Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• AKA - DisneyChris

Re: Least favorite place to eat in Disneyland????

LOL - I worked in the MK at WDW in the mid 90's right after the new Tomorrowland opened, and they had the original Alien Encounter ride. They had turkey legs in Tomorrowland but they called them Alien Legs --- now that was doubley gross.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Tourist

My daughter went to DL last month with her boyfriend. When she got back, she asked me this same question. My answer was The Village Haus, because the last time I ate a hamburger there, I got sick.

For her it's the Pizza Port. She said she had some pizza there that was terrible.

My memory my be clouded, but I think we had some pretty good pasta one time at the Pizza Port. But the area in general is dirty and smelly, and it's certainly not my favorite place to eat.

• We set sail for the sky

Pizza Port in Tomorrowland always seems like one of the circles of Hell to me. I try not to even look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    LOL - I worked in the MK at WDW in the mid 90's right after the new Tomorrowland opened, and they had the original Alien Encounter ride. They had turkey legs in Tomorrowland but they called them Alien Legs --- now that was doubley gross.
    Now that sounds horrible. :P
    "It all started with a mouse." Walt Disney
    Disneyland Paris: 2008
    Walt Disney World: 2008, 2013
    Disneyland Resort California: 2010, 2012

• Minion

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    The only place I'm pretty darn sure I'll never, ever eat is Club 33.

But seriously, since I don't really look to themepark food for gourmet quality, I shop equally for ambiance as for edibility. With that regard, I've made great efforts from time to time to avoid Toontown. It's just not a relaxing, attractive place to eat.

While it isn't one of my favorites, I honestly don't get the contempt for Pizza Port. I don't think it's all that bad, especially for theme park food. Oh, well. to each his own.
    That was funny! I'll never eat at club 33 either, but my brother did and brought me home some matches with our last name on them!
    I'm with you on Toontown. I didn't even remember they had food there. I try to stay out of that land.
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Disney Obsessed

there are some places mentioned on this list that i like!! Tomorrowland Terrace is great for breakfast! I love being able to stare at the subs lagoon and the matterhorn while eating breakfast And I think it tastes quite good.

Though I agree on Pizze Port. I really havent eaten there in a long time so I cant vouch for the food any more.. but I can't eat there. It's like a dirty peter piper pizza place. It smells funny, tables are dirty and kids running wild.... so I walk right past it.

• Greetings, Program!

Another thumbs down for the Pizza Port. Awful food, garish appearance......nothing appealing about it in the slightest.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    I love being able to stare at the subs lagoon and the matterhorn while eating breakfast And I think it tastes quite good
    The Matterhorn or the breakfast?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• No Disassemble!

Pizza Port, it reminds me of Chuck E' Cheese.

• The "zip" in your doo dah

We just ate at Flo's V-8 and the kitchen was totally backed up. The veggie casserole wasn't good but the sliced NY strip & mashed potatoes was tasty. Can't say that I love the interior decor, although the view of Carsland is stunning. Probably wouldn't go there again.

My 2 Cents on the subject...

Rancho de Zocalo: Food was OK, but kinda spicy. (Not the biggest fan of Mexican food.)
    Pizza Port: Not a fan, bad pizza, and the Pasta isn't much better.
    Village Haus: I enjoyed eating there. *Good Fries
    Hungry Bear: Good Hamburgers, *Good Fries

*For some reason, I think that theme parks in general make really good French Fries.

NOTE: Those are the places that I remember eating at. I had lunch at Toontown when i was little, but I don't remember what I ate. My palette isn't as gourmet as you like, but at least I also think that Pizza Port isn't good.
    -Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on MiceChat.

Facebook <Feel Free to add me, just say you're from Micechat.

• Minion

churros at Downtown disney, SO NASTY! I thought it would taste like the ones at DL, No. It's a different company.

• Minion

I don't think there's any restaurant at DL that I truly dislike...I even don't mind Pizza Port. Then again, I've never had pizza there. I get pasta and it's actually pretty good. I really love the Pinocchio decor of the Village Haus but I hardly ever eat there because it's busy and filled with screaming kids. I've never done Bengal Barbecue because I don't want to wait in that long line for a few small pieces of meat on a stick. Sometimes I'll even grab a hot dog at Pluto's Dog House, but I've never done Daisy's Diner.

• Banned User

I can't say there's any particular food location that I don't like, because most of the food comes out of the same standard kitchens anyway. When it comes to certain particular menu items, though, certainly, your mileage may vary. Personally, I've been to Pizza Port only once (it might be twice, but I only recall once), and while it's a simple place with a simple menu, I thought the food was good (not wowzers, but it was cheap, filling, tasty, and didn't make me sick), so I'm surprised at all the hostility about it here. Tomorrowland Terrace was never a special place, food-wise - just your basic Aramark/Sysco-type mass market industrial burgers and fries & such, like many other food spots in the Park, but it wasn't especially offensive. Rancho del Zocalo's OK, but I liked it better when it was Casa de Fritos (not the least of which is because the older name is easier to say). It's a lot better than Taco Bell any day of the week, that's for sure.

I have to admit, Disneyland, as a whole, does just an OK job when it comes to its food service offerings. A lot of stuff is the same uniform quality and is designed for mass consumption, and it's made in the same kitchens and just distributed in different locations, usually in some sort of cafeteria-style variant (or "buffeteria," another term they like to use). Sometimes a particular item is only available in one location, so because there's less of that item being made, the quality can be better, but it's like eating at Denny's or IHOP or Olive Garden. What would be really nice is if at least some of the restaurants in the various lands really were just like actual restaurants outside the berm, and had gourmet chefs who could not only insist on much better food quality, but also improve the menu offerings, occasionally change the menu, and even offer daily or weekly specials, as well as offer off-menu items. But then again, it might make the overall price of food inside the Park skyrocket, and with the price of food rising everywhere as it is already, it may not make the most economic sense.

I think as long as Disneyland lets you bring your own food and eat it in the picnic area near the Main Gate, it should be OK. I mean, seriously, it's Disneyland, not Disney's Culinary Adventure. While good (and healthy) food should certainly be available in the Park, it's important that there be not only a variety of offerings, but also that those offerings be affordable, even if they're not exactly gourmet.
    Last edited by Retrocool; 07-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

We ate once at Village Haus in Fantasyland and really did not like it. This was a lot of years ago and we haven't gone back to see if it got any better.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast