Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Why isn't the Mann's Chinese theater in Hollywood Land?

Sid Graumann opened The Egyptian Theatre first in 1922, followed by The El Capitan Theatre and The Chinese Theatre a few years later. All three have thankfully been restored and show films daily.

Again, our current-day Hollywood is freeway close and doesn't need to have dinkier replicas in neighboring O.C.

Nor do I see a need to transplant a Florida attraction that showcases other studios' famous catalog titles. There are wax museums for that here and an ultimate Hollywood filmland tribute coming, hopefully soon, in the Academy's museum in the Miracle Mile whose collection no one could hope to compete with.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• AKA - DisneyChris

perhaps they could build an original designed theater incorporating elements of all the classic movie palaces -

HAPPY NEW YEAR - MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN 2013

Now Presenting --- A DAY AT DISNEYLAND - AUDIO ADVENTURE
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Sid Graumann opened The Egyptian Theatre first in 1922, followed by The El Capitan Theatre and The Chinese Theatre a few years later. All three have thankfully been restored and show films daily.

Again, our current-day Hollywood is freeway close and doesn't need to have dinkier replicas in neighboring O.C.

Nor do I see a need to transplant a Florida attraction that showcases other studios' famous catalog titles. There are wax museums for that here and an ultimate Hollywood filmland tribute coming, hopefully soon, in the Academy's museum in the Miracle Mile whose collection no one could hope to compete with.
    Plus there's the Million Dollar Theater in downtown LA, which is also a Sid Grauman theater and is open semi-regularly and is accessible on tours. If someone wants to see a Grauman theater in Southern CA they have four examples of the real McCoy. There's also the DeMille barn, there are the various studio tours and there's the Hollywood Museum, all covering our film heritage.

The Hyperion right now is a replica of the historic Los Angeles Theater that is almost never open--that's a nod to the past that is worthwhile, IMHO.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

read the yesterland article about the giant hat in DHS. that might be one of the reasons

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by theswillmerchant View Post
    Considering Disney (allegedly) had to put that stupid hat in front of the Chinese Theater at DHS because they couldn't get a licensing deal done to continue to use the theater as the park icon, I doubt they are willing to pay the cash to license the image for another park.
    They should have just made The Earful Tower Watertower the icon instead of the ugly hat. It makes more sense because almost all major studios have water towers. Such as Paramount or Warner Bros.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12