Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Fantasyland guy

Re: What should be done with Innovations?

why not put AE in there!!!

I never got to go on Encounter...

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

AE would be awesome

• CM for 4 years!

Umm... how about instead of rehashing an old idea, we get a NEW attraction?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• The one, the only...

I don't have a specific suggestion, but I do believe that there are elements to a new ride that would have it successful.

It needs to be fun for kids and adults. Elements that make that happen are:

1) Animatronics-- Disney has been doing animatronics light lately. Disney is synonomus with animation. I think that the craft of bringing a character to life on stage is a Dsiney signature. I say animate a new character who would be the host or a group of characters. How about penquins hosting?

2) Technical innovations-- I believe that the show needs to have a WOW factor. I know that it is hard to do in this day and age, but I still think for a Tomorrowland theme it needs it.

3) Have Fantasy-- Take us to a place we have not been. Show us something that we have always dreamt about. Let's bring dreams to life.

4) Music-- Great music makes a good ride great. Can you imagine PotC or HM without music? I want to be humming a song when I leave.

Those would be the elements that would make any ride a winner.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    That is a good idea, and certainly better than what is currently there now... But I am afraid that it doesn't fit the theme of tomorrow very well...

My feeling is that it should definately house a ride of sorts or a show presentation on energy and energy sources... This is the great challenge of tomorrow where we find energy... Fossel fuels are a limited supply, and natural gas is as finite... do we go with Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Electicity from Nuclear Fusion? Granted these issues are finite, so the ride would definately be dated going in...

But it needs to be something that challenges the vision of kids as well as provide for an intelectual curiosity of adults...

Not everything in the future should be imply space travel... But how we are going to travel 100 years from today... Electricity is fundamental...

So why not Electri-City?
    Well I think the Disney story would kind of fit in, because of all the technological advances Walt created in his life and would have created. In that show stage 6 could be filled with many digital effects and all

I think your idea would be very fun too. Walt had a way of making education fun. So I think that If Disney would make your Electri-City attraction while incorporating walts ability to make education fun, I can see a popular attraction in the making

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

But I don't know. Maybe each stage of "Innoventions" can feature snippets past Disneyland attractions.

Or maybe they can create a special "Alien Encounter" that has 6 stages full of different actions while the monster itself continues to run up and down the aisles breathing down everyones necks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

This is kinda going with your idea, Disney Wrassler...

I've always felt that, to replace HISTA, a movie about Disney's advances in technology could be shown in a movie (maybe throw in a Walt AA there as your host). They could show tidbits from Disney's Wonder World of Color when they had the Pirates segment, for example...just keep showing the progression of major achievements through technology that the company discovered and created. This way, the movie would not have to be updated too often...if they wanted to keep it fresh, every now and then they could add at the end a "sneak peek" to future attractions coming our way.

I like the idea but to me it doesn't really fit into Tomorrowland. I think this would fit better into Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Walt was a big influence in the movie business.

Innoventions on the other hand needs to go. I been in there once and have never returned. I really like the idea of the time travel ride. I kind of would like to see Alien Encounter but I also kind of don't. It sounds like a good ride but the fact that it was replaced at WDW makes me think twice about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scoobygang7144
    I like the idea but to me it doesn't really fit into Tomorrowland. I think this would fit better into Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Walt was a big influence in the movie business.
    Excellent Idea .

Hey did you know that when tomorrowland first opened, in the 1950's, it was based after what people thought 1985 would look like? Interesting. Now the theme should question what 3085 should look like .

Back to the innoventions topic. Maybe it can feature.....um..... Well I already stated my ideas and can not think of anything else

But keep your ideas rolling in cause you chatters have real good imaginations

I think they should put in a very stripped down Mission Space, The Que can be where exit now and just wrap around.
    5 days a week

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: What should be done with Innoventions?

Here's a new idea...

Why not have a 3D show (ala Philharmagic/Muppets 3D) with animatronics in the
    building (with the revolving theatre). Throw in "smell-a-vision", smoke and laser
    effects and "rumble" effect in the seats for good measure.

Also make the show one that's based upon time-travel INTO the FUTURE with
    a dramatic story line .

Can even do a VR shuttle travel scene for good measure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

That is a good Idea Nish. Perhaps depending on the theatre size and capacity, maybe a few theatres can be fit into the building all showing the same thing at different times just to get more guests per hours.

I always liked the idea of keeping the building, but downstairs and install a new Circle-Vision/Audio-Anamatronic show or maybe bring The Timekeeper here from Walt Disney World. It would cause some reworkings of the building, including having the building be combining the layout of the past and current. Having guests sitting in the rotating outer section but facing the walls that seperate the building from the exterior, where a new host will show them something. A time-travel adventure, alien demonstration, view of the future/past, something. Anything besides a rotating Best Buy.

And upstairs be turned into a restaurant with some modifications (i.e.) a seperate building next to it on the Pizza Port side, where a kitchen, an elevatorm, and restrooms can be installed, and there be outdoor seating too. It would be inviting to the guests to look out at the new Peoplemover scurrying across Tomorrowland, Monorails gliding through, the Submarines docking at the station, Autopias racing, and the Observatron finally working on a schedule.

• șoș Tom șoș

The building needs to go, if it houses a new attraction folks will continue to walk by and assume it either still Innoventions or COP and will remind people of poor memories, especially Innoventions.

Here is the Innoventions building highlighted here which does only a tiny bit to promote Tomorrowland: Space theme.

Here is Mission: Space- a vastly popular space themed ride in Florida which is one of the few rides I would advocate cloning and cementing another E-ticket for Tommorrowland to end the loopsided nature of the park and get people interested in the new and improved Tommorrowland. Both rides ocupy roughly the same space and real estate but one of these rides actually attracts guests. Can you guess which one?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I would like to see what Mission Space can do for Disneyland. It would probably be good for people who remember Disneylands "Journey to the Moon" because it pretty much is an extremely updated version of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast