Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• True Disneyland Nerd!

Lodi Ca, 6 hours from the Happiest Place on Earth *o*!!

Re: What should be done with Innoventions?

A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G besides what it is now..what a waste of space....so to speak!! Remember when Tommorowland used to be one of the coolest spots in the park?? Sure miss that ole microscope!!

• Banned User

How about updatig star tours and leaving it where it currently is and not moving it to innoventions. My suggestion, have a time machine ride(a simulator). the story goes like this a famous scientist found the secret to time travel and went into the futurehecame back a few seconds later but aged. he decided to sell the technology and Disney bought it. Now disney is offering excursions to the future. When you get there something goes awry and some weird law was broken and then you are being chased through the city of the future by the police. The robot pilot tries to get to the present only to find out that in the rush of trying to get back he went back to the the afternoon of july 17,2005 and over restricted air space. He is then chased by fighter pilots(in fa22 raptors) and missiles while he uploads time and location to get back to the right place a few minutes after we left(like five minutes which is how long the ride takes). It takes a minute or two because he is doing many things at once. he finally gets back and safely lands in one of the docking ports in the current innoventions building(it will have four or five)It will have side windows to increase the thrill(Unlike the star tours which only have front windows) . I think this would fit in and it probably wouldn't have to be updated for awhile. It will be CG images so when weapons and fighter planes update the originals can be repalced cheaply. Also the time you leave and arrive back will be realtime while the fighter scene and future city scene will will be preset times(city December 15,2267 at 9:12Pm [the reason for night is to make it more thrilling when suddenly a bridge appears without notice and other things],fighter july 17, 2005 at 4:45Pm[a tie in date to disneylands greatest celebration though the sequence will probably take place elsewhere) A tv screen near the front will show what a rearview camera is showing

• Long Distance Imagineer

Excellent Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    The building needs to go, if it houses a new attraction folks will continue to walk by and assume it either still Innoventions or COP and will remind people of poor memories, especially Innoventions.

Here is the Innoventions building highlighted here which does only a tiny bit to promote Tomorrowland: Space theme.

Here is Mission: Space- a vastly popular space themed ride in Florida which is one of the few rides I would advocate cloning and cementing another E-ticket for Tommorrowland to end the loopsided nature of the park and get people interested in the new and improved Tommorrowland. Both rides ocupy roughly the same space and real estate but one of these rides actually attracts guests. Can you guess which one?
    If you made an attemp to make these pictures to scale then I must inform you that you were mistake. The Carousel Theater at Disneyland has a diameter of approximately 200 feet, as does Space mountain. The Main Building for Test Track at Epcot has a diameter of approximately 300 feet. In these pictures Test Track and Innoventions appearto have the same diameter. This is just not true. These pictures make Mission: Space look smaller than it actually is. The Wonders of Life Building (which is just above Mission: Space in that picture) has a diamter of Approximately 200 feet. You can see that Mission: Space is slightly Larger than the Wonders of Life (The Amber Dome of it atleast). Pretend the Wonders of Life building is Innoventions and you have a better Idea as to how they compare size-wise. If you really wanted to you probably could fit Mission Space into Disneyland's Tomorrowland, but considering cost, lack of space in Disneyland, and lack of popularity in WDW (WAY too intense for most people, it rarely pulls in a 30 minute wait. While it may be a great attraction it is lost on most guests as they are not thrill seekers and cannot takethe G-Forces that would be placed on them by Mission: Space. While it's a nice thought, I'd have to disagree with the proposal of it replacing Innoventions, as would Disney's Accountants.

I'm thinkin' a mix of the old, a mix of the new and a little something completely different will fix Innoventions up right.

Yensidtlaw1969

• ...TWO BITS!

I don't think TL needs yet ANOTHER space travel (Mission: SPACE) themed ride. I want something other than that.

If some of you guys want AE or DLR's better and more successful version of Stitch's Great Escape, I say put it in Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. Then that version can update WDW's. Put a Pizza Planet where Club Buzz is now. Put a new restuarant on the second floor of Innoventions if there is room. I'd like to see SOMETHING ELSE go into Innvoentions, too. Make it be a dark ride or a AA Carousel show version of Timekeeper. But I understand Timekeeper is having trouble in WDW. Make a TRON inspired 4D movie for HISTA. When guests enter the theater, blacklights can make the room have those multi-colored circuits like in the movie. And the motion base seats left over from HISTA can be used. One more thing, put a condensed version of Innoventions in Starcade along with ASMIO.

M'kay? M'kay!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I think it will eventually come down to them building Flying Saucers...just a thought.

What did they do with the old theaters of Mission to Mars/Redd Rocket's Pizza Port? Did they them up, or turned them into kitchens? That building seems to small to have anything in it besides a restaurant or store. And the "outdoor" area which faces the queue of HISTA and SM needs a facelift, it looks like a mishmash of 1977, 1984, and 1998.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ From what I understand, the current Redd Rocket's Pizza Port used to be the location of the "Flight/Journey to the Moon"/"Mission to Mars" attraction. It was closed around 1993. Then in 1998 was turned into a restaurant. So if this is true, I would like to see a better/successful Stitch's Great Escape there. Heck, they even have a Stitch mosaic infront of the restaurant!!

And another thing from what I understand, Alien Encounter was updated using the "Flight to the Moon"/"Mission to Mars" theater building. So technically speaking if I'm correct, a Stitch's Great Escape can fit in Redd Rocket's In fact, let's change SGE to something else because the attraction's storyline is supposed to take place before the Lilo & Stitch movie. How about "Alien Escape"? A mix of AE and SGE.

If my idea becomes reality, I'd put the Moonliner on top of my new Pizza Planet's stage or on top of the restaurant patio roof.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

This is a great shot .. for it shows just how PROMINENT the location of the carousel building is to Tomorrowland - CENTER.

So .. as this is a "center"-piece ......... the future should hold something that will be so high caliber (Definitely an "E") ... to be Tomorrowland's centerpiece attraction.

No mediorce "D" or "C" ideas need apply.

They have to save this space for something pretty special for the future.

Innoventions is now 8 years old.

Unfortunately.

It has outdone Carousel of Progress (6 years _1967 to 1973)

WDI has very sadly deminished into something so less than so many people here really realize ........ YET ....... I have hope that some designers .. and some top executive people will greenlight something pretty special within the next 10 years.

A family attraction ..... not something where we are smelling chili dog burps ........ God, please - NO! .............. No more extreme (6 Flags) thrills that became the fashionable thing in the mid to late 90s ........

But something that the WHOLE family can participate in.

After all ....... this is the center point of the land.

• Banned User

Post 32 it is meant to be an e-ticket. Thank You cindersgirl for the comment

• ºoº Tom ºoº

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969
    If you made an attemp to make these pictures to scale then I must inform you that you were mistake.
    I in fact have no control over the satellites and just primarly used the maps available to me and made no boost that they were to scale, thank you.

I recently purchased a copy of the Musical History of DL and was listening to the Tommorrowland section and it occurs to me that with all the modern affects we have available to us, we should be able to create a new "flight" movie based on the impending technology of space elevators that climb ribbons into space.

I would suggest a multi-tier ride system like a combination of Mission: Space, the elevator system of Haunted Mansion and the drop capacity of Tower and Storm Riders (see also Disneysea)

Simply rider enter a space elevator...rides up to a space platform where they can visit a space station and take tours ala a motion simulator to the new Titan colony project, once return you would enter an identical elevator to the one you arrived on but as you descend you gain a feeling of weightlessness...

It would require a larger building and ground excavation and would be costly...also I would almost eliminate the space tour to Titan if they could tie the queue to Space Mtn...

• No marbles to begin with!

I just had a brain fart and got a whacky idea. Make the innoventions building a space station. The inner non-rotating room can be the control room and will be seperated from the revoling part by a wall with large windows. The revolving part would have planets and stars on it. So overall you should get the feeling of being inside of a space station rotating somewhere in the infinite galaxy. Maybe the space station could be like the house of the future but about a space station instead of a home? As for the second story I have no idea yet.

To get into the space station guests will board into an "teleportation device" which will basically be a themed show room that give the illusion of being warped into space(like Journey to the center of the earth in tokyo Disney sea). the room will open on the other side and the guests will be in the space station. They will use a second warp to "leave" the station.

As for the outside of the building I would have it look like a device used to warp something into space. It would have a tower on top with a giant dishlike contraption that would fire a laser to into the heavens making it look like it really warping people somewhere (this would basically kill the observation and have something replace that). The moving part of the building would have to be covered from the outside to hide the revolving space station illusion.

Dunno, I just thought of it as a neat idea.
    I haven't read the the other replies so some of this might have been said already. I was just to darn excited.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• Over Agrabah

Awesome idea, count me in!

UPDATE
    A
    M
    E
    R
    I
    C
    A
    SINGS

There's no yesterland ride that I miss more. And probably no bigger travesty than shutting it down, leaving the place empty for so long, and then opening a Circuit City in it's place.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I hear theres a buy 1 get the other free sale on bulldozers

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123