Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

What should be done with Innoventions?

I said in another thread that Innoventions should be replaced with its own type of Carousel of Progress Walt Disney Story.

All the characters can be state of the art AA's, including a few of Walt and Roy Disney.

Any way, Stage 1: can take place during Walts Childhood and an AA Walt Disney as a boy describes what life was like growing up in Missouri, Chicago, etc. and what his family was like.

Then Stage 2: can feature a 20 year old Walt Disney AA describing what it was like joining the Red Cross during WWI and how he grew interested in cartooning.

Stage 3: would feature an AA Walt Disney talking about the Hyperion Studios and the "newly opened" Disney Bros. studios and all the things they made in the studios.

Stage 4: can document all of the technological break throughs Walt made during his life.

Stage 5: would feature an AA Walt Disney talking about Disneyland and "The Florida Project".

Stage 6: Would feature an AA Roy O. Disney talking about Walts future ambitions and dreams, such as the original E.P.C.O.T., that were cut short due to his death.

So what do you think? I would personally love watching that show?
    Do you have any better ideas of what kind of show can replace Innovations? What are your ideas?
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 01-02-2006 at 10:38 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: What should be done with Innovations?

Heck I was thinking, during the scene about Disneyland, Disney could use that as an opportunity to feature and/or hide some of the former AA's from now distinct attractions in the background of that stage.

I mean, maybe they can hide an America Sings creature and the Carousel of progress dog in the background, or put the grandma from the Carousel of Progress somewhere on the set as if she was an employee working on Disneyland attraction Ideas. Or pehaps the grandma can be featured on stage 3 working as an employee at one of the Disney animation studios.

•   
    • Minion

That is a good idea, and certainly better than what is currently there now... But I am afraid that it doesn't fit the theme of tomorrow very well...

My feeling is that it should definately house a ride of sorts or a show presentation on energy and energy sources... This is the great challenge of tomorrow where we find energy... Fossel fuels are a limited supply, and natural gas is as finite... do we go with Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Electicity from Nuclear Fusion? Granted these issues are finite, so the ride would definately be dated going in...

But it needs to be something that challenges the vision of kids as well as provide for an intelectual curiosity of adults...

Not everything in the future should be imply space travel... But how we are going to travel 100 years from today... Electricity is fundamental...

So why not Electri-City?
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

>>What should be done with Innovations?<<

Uhhhh ...... bulldoze it down?!

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

i think get rid of everything inside.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Innovations? Where is that?

As much as I love Walt I just think it doesn't fit. Walt may have looke dot the future but it isn't the same as Carousel of Progress. A new carousel show would be awsome, but it needs a Tomorrowland theme. Heck just do a tour of a futuristic city. Nothing serious really, as that would just be Innoventions with seats. See a spaceship factory, the house of the future, city hall, etc.

Innoventions is that "showcase" inside the old Carousel building

•   
    • Minion

Actually it is Innoventions... as someone once reminded me...

Innovation + Invention = Innoventions

I say it really should be:

Innoventions - Asimo = Best Buy
    Check out my other blog:

Yeah, um... gut the place.

No really, the Disney Carrousel of Progress idea sounds great, but it doesn't really fit into the whole "Tomorrowland" theme. How about tying it to some sort of time travel idea? That is, in the future, we will be able to travel through time. That way, we could visit the past and future of Disneyland while utilizing the Carrousel of Progress theme AND the lovely rotational aspects of the building.

• Animatronic

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Actually it is Innoventions... as someone once reminded me...

Innovation + Invention = Innoventions

I say it really should be:

Innoventions - Asimo = Best Buy
    I can't believe you are comparing Innoventions to Best Buy!?! Best Buy is way more fun!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    I can't believe you are comparing Innoventions to Best Buy!?! Best Buy is way more fun!
    He shoots he scores...

Too true, too true...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah
    Yeah, um... gut the place.

No really, the Disney Carrousel of Progress idea sounds great, but it doesn't really fit into the whole "Tomorrowland" theme. How about tying it to some sort of time travel idea? That is, in the future, we will be able to travel through time. That way, we could visit the past and future of Disneyland while utilizing the Carrousel of Progress theme AND the lovely rotational aspects of the building.
    Awesome idea!

Like in one section, you could visit dinosaurs, the ice age in another, the old west, and another with the typical flying cars etc. (but not label what time it is so there will be no need to update the thing in a short amount of time). That would be so awesome.

• Long Distance Imagineer

If there were anyway the room could spin and go up at the same time...then put something in there (as has been said before) that pertains to the future. Then maybe exit out on the second floor and take a people mover type thing to the ground.

Otherwise, i've posted on other threads what I would do with the building.

No COP please. The song is catchy, but I'm tired of the Epcotesque tommorland. I want Science FICTION. Disneyland is a place of fantasy and imagination, having TL grounded in reality is kinda dull to me. I like the time travel idea with visiting 4-5 different scenes throughout time and having various f/x occur to endanger the guests. Maybe rip out the insides and use it for a nice multilevel darkride. Or rehouse Star Tours in there and use the existing Star Tours for the darkride.

COP is in danger of being removed from WDW, why would we want a ride that is on the chopping block? I think the ride is good but overrated because of Walt's involvement. Same thing with Small World. Nice ride, takes up way too much space for what it is.

And give me a five second headstart before you try and crucify me.

What about that Alien Council from the Tomorrowland 2055 idea?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast