yours to to keep i always take mine from the theater the 3D glass bin at the theater says recycle.
    I've never been to a 3D movie where I was allowed to keep the glasses. Lots of people just walk out with them, but there's always a guy standing at the exit trying to collect them. Maybe you're just going to much different theatres than I, but I've never seen one where keeping them was the expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by 3duckgirl3 View Post
    I've never been to a 3D movie where I was allowed to keep the glasses. Lots of people just walk out with them, but there's always a guy standing at the exit trying to collect them. Maybe you're just going to much different theatres than I, but I've never seen one where keeping them was the expectation.
    In Orange County most theaters let you keep the glasses...they have recycling bins to put them in but there's no entitlement to return them.

• Disneymom

I understand that you missed the sign and probably should have returned them but I feel it was rude of the security guard to swipe them from you. He should not have taken them off your head without talking to you first. If anyone had taken anything off my head as they walked by me i'd be mad. He should have stopped you and explained the situation and asked if he could return them for you.

Theaters charge you a fee for the glasses, Which is why the price is painfully high most of the time.

I have a feeling that the security guard thought that you just forgot about them and took them off your hands for you. That's just judging by the first post. I could be wrong.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Hukuna Matata!

You have a point Lou, I dont care how wrong I am, If he reached for my head, especially without warning of why Im afraid I would of went into self defense mode.
    If they refused to return them, Then I think then he has the right to take them from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    You have a point Lou, I dont care how wrong I am, If he reached for my head, especially without warning of why Im afraid I would of went into self defense mode.
    If they refused to return them, Then I think then he has the right to take them from you.
    That's why I asked the question. I didn't know it was required to return them but NOW I do and I'll be sure to return them next time. I DO think now that he had the right to take them from me.

• I'm a Lutheran

My friend stole glasses from Star Tours when we went last August. She told the cast member at the disposal bins that she had left hers in her seat. The cast member just nodded her off. Crazy. I felt like stopping her but honestly in this day and age with my friends they could care less about what is right and wrong. Unlike me they like living life on the edge and not giving a care about the benefit and enjoyment of other people.

Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast