Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Banned User

Re: So I guess you're not allowed to take the Toy Story Mania glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    Well I think they're just like a cool random souvenir and it's kind of gross to keep wearing ones used by hundreds of random strangers (I always wipe my Star Tours one with one of those Purell wipes) so I just cleaned one and was planning on using it all day.
    They are a rather dangerous souvenir... they don't provide any UV protection and can actually cause more harm to you eyes than no glasses at all if you wear them outside.

And yes they are nasty, but then so are the 3D glasses you get when you go to a movie theater. While you might think they are new because they are in a plastic bag they are just just re-bagged... so yourself and everyone else a favor when you go to a 3D movie and throw the glasses in the trash so they can't recycle them, lord knows you already paid for them because they added a surcharge on the price of the ticket to pay them so don't be gross and let them recycle them.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    So because its easy to do and people do it all the time that makes it ok and right? Just because you can and don't get caught it makes it right to do something ILLEGAL and IMMORAL?

I'm very disappointed in some MCers with their views on stealing.

I just wonder how they would feel, if someone stole from them?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Hmm I would have thought that returning the glasses would be self explanatory, yknow with the whole "Return your glasses" bins, and the fact that they belong to Disney.

But I guess you have to word everything out these days.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    And look what I found... Who wants to order some so we can all just have our own? I need 49,995 more ordered to make the minimum 50,000 order. Plastic Linear Polarized 3D Glasses, 3D Glasses for Sale - CAB59LP, China Plastic Linear Polarized 3D Glasses, 3D Glasses for Sale Manufacturer and Supplier
    Why don't you just order all 50,000 and set up a cart on Harbor across the street from Disneyland. You can market it as selling sanitary glasses so people don't have to use the ones in the park that are used over and over again. (We all know they are washed in between, but that's neither here nor there )
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Mischievous Mouse

I guess I'm confused, it seems obvious to me that these glasses are every bit a part of the ride as any other component. e.g. the average person wouldn't take them away seeing that other guest were discarding them into the receptacles at the exits. Unless they just felt entitled to them. And I don't understand how someone could feel entitled to them since it's obvious you're not purchasing them for the ride, rather you are "borrowing" them.

When we borrow, we return. Unless we are stealing.

Pretty simple. What if "EVERYONE" took a pair?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Cars Land Rocks!

As I was strolling through Downtown Disney today I had them propped up on my hat and a security guard walked by me in the opposite direction and swiped them from my hat and coldly said "I'll be returning these for you" without even stopping.
    I have no problem with the way the security person took the glasses. I've heard someone say a CM took glasses from them, or a friend in a similar way. I'm sure they see this all the time. It is the simplest way to get them back.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by 3duckgirl3 View Post
    I've never been to a 3D movie where I was allowed to keep the glasses. Lots of people just walk out with them, but there's always a guy standing at the exit trying to collect them. Maybe you're just going to much different theatres than I, but I've never seen one where keeping them was the expectation.
    In most movie theaters, you are paying for the glasses, and they give you a sealed, 'fresh' pair. Why? Because unlike Disney, they don't do 10s of thousands of viewers every day and have no need or desire to treat and reuse the glasses and instead sell disposible pairs.

Disney on the other hand reuses glasses. It's not a difficult distinction and to understand why one is different than the other.

Ok I get what you're saying. But if the cast members don't condone it, shouldn't they say something [...]
    Do you really need someone telling you how to do every little thing or signs telling you something?

Do you just pick up food at the store and start eating it.. because.. there is no sign there saying 'do not eat me'?

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpeeder View Post
    Anywho, it was still quite rude. But, most cast members are nicer than that.
    And all you have is one side of the story... from someone who thought it was ok to take things because no one told him explicitly NOT to.

What I don't understand is how they would expect a guest to know not to take them unless they tell them
    Up next.. we will need signs in the hallway that say 'turn NOW' because people will say no one told them that they should turn when the hallway changes direction.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I think u ppl are over reacting. People steal from disneyland ALL THE TIME
    Morals - have any? Just because someone can do something - doesn't make it RIGHT. Attitudes like this are why we can't have nice things anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jennc04 View Post
    Question on the cost of the glasses....What's more expensive- the cost of the glasses or the cost of the glasses being cared for (bins to store them, CM to take them to washer, cost of machine and upkeep, water for washer, CM to take them back to ride, etc). I'm assuming that new glasses cost more as why would they invest all of the time and money into the washers- but I wonder how much cheaper?
    Well.. first off.. look at this way. Assume the attraction does 1,000 guests an hour. The park is open roughly 12hrs a day on average. That's 12,000 glasses a day. 84,000 a week, or 4.36 MILLION pairs a year. Even if the glasses only cost them a penny... new glasses would cost them 43,600 dollars a year. Never mind the amount of waste, storage, shipping, etc that would generate.

It's not a responsible attitude to take to generate that much waste for something that can be washed and recycled.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Attitudes like this are why we can't have nice things anymore.
    Name:  4668129280.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  21.6 KB

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I'm very disappointed in some MCers with their views on stealing.

I just wonder how they would feel, if someone stole from them?
    This is disturbing to me, too.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    In most movie theaters, you are paying for the glasses, and they give you a sealed, 'fresh' pair. Why? Because unlike Disney, they don't do 10s of thousands of viewers every day and have no need or desire to treat and reuse the glasses and instead sell disposible pairs.

Disney on the other hand reuses glasses. It's not a difficult distinction and to understand why one is different than the other.

Do you really need someone telling you how to do every little thing or signs telling you something?

Do you just pick up food at the store and start eating it.. because.. there is no sign there saying 'do not eat me'?

And all you have is one side of the story... from someone who thought it was ok to take things because no one told him explicitly NOT to.

Up next.. we will need signs in the hallway that say 'turn NOW' because people will say no one told them that they should turn when the hallway changes direction.

Morals - have any? Just because someone can do something - doesn't make it RIGHT. Attitudes like this are why we can't have nice things anymore.

Well.. first off.. look at this way. Assume the attraction does 1,000 guests an hour. The park is open roughly 12hrs a day on average. That's 12,000 glasses a day. 84,000 a week, or 4.36 MILLION pairs a year. Even if the glasses only cost them a penny... new glasses would cost them 43,600 dollars a year. Never mind the amount of waste, storage, shipping, etc that would generate.

It's not a responsible attitude to take to generate that much waste for something that can be washed and recycled.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

yes that is compleatly the wrong message that stealing is ok because if you get cought there is no punishment or action. pretty messed up IMO dannyland
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Minion

The theaters were i live have alarms on the theater doors so if you leave the theater with a pair the alarm goes off! The extra cost for 3D movies is the studio cost not the theaters for glasses as the theater makes no money off of tickets only concessions which explains the higher cost of those products.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

If you honestly think people don't watch you in the stores for stealing. You're dead wrong.

There is a reason why there are bins at the exit of ALL 3D attractions.

• Banned User

I have a pair that i've taken. They are a cheap plastic pair of glasses, who cares. Me and my wife see how much stuff we can get every time we're at the parks, granted we always ask CM's. Like i have a menu from cafe Orleans and framed it. There's lots of cool unique souvenirs you can get if you just ask.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The information about park policy regarding taking the glasses has been fairly well answered and documented at this point.

This thread is now closed due to off-topic and increasingly argumentative discussions of other aspects regarding theft from the resort and personal attacking type posts.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678