Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,108

    stop calling DCA Pixar land

    who cares if DCA has mostly Pixar, Pixar IS Disney!!! its like saying theres too many princesses in disneyland and opting to rename it Princess Land lol also why would you want the same charcters in two parks so close to eachother? i love Pixar because its quality entertainment and im all for it



    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  2. #2

    • Oh, I just LOVE your hat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Route!
    Posts
    297

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Yes! I agree with you! I love Pixar in DCA!!!
    Because Bert Said So!

  3. #3

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Pixar retains its own branding for a reason, because it has a respect that the Disney name has lost over the past few years. The Walt Disney Company may own Pixar Animation Studios, but Pixar is not Disney, it's Pixar.

  4. #4

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Pixar retains its own branding for a reason, because it has a respect that the Disney name has lost over the past few years. The Walt Disney Company may own Pixar Animation Studios, but Pixar is not Disney, it's Pixar.
    its the same creators so i refuse to accept that disney merely owns pixar. like i said, pixar IS disney. thank you


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Yeah people really hate "brands" here but personally i think the Pixar characters are some of the best out there and i love attractions that incorporate them.

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,606

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Who's been calling DCA Pixarland lately? I haven't heard a peep.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  7. #7

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    its the same creators so i refuse to accept that disney merely owns pixar. like i said, pixar IS disney. thank you
    A few shared personelle do not change that there is an entirely different structure within each organization. Pixar also has a different culture than Disney, although many would say the Pixar culture has been infected by the Disney culture. And still, if Pixar IS Disney, then there is no need for the Pixar name to be retained. The continued use of the name has meaning, because it represents something that Disney does not and has its own legacy that is known in common, but also distinct from the Disney legacy.

  8. #8

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    A few shared personelle do not change that there is an entirely different structure within each organization. Pixar also has a different culture than Disney, although many would say the Pixar culture has been infected by the Disney culture. And still, if Pixar IS Disney, then there is no need for the Pixar name to be retained. The continued use of the name has meaning, because it represents something that Disney does not and has its own legacy that is known in common, but also distinct from the Disney legacy.
    well i can agree with that but you cant ignore the fact that Pixar in a way, has saved DCA


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    3,185

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    When I go to DCA , the Pixar attractions (other than FFF) are what mainly scream "family" to me like Carsland, Turtle Talk, and TSMM. They may not fit the theme of their respective lands (like Monsters Inc), but don't forget that Disneyland is guilty for plopping Pixar rides in the wrong places as well (glares at FNSV)

  10. #10

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,173

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Pixar retains its own branding for a reason, because it has a respect that the Disney name has lost over the past few years. The Walt Disney Company may own Pixar Animation Studios, but Pixar is not Disney, it's Pixar.
    Exactly. Pixar is Pixar in every creative sensibility and in its internal management structure. The fact that it was purchased by Disney doesn't make it "Disney" in any way except as a business entity. The fact that Disney customers are comfortable erasing the difference between the two studios is irrelevant to what they in fact are -- different studios with different histories, different heritages, different personnel, and different creative sensibilities.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  11. #11

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    most people regarded toy story as a disney movie


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

  12. #12

    • I'm a Lutheran
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    There's no real problem with Pixar in the parks. Now it's quite obvious that DCA has the most Pixar influence out of all the other Disney parks in the world but despite that it works. Disney does own Pixar, yes. But the fact of the matter is that Pixar is not Disney and Disney is not Pixar. They may have a close connection to one another and one may own the other but they are two separate companies with two separate styles. Despite that they work very well together and because of that Pixar will always have a presence in the parks whether you like it or not. The only park without a Pixar-based attraction to my knowledge is Epcot...oh wait, Nemo and Friends...maybe DisneySea...oops, TSMM...DLP? Nope, forgot about Laser Blast...see my point? No matter what, each and every Disney theme park will have a Pixar-themed attraction/area. Pixar has become a part of the Disney legacy and as time goes by and the Pixar name gets even bigger and bigger, we'll be seeing a lot more of Woody and Buzz in the Happiest Place on Earth and her sisters.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

  13. #13

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,345
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    well i can agree with that but you cant ignore the fact that Pixar in a way, has saved DCA
    How so? Before Toy Story Midway Mania! most of the Pixar additions were quite small in nature and part of the rather haphazard attempt at boosting the park's performance. Toy Story Midway Mania!, while popular, does not seem to have had a huge impact on the performance of the park. Cars Land is clearly very popular and may well help turn the fortunes of the park, but that is a single property, but I also think that had the Cars films never existed a similarly loving synthesis of Route 66 on a grand scale would also be well received.

    ---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 01:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    most people regarded toy story as a disney movie
    Plenty of people also think that Don Bluth's animated films are Disney films. Same for the works of Dreamworks Animation.

  14. #14

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,173

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    most people regarded toy story as a disney movie
    What people think doesn't define the reality of which studio is which. When Fritz the Cat opened, Disney was deluged with angry mail from parents who took their kids to it thinking it was a Disney animated feature. Many continued to insist it was a Disney film, even after seeing the credits for another studio, and even after Disney disclaimed all ownership of it.

    Ask the artists at Pixar if they're Disney, and ask the artists at Disney if they're Pixar. You'll get a resounding NO.

    The fact that Pixar makes great animated films with great characters is irrelevant to the claim that "Pixar is Disney." Pixar is owned by Disney as a business entity, and Disney distributes their films -- but there the similarity ends.



    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Plenty of people also think that Don Bluth's animated films are Disney films. Same for the works of Dreamworks Animation.
    Bingo.

    The stories are legion of the number of artists at Emeyrville and Burbank whose uncles, aunts, grandparents and even parents routinely ask what they did on this film or that -- films that were done by another studio.

    When it comes to animation, most people don't know which studio is which... and even fewer know to which era of animation history a given film belongs. (The numbers of Disney management who are even more ill-informed than the public on this score would make your jaw drop.)
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  15. #15

    • I am not a Krusty Krab
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Elsa's Snow Castle
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: stop calling DCA Pixar land

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How so? Before Toy Story Midway Mania! most of the Pixar additions were quite small in nature and part of the rather haphazard attempt at boosting the park's performance. Toy Story Midway Mania!, while popular, does not seem to have had a huge impact on the performance of the park. Cars Land is clearly very popular and may well help turn the fortunes of the park, but that is a single property, but I also think that had the Cars films never existed a similarly loving synthesis of Route 66 on a grand scale would also be well received.

    ---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 01:42 AM ----------


    Plenty of people also think that Don Bluth's animated films are Disney films. Same for the works of Dreamworks Animation.
    i disagree completely!

    ---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 10:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    What people think is up to them. When Fritz the Cat opened, Disney was deluged with angry mail from parents who took their kids to it thinking it was a Disney animated feature.

    Ask the artists at Pixar if they're Disney, and ask the artists at Disney if they're Pixar. You'll get a resounding NO.

    The fact that Pixar makes great animated films with great characters is irrelevant to the claim that "Pixar is Disney." Pixar is owned Disney as a legal business entity, and Disney distributes their films -- but there the similarity ends.
    i liked Fritz hehe


    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Why no monorail stop in DCA? And would you want a stop there?
    By WildForMrToad in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 09:35 PM
  2. For all you DCA/PIXAR Haters...
    By PearlSparrow13 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 04:46 AM
  4. DCA: New land Idea: Connection of wasted space
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
  5. Debt Collectors - How do I get them to stop calling??
    By NeverNeverland in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 07:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •